Sukhumwit Soi 16 Living

Greetings covid survivors.

Well my lease is up soon, and I'm  looking to change condos. As you know right now it's a renter's market - you can get fantastic deals.

Anyhow, I have a few condos on Soi 16 in mind (a ways down the Soi,  you know near to where it takes a sharp bend). 

Any heads up on living there? Specifically

* what's it like in the rainy season? flooding? how bad?

* traffic? sidewalks seem narrow (non existant ins some places) I will be hoofing it up and down the soi

* shortcuts to Ratchadaphisek (e.g.  a shortcut to hop over to the park), I know you can get through at Foodland and there's an office complex not far down from Foodland with a driveway as well - but any sub-sois or paths further down 16 that can get you through?

* One thing I noticed there's a rather long commercial building on Ratchadphisek, abutting the backside of a lot of Soi 16 condos (this is apears to be the prime blocker in any sort of shortcut  from Soi 16). See attached photo. It appears to be a government building of sorts. I see a lof maintenance trucks and such. My fear is it has something to do with waste management, water treatment, who knows. Any warnings here (noise, odious smells, etc.)?

Thanks for any advice! It' s much appreciated.

--dan  

what-is-this.png

soi-16.png

Edited by Dan Talus
improve text formatting