Fewer tourists entered Thailand in the last six months than would normally enter in a single day pre COVID-19

snoop1130

No significant tourism until quarantine requirement dropped meanwhile Thailand needs to expedite its vaccination programme and aim for reopening for International Tourism hopefully sometime next year.  TAT has to realise that other countries vaccination programmes are well advanced so incentives will be needed to attract tourists making it easier to get visas and drop a lot of the red tape at least extend visa waiver permanently to 45/60 days 

1 hour ago, MrMo said:

A lot of those who have entered in the past few months do not qualify as "tourists".   They are farang who have lived in Thailand for a number of years but were trapped outside the country in early 2020.   It is only recently that they were permitted to return to their family here.   They add little to the tourist economy.

Interesting view,before the chinese lungplague I made about 8-10 trips inside Thailand per year  stay 2-4 nights in a 3-5 * hotel,went to shopping,went to eat,etc.Let's keep it low and say average spending per trip 15000bt,restaurant visits 30 per year with average spending of 2500bt,etc.only for trips+restaurant visits we(3) spent about 200.000+bt per year or 7000$.How much do you add into the local economy with your 2 weeks trip to Pattaya or Phuket?

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, BritManToo said:

I predict the same (or less) for the next 6 months.

I'm assuming the bulk of those desperate to get back to their families have already arrived.

Almost certainly less given the now increased difficulties associated with travelling from their home countries- increased infections ,further demise of aircraft operators flying ( Etihad,Emirates stopped flights to from uk) and travel restrictions from those home countries. I found a window around mid December but it would be much more difficult now.