No one left behind: Thailand gives biggest hint yet that expats will be eligible for COVID-19 vaccines

webfact

8 hours ago, webfact said:

including foreigners could even be given the vaccination free of charge.

Is it snowing in Thailand? Did I read free.........???????? This would be the first free thing done for foreigners when hell blows over. 

Let pray; God thanks for sending the devil to the lake of fire before the return of your son our savior, Jesus Christ. Amen

Edited by Truth Will Set You Free
  • Sad 1

So everyone is salivating to be injected with a virtually untested vaccine with unknown side effects, to be saved from a virus with a 99.7% recovery rate? There's a little thing called Karma that governs everyone's life, it basically ensures that we get exactly what we deserve or need, it will have no small bearing on what ones fate will be. In fact traditionally pandemics etc are seen as a Karmic reaction to humanity's collective depravity.

The woke West in particular have adopted the mad idea that every aspect of our lives has to have all danger removed, hence the onslaught of restrictive senseless laws in which we wallow today. Not that our Karma doesn't have wriggle room, but if you are meant to go you will one way or another. Even many phycologists argue that this attempt to insulate us all from life achieves just that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, jackdd said:

He said "residing in Thailand"

Foreigners on non-immigrant visas aren't considered as residents, but as temporary visitors.

So if this turns out to only apply to permanent residents he wasn't lying.

Of course it will only those with PR

Well I was surprised to read about foreigners who reside in Thailand 

Will get the Vaccine free

I think the word reside needs defining  more

Retired or own property , own business ect 

people who work for Thai companies  schools could go on 

Will soon know can live in hope

17 minutes ago, Rancid said:

So everyone is salivating to be injected with a virtually untested vaccine with unknown side effects, to be saved from a virus with a 99.7% recovery rate? There's a little thing called Karma that governs everyone's life, it basically ensures that we get exactly what we deserve or need, it will have no small bearing on what ones fate will be. In fact traditionally pandemics etc are seen as a Karmic reaction to humanity's collective depravity.

The woke West in particular have adopted the mad idea that every aspect of our lives has to have all danger removed, hence the onslaught of restrictive senseless laws in which we wallow today. Not that our Karma doesn't have wriggle room, but if you are meant to go you will one way or another. Even many phycologists argue that this attempt to insulate us all from life achieves just that.

Do Russians, Asians, Africans, Arabs and what not treat the issue of vaccination differently?

9 hours ago, webfact said:

Anutin said that 200,000 doses of the Chinese CoronaVac will arrive in Thailand later this month, followed by a supply of the AstraZeneca vaccine,

Can you get Sputnik V?  Will they issue an online  Vaccination Certificate?

1 hour ago, Jonathan Swift said:

Wrong. As a non O retirement visa holder with a permanent address I am considered a resident. That was a prerequisite for obtaining my certificate of entry in November.  

You are wrong. Having a permanent address was never a must-have, somebody who qualified for a retirement visa, but planned to come to Thailand for the first time in his life, could also get the certificate of entry in November.

Just look at the TM7 (extension) form which you submit every year to understand your status: "Application for extension of temporary stay in the kingdom". From the Thai government's point of view you are in Thailand temporarily, one year at a time, not permanently like a resident.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, joloit said:

Actually, it‘s good news..... it‘s the Chinese serum I‘m worried about. Will we have a choice as to which vaccine we could get?

At this point and with the new agreement Chan Ocha has signed with China it appears the Sinovac vaccine will be here shortly.  On top of that the WHO was unable to find a connection in Wuhan to the Sars-Covid-19 virus.  So China is in the clear, must have been those dirty foreigners who gave it to the world....

• Haha 1

I sure hope so, been paying taxes for past 16 years, did not get a single baht from the government in any shape or form as assistance during covid, not even a tax cut or tax rebate. The least i should be eligible for is a free vaccine if i want to get one

• Like 1

10 hours ago, darksidedog said:

I am quite happy to pay for mine, with the proviso that it doesn't cost me an exorbitant figure. Giving it free to everyone is a smart idea, which leaves me concerned as we don't see smart decisions here all that often. The Anutin backflip should be expected.

Agreed and my thinking applies to a decent Thai government inclusion rate for the government health system.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, zzzzz said:

residing to me means living here, which i have been doing for decades, even thou i renew my extension yearly

If its NOT given to all us NON thai's living here, ( be they farangs, Indians, Chinese, Burmese Khmer's) whats the point?

I'm a resident...eh at least for tax purposes????  

11 hours ago, jackdd said:

Foreigners on non-immigrant visas aren't considered as residents, but as temporary visitors.

Another chance to weed out some more pesky farangs.......  Gap Baan !  

11 hours ago, jackdd said:

I agree in that the term “residents” does have a immigration-based definition... that said, i suspect - my guess only - is that when the term “resident” is used by government and quasi-governmental entities *outside* of the IB, I think they are using a more “common man” definition which i might envision means those here on one or more of the long-stay (ie yearly) visas/extensions.

The more relevant question (to me anyway) is if they will provide a vaccine that I actually want - not some Chinese or AstraZeneca garbage.

I'd prefer to pay for a vaccine of my choice, at a private hospital. Even if it is quite expensive. Hopefully that option will become available before long.

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, tonray said:

I'm hoping the Chinese vaccine is all used up by the time they get around to expats, rather pay for Astra Zeneca vaccine then get a free SinoVac.

Thailand is full of expats who have made terrible life decisions, but there’s zero reason to take a vaccine that is not as effective as other vaccines. 

Pay to get the most effective vaccine, otherwise, it’s just one more bad life decision.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Caldera said:

The more relevant question (to me anyway) is if they will provide a vaccine that I actually want - not some Chinese or AstraZeneca garbage.

I'd prefer to pay for a vaccine of my choice, at a private hospital. Even if it is quite expensive. Hopefully that option will become available before long.

Since private hospitals are allowed to get into the vaccine game, we’ll probably have a choice. I’m not putting the Chinese garbage in my body. I’ll hold out for a more trusted and effective vaccine.

14 hours ago, ThailandRyan said:

Really, Really, Lets say that a few more times.  I hope he is sincere as there is a very large number of expats in the sector requiring vaccinations due to being in the higher priority categories.  Then of course all of the millions of migrant workers that should also be vaccinated as they work in the service industries.

Migrant workers are an important group considering their living and working conditions.

• Like 1

It would be great if the Thai government were to provide free coronavirus vaccinations to all foreigners that are living here legally.  It should include those on PR, retirement visas, education visas, and work permit holders.  Whether this will happen remains to be seen.  If non-Thais were made to pay for the vaccine I would hope that the fee would be nominal.