Locals voice protest against gold exploration in Chanthaburi province

webfact

Locals voice protest against gold exploration in Chanthaburi province

55555555.jpg

A network of about 40 civic groups and local organizations in Thailand’s eastern province of Chanthaburi is voicing strong opposition to the granting of approval for gold exploration by a mining company.

A protest letter was handed over to Prime Minister’s Office Minister Anucha Nakasai today (Tuesday) by about 20 representatives of the network, among them the Palang Thongthin Thai MP for Chanthaburi, Jaroek Sri-on, and Yathicha Buapoen, Kao Klai MP for Chanthaburi.

The Richapoom mining company is applying for a permission to explore for gold on two plots of forested land in Pawa and Sam Phi Nong sub-districts of Kaeng Hang Maew district.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/locals-voice-protest-against-gold-exploration-in-chanthaburi-province/

Logo-top-.png
  • Like 1

Curious.

I can't find "Richapoom mining company" in a Google search except for the referenced link. I didn't find it in the SET. The link doesn't provide any details of the company. Same soley for "Richapoom."

The name isn't designated in the article as  a "Limited Company" which suggests the company name is not a registered Thai company; hence, no ownership disclosed publicly. 

• Thanks 2

4 hours ago, Srikcir said:

Curious.

I can't find "Richapoom mining company" in a Google search except for the referenced link. I didn't find it in the SET. The link doesn't provide any details of the company. Same soley for "Richapoom."

The name isn't designated in the article as  a "Limited Company" which suggests the company name is not a registered Thai company; hence, no ownership disclosed publicly. 

Looks like a private individuals in cahoots with local authorities trying to get a 'license' to access resources. This group is right to question the submission and, being local residents, know more about this company's business intentions.

• Like 1