UK had 'one or two' Brexit teething issues on fishing, minister says

snoop1130

after the teething issues we have another metaphor from Gove

“We all know that when an aeroplane takes off, that’s the point when you sometimes get that increased level of turbulence,”

“But then eventually you reach a cruising altitude and the crew tell you to take your seatbelts off, and enjoy a gin and tonic and some peanuts. 

the sunlit uplands are really high up in the air ????

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2021/feb/09/eu-to-seek-more-time-to-ratify-brexit-trade-deal-amid-tensions-with-uk

and the diplomatic representation row is still denied

Both Gove and Frost were forced to deny that the UK was engaged in a tit for tat struggle with the EU over the recognition of diplomatic representatives after a near-year-long row about the UK’s refusal to grant full diplomatic status of the EU mission to the UK

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, paddypower said:

I agree with your 'buy british' I was in Tops yesterday and bought up a British brand biscuit that was priced buy one get one free. Desperate times, etc. ????

Well done, you know it makes sense. 

14 hours ago, robblok said:

Yea its not as if the fishermen themselves know better then the government who is bias not to look foolish.

I do know who i believe, the fishermen not the UK government. 

Hear hear. Brexit has no teeth as these idiots are finding out.

• Haha 2

19 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I read the Guardian all the time. And also what other people would call MSM.

As far as I see the Guardian is mostly accurate.

Obviously it's important to understand the difference between news and opinion articles.

News are about facts. If you see factual mistakes then report them and I am sure the editors will correct them.

Opinion articles are exactly that, opinions. We might agree or maybe not. And that is also reflected in comments. For some articles most commenters agree. For other articles they mostly disagree, and anything in between. Just opinions.

Can we just say that The Guardian is designed to appeal to a certain niche of readers as this chart shows.

Newspapers left right wing-01.png

• Like 1

1 hour ago, vogie said:

Can we just say that The Guardian is designed to appeal to a certain niche of readers as this chart shows.

Newspapers left right wing-01.png

Based on that graph if guardian is too far left, then the Mirror is, and pretty much the Telegraph, The Sun, The daily Express and The Daily mail would also have to be discarded out of hand. 

That would leave reading The Independent and The Times - then trying to find commonality. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, bkkcanuck8 said:

Based on that graph if guardian is too far left, then the Mirror is, and pretty much the Telegraph, The Sun, The daily Express and The Daily mail would also have to be discarded out of hand. 

That would leave reading The Independent and The Times - then trying to find commonality. 

I wouldn't trust any off them with maybe the exception of the Times. I class the Guardian almost in the same league as the Daily Mail. It will be a breath of fresh air when the new News Channel GB News is up and running, who would you trust more to be accurate with the news Owen Jones or Andrew Neil, doesn't really take a lot of thinking about does it.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

The Guardian opinions are often left of center, how much left is a big question.

If we say that the UK is the centre of our planet and if the world was flat, I think that it would be fair to say that the Guardian would be hovering somewhere near the Sydney Opera House ready to fall off the edge.????????

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Maybe you should discuss that with Karl Marx & Friedrich Engels. 

But I understand your point. I am sure lots of people in the UK think they are the center of the planet. ???? 

Maybe you should discuss that with Karl Marx & Friedrich Engels. 

I wish I could but I think that all the Marx brothers sadly are no longer with us, my favourite was Harpo.

But I understand your point. I am sure lots of people in the UK think they are the center of the planet.

Well we are, somebody has to be at the centre if our wourld is flat, if I had written Kuala Lumpa it wouldn't have made any sense or even have had the same impact. Just an observation, why as a Euro do you spell centre the American way?

38 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

That is obviously your personal opinion.

I think the Guardian news reports the truth. Obviously lots of Boris and Brexit fans don't like the truth. But that is not the Guardian's fault.

The Guardian opinions are often left of center, how much left is a big question.

Some people call the left communists. I don't remember ever reading an article pro communists in the Guardian. 

And sometime the Guardian even published opinions from the right side. It's always funny to read those.

I think you are right that in many publications opinion/columnist articles are often very clearly politicised and aimed at a specific target readership. That's not to say this necessarily fully permeates through their whole 'news' coverage, which in broadsheets at least, can often be found to be somewhat objective.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, bannork said:

The circumstances are all of their own making, right from the Leave campaign and its false promises. Is the National Health getting an extra £350 million a week since January 1st?

I love my country but you can't beat Brexit for sheer stupidity.

'I know! Let's leave that massive market we belong to with seamless trade, you know the one on our doorstep where 45% of our exports go.'

' Yeah!  Great idea'.

How stupid can one get?

You love your country, you've only been there once in 40 years. ????????????

• Haha 2

On 2/9/2021 at 11:22 AM, snoop1130 said:

Britain has suffered “one or two teething issues” in exporting fish to the European Union after Brexit, the country’s environment minister said on Tuesday, in comments that are likely to anger fishermen struggling to trade

What do you mean, living in an alternative reality?

3 hours ago, vogie said:

You love your country, you've only been there once in 40 years. ????????????

I've been back to visit 8 or 9 times. The last time was very confusing, there was no cashier in the shop at Paddington station, I only had a £20 note and they expected me to trust a machine to give me change for a sandwich which cost something ludicrous like £2.50.

Whatever happened to the personal touch?