Bitcoin extends gains above $47,000 in Asia

webfact

13 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

Whats that Tron? 

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwi-ovve7eDuAhVLVH0KHWLWAP0QFjAAegQICRAC&url=https%3A%2F%2Ftron.network%2F&usg=AOvVaw1ThduttfIkXTwgskCXBxEm

https://nomics.com/assets/trx-tron

Tron is also a rather popular crypto. If you look, it´s a small investment today and can go up in the future. However, I do not see Tron having the same future like XRP is expected to have. It can also be seen on the graph if you take the time to study and compare. I just bought a huge load of XRP 2 days ago, and will let them bubble for a minimum of one year.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Dagfinnur Traustason said:

Going to make a short answer on that one. No use to go deeper, when you seem to be totally unaware of how crypto currencies move and react during time. What also can be seen in a very clear line through all of them. However, that is over course for you. ????

Let´s just say that Tron, Binance, Ethereum and Litecoin so on forever.... have one thing in common. They all hit a top in the middle of the period from 2013-2021. based on that, it´s my estimation that XRP is going to have that high in the next coming 3 years. Based om my history with crypto, I have not missed so far, so beleive what you want, boy. ????

The point is you can be right or be wrong and it’s all pure speculation. And your justification is that all those hit a top in an 8 year period?

And that’s why your prediction of a new XRP ATH is as ridiculous as saying BTC cannot triple in value in 3 years. You just don’t know, and you’re making assumptions based on past behaviour, which might be wrong or right, yet claim to know it all.

XRP trading is currently suspended in the USA. The company is under investigation. Most likely trading will resume, but what if it’s not and the company is charged? The price will dissolve immediately.

You’re just gambling, might as well admit it instead of making an ass of yourself and claiming you have superior knowledge.

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Dagfinnur Traustason said:

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwi-ovve7eDuAhVLVH0KHWLWAP0QFjAAegQICRAC&url=https%3A%2F%2Ftron.network%2F&usg=AOvVaw1ThduttfIkXTwgskCXBxEm

https://nomics.com/assets/trx-tron

Tron is also a rather popular crypto. If you look, it´s a small investment today and can go up in the future. However, I do not see Tron having the same future like XRP is expected to have. It can also be seen on the graph if you take the time to study and compare. I just bought a huge load of XRP 2 days ago, and will let them bubble for a minimum of one year.

I had a couple of emails in the last couple days about Tron 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Barnabe said:

The point is you can be right or be wrong and it’s all pure speculation. And your justification is that all those hit a top in an 8 year period?

And that’s why your prediction of a new XRP ATH is as ridiculous as saying BTC cannot triple in value in 3 years. You just don’t know, and you’re making assumptions based on past behaviour, which might be wrong or right, yet claim to know it all.

XRP trading is currently suspended in the USA. The company is under investigation. Most likely trading will resume, but what if it’s not and the company is charged? The price will dissolve immediately.

You’re just gambling, might as well admit it instead of making an ass of yourself and claiming you have superior knowledge.

So, you have a different opinion than me. Then I make an ass of myself and act like I have superior knowldge??? How about you with you agressive stance of different opinion? At least I can keep calm and not hit the roof with aggression and irritation. Take a chill pill, dude. After that you can go study the curves. I base my knowledge and assumptions on 11 years of investing and trading with crypto. That without making one wrong investment. What do you base your aggressive stance on, Sir? ????

8 minutes ago, Dagfinnur Traustason said:

So, you have a different opinion than me. Then I make an ass of myself and act like I have superior knowldge??? How about you with you agressive stance of different opinion? At least I can keep calm and not hit the roof with aggression and irritation. Take a chill pill, dude. After that you can go study the curves. I base my knowledge and assumptions on 11 years of investing and trading with crypto. That without making one wrong investment. What do you base your aggressive stance on, Sir? ????

Would you be so kind to prove an ownership of any cryptocurrency address which has transactions from 2010, e.g. by signing any message with address' public key?

Thank you very much.

1 hour ago, Dagfinnur Traustason said:

Because you’re peddling <deleted> while disguising it as gold, and claim to know more than everyone else. 

All I stated are facts:

- XRP is centrally controlled by a private entity

- currently being investigated by the SEC

- has no use case despite being around for years, it’s for pure speculation 

Any serious investor will look at these facts and realise that it’s a ticking time bomb. Of course that doesn’t mean you cannot make some serious money speculating on it. But same could be said of any bubble or highly speculative asset.

My source of irritation was your claim that XRP will hit their ATH in less than three years (currently 6x its price), while at the same time you claim Bitcoin has no such potential, and won’t even go 3x in three years. 
Obviously ludicrous claims, as you can’t back either.

“Study the curves” please don’t get me started... that’s as reliable as astrology or palm reading.

Edited by Barnabe
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, fdsa said:

Would you be so kind to prove an ownership of any cryptocurrency address which has transactions from 2010, e.g. by signing any message with address' public key?

Thank you very much.

Investing and trading. You need to read better. Investing can be both time, as in mining and money. Never heard of time is money? ????

Not going to provide you with anything. For your knowledge. The first bitcoin transaction was made 12th of January 2009. So, I guess there is transactions since then.

Now go read another book, This seems to be too High Tech for you. ????

28 minutes ago, Barnabe said:

Because you’re peddling <deleted> while disguising it as gold, and claim to know more than everyone else. 

All I stated are facts:

- XRP is centrally controlled by a private entity

- currently being investigated by the SEC

- has no use case despite being around for years, it’s for pure speculation 

Any serious investor will look at these facts and realise that it’s a ticking time bomb. Of course that doesn’t mean you cannot make some serious money speculating on it. But same could be said of any bubble or highly speculative asset.

My source of irritation was your claim that XRP will hit their ATH in less than three years (currently 6x its price), while at the same time you claim Bitcoin has no such potential, and won’t even go 3x in three years. 
Obviously ludicrous claims, as you can’t back either.

“Study the curves” please don’t get me started... that’s as reliable as astrology or palm reading.

Feel free to have your opinion. ???????? Come back when you made your first million on crypto. Then you will still be miles behind.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Dagfinnur Traustason said:

Investing and trading. You need to read better. Investing can be both time, as in mining and money. Never heard of time is money? ????

Not going to provide you with anything. For your knowledge. The first bitcoin transaction was made 12th of January 2009. So, I guess there is transactions since then.

Now go read another book, This seems to be too High Tech for you. ????

It means that you have not owned any cryptocurrency 11 years ago.

Could you show your 11 years old profile on bitcointalk then?

• Confused 1

50 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

For those of you who do not understand the above post here is the information

What's a Bitcoin Address? Public Keys, Private Keys, and Addresses Explained (futureofeverything.io)

this article is not entirelly correct: a public key is an integer number, and an address is a human-readable representation of the public key.

A bitcoin address could look like 1______________________________, or 3_____________________________________ or bc1______________________________________, but these 3 different addresses were generated from the same public key.

Edited by fdsa

20 minutes ago, fdsa said:

It means that you have not owned any cryptocurrency 11 years ago.

Could you show your 11 years old profile on bitcointalk then?

Why would I show you anything? Just because you request that? ???????? Who do you think you are?

What you believe or not believe, is totaly irrelevant to me. Have a great day! Spend some money ????

Edited by Dagfinnur Traustason
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Dagfinnur Traustason said:

Why would I show you anything? Just because you request that? ???????? Who do you think you are?

What you believe or not believe, is totaly irrelevant to me. Have a great day! Spend some money ????

You make ridiculous claims on the Internet and expect people not to call you out and demand proof?

You see I’m actually Elon Musk, I like to read ThaiVisa in my free time. So come talk to me when you have your first billion. And no, I’m not gonna prove it, just believe I’m Elon if you want to believe!

• Haha 2

29 minutes ago, fdsa said:

this article is not entirelly correct: a public key is an integer number, and an address is a human-readable representation of the public key.

A bitcoin address could look like 1______________________________, or 3_____________________________________ or bc1______________________________________, but these 3 different addresses were generated from the same public key.

Just looked at my Coinbase and Coinbase pro accounts, I have over 300 separate keys for all of the wallets I have created over the years.  Never looked at the key listings, always just viewed and worked through my profile when I created transactions by either converting one asset to another or cashing it out, and/or storing it for use later to purchase another crypto.  Interesting to see.  Additionally, I just completed my US Taxes and manually entered my Crypto Currency transactions for the 2020 year, Had over 200 transactions, ugly.  Thankfully I deferred the right amounts to pay the additional taxes they wanted.  I tried to use the .CSV excel spreadsheet the platform gives and it would not work, so data entry was by hand.

Number 1 rule in buying either Stocks or Crypto, do not trust anyone, do your own homework and review the white papers and the prospectus for what your interested in, then review historical records and the biggest item is do not get into the FOMO and leverage what you can not afford to loose.  FOMO for those who do not know the meaning in the Fear Of Missing Out.  

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, GrandPapillon said:

every scammers, Nigerians and hackers on the planet are on that crypto thing, easy market for them ????

Hacking has been done in the past and could possibly be done still just like your own personal identity and your banking ATM card can be easily hacked and your identity stolen via Identity theft, nothing is infallible. However that is not happening as much anymore as with decentralized technology and multiple encryption algorithms it is nearly impossible.  Creating a new coin and taking money for it has caused lots of issues in the past and is like any of the scams like those ponzi schemes that are out there such as the most recent one called Shopping Mall.  Anything is possible..

Here is an article, albeit from 2019, it does give one some insight into blockchain and hacking

Why is Blockchain Secure? | BTC Wires

the biggest risks are the exchange, all unregulated (couldn't get any regulatory approval), which means the owners of the exchange can seize and take all your coins overnight, like it happened a few times in the past, and it will happen again, they just are waiting for a few more suckers with the high price, and then it's banking time with billions of stolen money

I can't believe that central banks and department of treasuries are not shutting down the gateway to convert those currencies into real cash. I suspect there is a bigger "objective" behind all this and their silence. Maybe the ultimate goal is to "attract" all the dirty money in the world and suck it out in one big tech hack ????

Edited by GrandPapillon

45 minutes ago, GrandPapillon said:

the biggest risks are the exchange, all unregulated (couldn't get any regulatory approval), which means the owners of the exchange can seize and take all your coins overnight, like it happened a few times in the past, and it will happen again, they just are waiting for a few more suckers with the high price, and then it's banking time with billions of stolen money

I can't believe that central banks and department of treasuries are not shutting down the gateway to convert those currencies into real cash. I suspect there is a bigger "objective" behind all this and their silence. Maybe the ultimate goal is to "attract" all the dirty money in the world and suck it out in one big tech hack ????

I watched a video the other night about that One Coin they reckon she done one with 15 Billion $, 

Edited by ChipButty

The main issue with XRP at the moment is the current SEC action which prompted it to be delisted from many exchanges just in case.

What will come from this, right now nobody knows, maybe they will get a large fine. Will it still be an illegal security after the fine is paid, that's anyone's guess but the rest of the world won't care what the SEC thinks - most worldwide exchanges won't touch American business anyway.

How will that affect XRP going forward, well I doubt there would be any more issued but I have a feeling they were all issued long ago so does that mean everything's OK and it can resume as normal once a fine has been paid?

If so then there's no reason why it can't go back to a new ATH, as can any of the other cryptos.

Alternately they might all end up in prison which in my opinion is where they belong.

Personally I think Brad Garlinghouse, the CEO of Ripple and his buddies from Ripple (Jed McCaleb - founder of MtGox / co-founder of Ripple and founder of Stellar ) are both a pair of pricks who've been front running and scamming / costing people billions for the last 10 years.

Jed McCaleb the long time Ripple CFO famously founded MtGox and just when he sold it to Mark Karpeles 80,000 Bitcoin 'were hacked' - the coins have been sitting here ever since : 1FeexV6bAHb8ybZjqQMjJrcCrHGW9sb6uF - so the company was insolvent when Mark Karpeles bought it because it had been 'cleared out' hours before the sale, quite the coincidence.

Those coins belong to the MtGox creditors and we would really like them back. If they ever move then lawyers are ready.

This is the kind of people behind Ripple - Brad and Jed - they made it what it is

Edited by ukrules
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Barnabe said:

You make ridiculous claims on the Internet and expect people not to call you out and demand proof?

You see I’m actually Elon Musk, I like to read ThaiVisa in my free time. So come talk to me when you have your first billion. And no, I’m not gonna prove it, just believe I’m Elon if you want to believe!

I chose to not believe that. Same choice you have, instead of talking to much and demanding things you have nothing to do with. To much time on your hands? Covid starting to create boredom?

Edited by Dagfinnur Traustason

3 hours ago, fdsa said:

Then it is safe to assume that your claim of "11 years of trading crypto" is false, you might have learned about crypto last Thursday, read a few articles and began to lecture everyone about things you actually have no clue about.

To sum up: fellow forum members, be very cautious with posts by "Dagfinnur Traustason" as they might lead you into buying the knowlingly losing investments (e.g. advising to invest into some <deleted>coin because they bought that coins in advance and want to sell these coins to you)

Up to you. What I gave was an advise. If you do not like it, so be it. Feel free to advice others what you like. Not my problem. ????

5 hours ago, GrandPapillon said:

The exchanges are not all unregulated, look at coinbase, gemini to name two. very much regulated.

The main thing to take from recent institutional investments into crypto, is that they are all in Bitcoin, not ethereum and certainly not ripple.

The main issue these companies have is where to put their money thats currently on their balance sheet and what returns they can guarantee from it. Everything is diminishing in return with this excessive money printing (creating) that's currently going on by all the governments. Bonds, Interest currently at best 1% return pa.

With cash a company might have  for eg 1m USD, so to work out what this is actually worth you must know the total supply for it in order to distinguish what value you have. Scarcity creates value. Nothing about the current money printing resembles scarcity. However with Bitcoin you have a total supply cap of 21m, no more can ever be created and any increase of demand does not quicken the release of new bitcoins.

It really is a new ground breaking technology.

• Like 1

Mastercard is now on board with crypto technology as well.

Mastercard says it will support 'select cryptocurrencies directly on our network' this year Mastercard said Wednesday that it will begin supporting cryptocurrencies on its network later this year.

https://www.theblockcrypto.com/linked/94560/mastercard-cryptocurrency-support-2021-payments

• Like 1

On 2/9/2021 at 4:16 PM, GrandPapillon said:

no shortage idiots in this world, that's what GME GameStop and Robinhood demonstrated last week ????

On 2/9/2021 at 8:40 PM, Dagfinnur Traustason said:

Nope! It will not reach 100k this year.

I think 100,000's a bit over the top, I'm forecasting somewhere in the 80000's. I wouldn't bet against your forecast though, anything's possible with this coin and I'll be very pleased to take the profit.

• Like 1

On 2/10/2021 at 1:49 AM, ThailandRyan said:

Always some haters out there.

Obviously those who know nothing about cryptos and are too idle to find out. I also think that envy has a lot to do with it. They remind me of those who criticise Pattaya, yet have never been here. As I look at the BTC ticker right now, I can only laugh at these people. Oh by the way, I have my stops in place.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Mastercard is now on board with crypto technology as well.

Mastercard says it will support 'select cryptocurrencies directly on our network' this year Mastercard said Wednesday that it will begin supporting cryptocurrencies on its network later this year.

https://www.theblockcrypto.com/linked/94560/mastercard-cryptocurrency-support-2021-payments

I see Apple to start using Bitcoin 

• Like 2

BItcoin and the other top crypto's will be in use for a long time as adoption of them becomes more and more prevalent.  It is the technology they are built upon and what each one is specifically designed for which is the interest of many corporations, banks and even governments.  Some Governments do want to regulate the hell out of it because they see money to be made, and some want to crush it so they can start their own crypto and utilize it much like China is doing now.

Edited by ThailandRyan