Bitcoin extends gains above $47,000 in Asia

webfact

11 hours ago, GrandPapillon said:

(bitcoin is not very green, a topic so important for millennials, oh wait)

I'm still waiting for Gretha Thunbergmanstein to blame Bitcoin and other PoW cryptos so my PoS <deleted>coins will fly to the moon.

2 hours ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

Then you don’t know much about Warren Buffet. 

You’re confusing gambling wins with investing. 

Being precise with one’s use of words has nothing to do with preferences or false facts. It just shows that you don’t know the difference between investing, trading, speculating, and gambling. You could as well call an elephant a spaghetti because that’s your preference. 

Sorry, You can say what ever you want based on your preferenses for the definition of investments. The fact is that the investment world today sees crypto currency as an investment opportunity. One that they consider very volatile, but still put in the box called investments. Hence they recommend a small percentage of your investment portfolio to be placed in crypto currencies.

Edited by Dagfinnur Traustason

40 minutes ago, Dagfinnur Traustason said:

Sorry, You can say what ever you want based on your preferenses for the definition of investments. The fact is that the investment world today sees crypto currency as an investment opportunity. One that they consider very volatile, but still put in the box called investments.
Hence they recommend a small percentage of your investment portfolio to be placed in crypto currencies.

“the investment world”  ???? 

Your clumsiness with these words underlines that you don’t understand there’s a difference and it’s not all the same just because it involves putting your money somewhere. 

Edited by welovesundaysatspace

5 minutes ago, Dagfinnur Traustason said:

As I said, you are badly informed and not updated.

Update? Words don’t update. 

5 minutes ago, Dagfinnur Traustason said:

Maybe you are in the old guard that trust the paper money. Good Luck! Just read up on things instead of bothering me more.

“read up” people using words incorrectly so I can adopt their rhetorical clumsiness and call that an “update” from “the old guard”? ???? 

7 minutes ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

“read up” people using words incorrectly so I can adopt their rhetorical clumsiness

You see, it was something based on your personal preferenses. You are corrrecting the rest, because you have decided that crypto currencies do not fall inside your world of things called investments. Thank you for finally post the truth! No more discussion needed.

8 minutes ago, Dagfinnur Traustason said:

You see, it was something based on your personal preferenses. You are corrrecting the rest, because you have decided that crypto currencies do not fall inside your world of things called investments. Thank you for finally post the truth! No more discussion needed.

I haven’t decided anything. I am educating you using the correct technical terms. You’re embarrassing yourself by incorrectly using words you don’t understand. That’s a common problem with all the keyboard experts of the generation Facebook, so you’re not alone. 

9 hours ago, JayClay said:

What's your point? It had a dip then eventually had a massive surge?

I imagine most of this "everyone" of which you speak were doing one of two things; frantically selling off their coins in a panic, or sitting tight, riding out the storm.

Those who sat tight obviously will have done extremely well for themselves.

So, again... What was your point?

the point is fools never learn,

when they were warned to get out of Bitcoins, they held the ground and lost 2/3 or more of their holdings

now it's being "pumped" again, and those same fools still don't get it that it will crash again, badly ????

1 hour ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

I haven’t decided anything. I am educating you using the correct technical terms. You’re embarrassing yourself by incorrectly using words you don’t understand. That’s a common problem with all the keyboard experts of the generation Facebook, so you’re not alone. 

Sorry I am not using Facebook. See, you are wrong again.

I am also pretty sure over that it´s safe to say that I have invested more capital and made more gains than you, if you are not in the division of more than 8 zeros.

You see, I simply don´t have time with boring and useless things like Facebook. it´s enough with the brain damage I get on a daliy basis from this forum.

Edited by Dagfinnur Traustason
  • Like 1

I am also pretty sure over that it´s safe to say that I have invested more capital and made more gains than you, if you are not in the division of more than 8 zeros.

So you’re trying to prove now that even rich (?) people sometimes don’t have a clue about certain words?  

You see, I simply don´t have time with boring and useless things like Facebook. it´s enough with the brain damage I get on a daliy basis from this forum.

Maybe that’s why it’s so challenging for you to use the correct terms. 

56 minutes ago, GrandPapillon said:

the sky is the limit with those fools, so yeah, quite possible ????

The sky is the limit for you as well, you just choose to ignore it, but it doesn't matter.

One day in the not too far distant future you will be exposed to Bitcoin if you have investments in almost any exchange traded fund, even if it's indirectly through other investments like a pension for example.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

So you’re trying to prove now that even rich (?) people sometimes don’t have a clue about certain words?  

Maybe that’s why it’s so challenging for you to use the correct terms. 

You call it what you want. The rest of the world call it alternative investments with high volatility.

15 hours ago, GrandPapillon said:

oh we know what will happen, and it's always the same story. It ends in tears and ruin a lot of people. Nothing to celebrate about.

Such a clever man you are. Knows better than some of the biggest financial institutions in the world. Since you are so well informed, it is safe to assume you have taken a huge short position against Bitcoin, eagerly waiting to cash in your millions of "real" money when Bitcoin finally (really, any day now...) comes crashing down?

51k today and eating gold for breakfast.

Gold is 300 dollars higher than it was in 2010 lol doesn't even beat inflation.

Do tell me with what you do with say USD 50k that you have currently sat in a bank......Property, bonds, Bank Interest (which is about to turn negative so you have to pay the bank to look after your money, this already happens in some cases.

If you hold 50k USD of cash you have 50k of an infinite amount so how do you associate the value of that 50k?

If you hold 1kg of gold, whats the total supply in respect to the value that you currently have?

If that supply suddenly increases the spot price of 1kg will go down.

If you have 5 bitcoin, you now own a certain percentage of the total supply of 21 million, so you can see the value and the added scarcity makes it a safe haven, coupled with the technology behind it you have an a new asset class.

20 years ago your mortgage amount was 3.5 x yr salary. so a 40k salary would infect provide a 140k house. What does 140k buy you now?

Our current money system that was only invented in the last 50 years does not work,  an alternative approach is required and bitcoin offers something completely new. (Its not perfect as a money system as it stands but this type of digital scarcity is 100% something that never been on offer until the last 10 years, many have been attempted but bitcoins code succeeded in ways others had failed. Its updated and peer reviewed on a daily basis.

It seems the ones knocking bitcoin are more than happy with the current fiat system?? and happy to invest in gold and silver, which the amounts are unknown and mining activity is tightly related to price discovery?

• Like 1

On 2/9/2021 at 9:52 AM, ThailandRyan said:

You obviously do not understand the world of Crypto Currency.  It is slowly becoming more widely used in all aspects of daily business and finance.  Ethereum, is the backbone of many crypto currencies that are used for smart contracts and in the banking world.  Unfortunately all markets even stocks are susceptible for pump and dump.  Why do you think Martha Stewart went to jail, however Nancy Pelosi who did something similar is still among the un-imprisoned.  

Not worth entertaining the salty, money-in-the-mattress crowd lol. These types either missed the boat or do not understand it. Let them be. ????

1 hour ago, daveAustin said:

Is Binance accessible from Thailand?

Yes, but if you want to use Baht from your Thai based bank account then you will need to purchase something else locally on a Thai exchange and send it on to Binance to trade.

The best way is to maintain foreign bank accounts that are 'crypto friendly' - this won't be so much of a problem in the future - but it is an issue right now.

Some western banks will close your account if you dare to use your own money in a way they don't approve of - HSBC in the UK for example.

Don't risk your primary bank account for anything.....

Edited by ukrules
  • Like 2

On 2/16/2021 at 5:30 AM, mjnaus said:

Such a clever man you are. Knows better than some of the biggest financial institutions in the world. Since you are so well informed, it is safe to assume you have taken a huge short position against Bitcoin, eagerly waiting to cash in your millions of "real" money when Bitcoin finally (really, any day now...) comes crashing down?

LOL, no shortage of hopeful idiots who want to become overnight millionaire in this world ????

On 2/16/2021 at 4:26 AM, ukrules said:

The sky is the limit for you as well, you just choose to ignore it, but it doesn't matter.

One day in the not too far distant future you will be exposed to Bitcoin if you have investments in almost any exchange traded fund, even if it's indirectly through other investments like a pension for example.

bitcoins is buzzword for the big financial institutions, it was the same 7 years ago, when bitcoins started to gain traction, full of wishful thinking and pompous announcements and PR stunts to show off and let everyone know they were "following" things.

Then bitcoin dropped like a stone, and everyone was silent, crying over their losses, no more PR of big institutions pursuing the big bitcoin transformation :)

this run will not be different, it's all hype and fun, like the latest release of the iPhone, until everyone is bored and wait for the next one, like beggars asking for bread ????

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, GrandPapillon said:

Then bitcoin dropped like a stone, and everyone was silent, crying over their losses, no more PR of big institutions pursuing the big bitcoin transformation :)

this run will not be different, it's all hype and fun, like the latest release of the iPhone, until everyone is bored and wait for the next one, like beggars asking for bread

You know, just holding it for 10 years is an option.

I haven't actively traded any Bitcoin since early 2014.

• Like 1

On 2/25/2021 at 4:15 AM, ukrules said:

You know, just holding it for 10 years is an option.

I haven't actively traded any Bitcoin since early 2014.

That's probably way beyond his comprehension. These "experts" can only think binary; it's either everything or nothing. The fact that Bitcoin has been the single best performing asset of the last decade is simply ignored to support their simplistic narratives. 

• Like 1