Planning To Go To Krabi

hUsh

Hi all!

I have never been to Krabi and looking into going there (on the 3rd week of May) for a short trip as my bf will be in town for a couple days. How's the weather there? Does it rain the whole day? Also, how's the diving scene? Can anyone recommend a few places to go diving?

We're looking at staying at Sheraton Krabi, any comments on the hotel and the beach?

Thanks in advance!

Cheers,

hUsh :o

Hi Hush,

All of the diving that I know has been stopped. Sea too rough. The weather is on and off. Today is sunny (this early am we had rain) and my husband is out running an Island Tour. The general rule is it's calmer on the east coastlines and wavy on the west. The Sheraton Krabi, looks wonderfull, But i've never been. Check out perhaps the trip advisor website for reviews of the hotel.

Pm me if you want too. Kindly HH :o

here

Thanks, HH!

my bf wants to go diving, but told him already the current weather situation.. so probably wont be going too far from bangkok...

will try hua hin or koh samed...

My mum's coming over next week and we're all going to Krabi for a week

Not the best time I know but this is the only time she can fly

Already been warning her not to expect long sunny days based on the weather in Bangkok right now!

AirAsia has Promo-Seats to KRABI (as well as to UBON) at 99 Baht one way for July and August (though, most cheap August seats are already taken, but still plenty in July) , but hardly any FARANG knows, as this was only published on their THAI LANGUAGE website ;-)