The bars and clubs might be open, but Pattaya’s famous nightlife looks dead and buried

webfact

1 hour ago, popabear said:

Cashed up, with lots of time to kill, but can't get out of Australia ( COVID BAND FROM LEAVING ) and if I could leave, there is just to many hoops to jump through getting into Thailand. Might try some where else , like the Philippines , were it's a little more realistic in it's rules of entry . This is a disastrous time, for old folks like me, with time running out and your ability to travel getting shorter by the day, If I could get out of Australia and Thailand made it easy to get in for long term visa's , I would be happy to cop the 14 day quarantine for the sake of a long stay visa, but Thai  immigration require health insurance for such a visa ,which because of my age I can't get. .. Regards ,,,,Popa

I will go back to Phils when Durty Duterte is booted out 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Ireland32 said:

I will go back to Phils when Durty Duterte is booted out 

Manila is still more fun than some other spots in the world.yes, even during lockdown..restaurants are now open and dating sites are booming.Unlike Pattaya where most girls moved back to their provinces far away, girls here live in and around Manila and most of them didn't have to go back to far lands.Glad to have been "stuck" here since March 2019, instead of elsewhere..who cares who's running the office..I for one, don't...

Edited by pattayadude
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Antiparovian said:

Wasn't Walking Street mainly for the 2 week Millionaires? Surely very few local expats went there. Dreadful place.

Great place...loads of fun....music, food, girls, drinks, dance...The expats curmudgeon community didn't go there but those of us who enjoy a bit of fun visit the place on the odd occasion...A few weeks ago..November actually the Go Gos were closing at 2am and the dance clubs at 3/4am   and the odd private club..6am....Come the next long holiday..the clubs will be rammed

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Nout said:

Great place...loads of fun....music, food, girls, drinks, dance...The expats curmudgeon community didn't go there but those of us who enjoy a bit of fun visit the place on the odd occasion...A few weeks ago..November actually the Go Gos were closing at 2am and the dance clubs at 3/4am   and the odd private club..6am....Come the next long holiday..the clubs will be rammed

yes, its the 11pm closing that's killing Walking Street currently. 7/11s have just returned to 24 hour opening, I'm sure that the clubs are soon to follow.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, J Town said:

I feel your pain. While I am already in LOS, I dare not leave to visit family in the US for fear of the same treatment when trying to return.

Me to,i would love to get back to the UK but worried i would not be allowed back home here,the only good thing these days is that video calls are free and i can spend time on there .

As we get older its just a matter of time until we cannot travel no matter what , i cant see things changing this year.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Just now, bert bloggs said:

Me to, I would love to get back to the UK but worried I would not be allowed back home here, the only good thing these days is that video calls are free and i can spend time on there .

As we get older its just a matter of time until we cannot travel no matter what , I cant see things changing this year.

Nope, not changing this year. Even if there WERE flights available, my cheap a$$ won't pay the near-triple price, and when you add the way the US is burning with Covid, it just makes no sense to go there.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RichardColeman said:

Careful what you wish for, be about 10 million Chinese wandering aimlessly around soi bukhao now looking for the 'sin city' vibe

The mental image you just painted - I am scarred for life!  ????

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, J Town said:

I've been to the PI many times. Each and every time I always felt I had to keep an eye out for an attack, be it small or large. I always kept my wallet in my front pocket and, the one time I let me guard down, I got ripped off.

There is much more a modicum of civility in LOS. I've been here 15 years and only mildly ripped off twice by foreigners.

Surprise! The whole world is suffering. Nobody's glass is even half full (except for billionaires but that's a whole other thread). The clubs are doing the best they can. We should focus on them and offer support any time we can.

I've never had a problem, and I always used to walk through Pasay Edang barrio between Manila airport and the bus station late at night as I was too tight to pay for a taxi.

Edited by BritManToo
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Ireland32 said:

Foreigners are the biggest Scammers , I avoid , if you see me at market I will never acknowledge a Foreigner, never been scammed by Thai except GF  

Unpleasant. So if someone nodded at you, you would ignore them?

Though sadly I am much the same, in that I prefer to not mingle with other foreigners with whom I am not acquainted here.

I imagine that we don't have much in common. I don't have a Thai wife or girlfriend and I don't go drinking. Though something like a cycling club could be of interest.

I doubt that they are the biggest scammers. How could I know, since I don't communicate with any of them?

Edited by Eindhoven
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, scammed said:

not really, i used to go out every night in ws,

and often with other pattaya residents.

anyway its good to see authorities for once use common sense and fundamentally rebuild the infrastructure

now when its an empty street

It would have been better last May when everything was closed and out of season.

May as well let all the bars open in Bangkok as many are operating anyway.

I find it frustrating when Mr Plod charges 2 bars Bht 10,000  in one area for opening & closes them for a month,  & right next door allow 3 bars to open on payment of Bht 10,000 each per month

Meanwhile the small bars who have been obeying the restrictions are not allowed to even blink an eye.

It is just getting silly

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ChakaKhan said:

man never thought Id see the lights out at a 7-11--that speaks volumes in LOS

No way in Hell Id be the sucker walking around there as a farang target, its bad enough walking down Loy Kroh having the chubby Isaan Grannies cat calling you pre-covid....

Would remind me of those coming into Swampy currently only to watch the sad faces on taxi slags as the ASQ crew sweeps you up and chucks you in a private van(Quarantine Can) ????

You just reminded me Loy Kroh was scary before covid if you walked down to far the ladyboys were scary.

Just looking at the pics of walking St I would not venture down there, it looks scary.

Most of Thailands or probably all of Thailands  bar areas look like this now, there is some good videos on YouTube.

My Thai wife just told me that most bars are shut now in Hua Hin, and those falangs that are left are drinking at home, a stroll in the early evening or daylight might see a few expats in the odd bar, but I would not venture out at night down these ghost alleys now.

• Haha 1

30 minutes ago, natway09 said:

May as well let all the bars open in Bangkok as many are operating anyway.

I find it frustrating when Mr Plod charges 2 bars Bht 10,000  in one area for opening & closes them for a month,  & right next door allow 3 bars to open on payment of Bht 10,000 each per month

Meanwhile the small bars who have been obeying the restrictions are not allowed to even blink an eye.

It is just getting silly

So right, did you know that Mr Plod has bullet proof shoes so he can't shoot himself in the foot.