Exit and Re-entry permit at Suvarnabhumi, and other ?'s

Im getting ready to fly out and was wondering if its still possible/practical to get a single exit/re-entry permit at Suvarnabhumi airport immigration on the way out? 

Ive never done it before - what do I need to bring and what's the cost? Can anyone also inform me of the general procedure? Id rather do it this way than going to local immigration because Im sure the airport is dead. My flight departs at 19:00 hours if that matters. Dunno if they "close" or are shutdown or anything? 

Another question - upon return in a few months, this re-entry permit can be used to return correct? No need to get a new visa or deal with immigration. Just get the COE paperwork and all the other stuff, right? My employer is taking care of most of the logistics and funds but I want to make sure I can use this valid extension and entry permit to return. 

Thanks

The reentry permit is very easily obtained at airport.

The reentry permit only allows you reentry till the date shown in your passport. Meaning you current permission of stay.

Note that you obtain the reentry permit just before passport control.

At Don Muang it's just after pp control.

Helps to have form all filled in and just hand it over to imm officer. Could not be easier. Will take few minutes.

Single permit 1000baht. Multiple 3800

Thailand does not have a exit permit. Only a re-entry permit is needed to keep a permit to stay from a visa entry or a extension of stay issued by immigration valid when entering the country. The re-entry permit will be valid to the day your current permit to stay ends.

A re-entry permit can be applied for at Suvarnabhumi airport. The desk is located after security just before the departure immigration desks in immigration zone 2.

Archived