Possible causes for stomach bloating and any recommendations

4MyEgo

2 minutes ago, Mavideol said:

thank, will  try the local miracid as I tried the Omeprazole and didn't work as good as Prev.... do you know about algycon took some for a trial and it works Almost as well as Gaviscon and much less expoensive

When I needed it I found 1 Omeprezole not much use but a double dose did the trick, Dr in the UK said basically it's the same as lansoprazole which worked well which is stronger, so maybe you need a double dose

2 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

When I needed it I found 1 Omeprezole not much use but a double dose did the trick, Dr in the UK said basically it's the same as lansoprazole which worked well which is stronger, so maybe you need a double dose

didn't thought about it, thanks, it's worth a try again as just finished another box of the expensive Prev Acid... I did took the Omeprazole 3 years ago, doctor in Phuket prescribed it to me and if my recollection it's ok it was a low dose of 100 or 150 mg and didn't felt any changes after taking it, same reflux coming at all times, then the doctor switch to Prev Acid and all started to feel better, I am an acid reflux master  LOL,  any time eat a little garlic or drink too much milk it's all back, had to stop milk and switch to chamomile tea for breakfast, again thanks for the advise

2 hours ago, Mavideol said:

thank, will  try the local miracid as I tried the Omeprazole and didn't work as good as Prev.... do you know about algycon took some for a trial and it works Almost as well as Gaviscon and much less expoensive

Miracid is omperazole.

Algycon is pretty similiar in contents and action to Gaviscon Dual Action (but not to plain Gaviscon).

Tends to be less widely available though in my experience. If you can find it and it costs less then certainly use it instead of Gaviscon

• 2 weeks later...

Just to clarify my situation, Dr Parit at Bumrungrad did some blood work, hydrogen breath test, colonoscopy and endoscopy.  He took a sample of my lower intestine during the endoscopy and found that I wasn’t celiac but had areas in my lower intestine that lacked villi. He put me on Ganaton and a gluten free diet and the missing villi will hopefully grow back.   I’m feeling better than I have in 8 years and my stomach and everything related to my stomach are now feeling normal.  Dr. Parit is very clinical in his approach and was able to make a diagnosis that previous Drs at Bum were not able to. 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...