Use crypto currency to transfer money into LOS ?

siamike

Can I transfer US dollars from my US bank into a Bitkub or Coins.th wallet,  then transfer those dollars out of my wallet into my Kasikorn bank account as Thai Baht?

Will Kasikorn consider the currency in my wallet as Dollars or Baht?

Would this violate any international banking laws? 

3 hours ago, siamike said:

Can I transfer US dollars from my US bank into a Bitkub or Coins.th wallet

Nope, you also most likely will find it hard to open an account (as an American).

You can only top up Bitkub or Coins.th from a Thai bank account in your name.

You can ofcourse buy Crypto in the US (or other places that allow you) and transfer those USDC/USDT/Crypto to Bitkub and withdraw to your bank in thailand.

You can (if allowed an account on bitkub/coins) transfer fiat from your thai bank to the thai exchange, buy usdt/usdc/crypto and transfer that outside of thailand 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Jenkins9039 said:

You can ofcourse buy Crypto in the US (or other places that allow you) and transfer those USDC/USDT/Crypto to Bitkub and withdraw to your bank in thailand.

Some ppl here said it is illegal to trade farang cryptocurrency in Thailand.

i.e. you are allowed to sell only those coins which you bought here.

No idea how the authorities will track that, but you've got the point :biggrin:

Edited by fdsa
  • Like 1

Thanks for the replies Jenkins and fdsa.  

Sounds like I need to set up a cryptocurrency app such as Blockchain, Cobo, or Robinhood using my USA bank.  Then I could buy Doge, Bitcoin, or whatever and transfer those coins into my wife's Bitkub account where she could then transfer them out into her Thai bank account.  Seems like the only fees incurred would be the small buy/sell trade charges from each of the two apps.  If I'm able to buy low and she sells high, we might even turn a profit ???? .  

10 hours ago, siamike said:

Thanks for the replies Jenkins and fdsa.  

Sounds like I need to set up a cryptocurrency app such as Blockchain, Cobo, or Robinhood using my USA bank.  Then I could buy Doge, Bitcoin, or whatever and transfer those coins into my wife's Bitkub account where she could then transfer them out into her Thai bank account.  Seems like the only fees incurred would be the small buy/sell trade charges from each of the two apps.  If I'm able to buy low and she sells high, we might even turn a profit ???? .  

For christ's sake, don't buy doge, and if you are going to buy BTC wait for 44.5k if it holds, then its going to 50k...

ETH may be your best bet, or LTC (kinda stable).

• Haha 1

Just now, Jenkins9039 said:

For christ's sake, don't buy doge, and if you are going to buy BTC wait for 44.5k if it holds, then its going to 50k...

ETH may be your best bet, or LTC (kinda stable).

Oh, and 

- swissborg

- plutus

- Wirex

- Monese

- N26 

- Tandem

- Bitwala

- Bitazza

- Starling

- Bunq

- Mistertango

- Swirlcard

- Azimo

- Nexo 

- Bitsafe

Are either digital banking applications, or co-mingled digital banking with crypto tradability, this would (should) give you a Account (with traditional banking ref) and ability to offload from crypto to fiat and then transfer to other accounts.

or spend via card.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...