The bars and clubs might be open, but Pattaya’s famous nightlife looks dead and buried

webfact

But I bet the price for condos for sale or rent doesn't go down! Probably the opposite as they need money & still have debts / overheads to pay 

It's the Thai way - no customers just up the price to compensate 

Some money better than no money but they can't seem to grasp that 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Skallywag said:

Walking street "nightlife" isn't about the "street".  Photos showing no activity outside is a good thing.  Mongers are all inside where the action is, spending money, and enjoying themselves.  That is what it is all about.  Thankfully they do let the obnoxious video bloggers take photos or videos anywhere near the gogo's.  The truth is there are more lady companions per foreigner available than ever ????.  

Maybe the vloggers are kept away because of the legal implications, such as the 1996 act on the suppression of prostitution. Just one article 9 of it:

Any person who procures, seduces or takes away any person for the prostitution of such person, even with her or his consent and irrespective of whether the various acts which constitute an offence are committed within or outside the Kingdom, shall be liable to imprisonment for a term of one to ten years and to a fine of twenty thousand to two hundred thousand Baht.

If the offence under paragraph one is committed against a person over fifteen but not over eighteen years of age, the offender shall be liable to imprisonment for a term of five to fifteen years and to a fine of one hundred thousand to three hundred thousand Baht.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

First time you notice that there are no street lights :smile:

Strange, isn't it. And if you walk around even in Bangkok at night you'll see the same. Nearly all the light comes from shop windows. And I'm talking main streets like Sukhumvit, not just the side roads. Very strange.

38 minutes ago, phil2407 said:

But I bet the price for condos for sale or rent doesn't go down! Probably the opposite as they need money & still have debts / overheads to pay 

It's the Thai way - no customers just up the price to compensate 

Some money better than no money but they can't seem to grasp that 

Bet it does.

Mate of mine just looked at a place up for 3.4M, he offered 2,2 and they've agreed on 2.4.

Bargains are there and more on the way.

This place is 104sqm in a good location as well, decent gaff, comes with all furniture ( nothing special tbh ).

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Taco said:

Who cares about walking street. How’s soi 6 doing?

Much much better options than this now.

Before it was unique coz of the daytime services that were offered, many many better places to spend the afternoons / evenings now and much more descrete if you're playing away from home.

5 hours ago, bert bloggs said:

Me to,i would love to get back to the UK but worried i would not be allowed back home here,the only good thing these days is that video calls are free and i can spend time on there .

As we get older its just a matter of time until we cannot travel no matter what , i cant see things changing this year.

If you meet the criteria you can return here.

7 hours ago, popabear said:

Cashed up, with lots of time to kill, but can't get out of Australia ( COVID BAND FROM LEAVING ) and if I could leave, there is just to many hoops to jump through getting into Thailand. Might try some where else , like the Philippines , were it's a little more realistic in it's rules of entry . This is a disastrous time, for old folks like me, with time running out and your ability to travel getting shorter by the day, If I could get out of Australia and Thailand made it easy to get in for long term visa's , I would be happy to cop the 14 day quarantine for the sake of a long stay visa, but Thai  immigration require health insurance for such a visa ,which because of my age I can't get. .. Regards ,,,,Popa

Why would you travel without insurance 

Don't worry Chinese New Year is this Friday for a 3 day holiday

People will be leaving Bangkok to Pattaya get a drink of alcohol 

With their meals as nothing in Bangkok 

Will be interesting to get the numbers after the weekend of how businesses hotels restaurants bars ect done 

• Like 1

I lived  in Pattaya for 3 years and left just a few months before COVID hit. I'm not onto bargirls but would party with friends on the walking street about once a month.  It's a fun place when you're new or visiting short term but gets old. I do hope it return full scale someday. It's good for the city and the people who rely on it for income. Tourist rarely come solely for polluted beaches and temples. they come for the nightlife and women.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, HashBrownHarry said:

Bet it does.

Mate of mine just looked at a place up for 3.4M, he offered 2,2 and they've agreed on 2.4.

Bargains are there and more on the way.

This place is 104sqm in a good location as well, decent gaff, comes with all furniture ( nothing special tbh ).

That's still fifty eight thousand quid.

9 hours ago, popabear said:

Cashed up, with lots of time to kill, but can't get out of Australia ( COVID BAND FROM LEAVING ) and if I could leave, there is just to many hoops to jump through getting into Thailand. Might try some where else , like the Philippines , were it's a little more realistic in it's rules of entry . This is a disastrous time, for old folks like me, with time running out and your ability to travel getting shorter by the day, If I could get out of Australia and Thailand made it easy to get in for long term visa's , I would be happy to cop the 14 day quarantine for the sake of a long stay visa, but Thai  immigration require health insurance for such a visa ,which because of my age I can't get. .. Regards ,,,,Popa

Health insurance for a tourist visa or visa exempt is not required. You are given 45 days for visa exempt and can extend that for an additional 30 days.   Can extend that for a non-o based on retirement within Thailand (or marriage ) for 1 year.

• Thanks 1