Pattaya is NOT dead: Thai media reports slammed online and now comes better news

webfact

41 minutes ago, HashBrownHarry said:

It's taken 30 years for you realise what Pattaya is....wow.

Good luck.

It didn't take 30 years to understand what Pattaya is. But before it was possible to avoid these seedy places here in Central Pattaya. In the meantime very many parts of Central Pattaya developed to red light areas. It seems to be planned like this. If I look at the "newer" areas like LK Metro and Tree Town then these are planned red light district areas. Obviously this is a development that is promoted and this in the city center. What I don't understand is that TAT doesn't make more advertisement for this special infrastructure. Or perhaps this is not necessary anymore... 

5 hours ago, Oldie said:

It didn't take 30 years to understand what Pattaya is. But before it was possible to avoid these seedy places here in Central Pattaya. In the meantime very many parts of Central Pattaya developed to red light areas. It seems to be planned like this. If I look at the "newer" areas like LK Metro and Tree Town then these are planned red light district areas. Obviously this is a development that is promoted and this in the city center. What I don't understand is that TAT doesn't make more advertisement for this special infrastructure. Or perhaps this is not necessary anymore... 

Going back 15 years it was always City Halls objective to move the red light district of Walking Street out to LKM & Soi Bhukhoa areas, refurbish Walking street ( they even spoke of demolishing everything on the sea side of the street ????) and attract all those mega rich, boat owning, family tourists.

Personally I would never live 'in' town, I like the fact that within a 20 to 30 minute drive from the Darkside I can get most of what I need food wise & a choice of different types of activities and entertainment, a win win situation for me.

Perhaps you could look at moving to the Darkside that way you keep your options open, life out here is really nice. 

10 minutes ago, Golden Triangle said:

Personally I would never live 'in' town, I like the fact that within a 20 to 30 minute drive from the Darkside I can get most of what I need food wise & a choice of different types of activities and entertainment, a win win situation for me.

As for me living in central Patts it means that within 20 minutes walking distance virtually all I need is within reach...a stroll along the beachfront mid afternoon with a nice breeze beats being stuck in a car everytime....????

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, petermik said:

As for me living in central Patts it means that within 20 minutes walking distance virtually all I need is within reach...a stroll along the beachfront mid afternoon with a nice breeze beats being stuck in a car everytime....????

And I was replying specifically to Oldie who doesn't particularly like the way his area has developed over the last 30 years, not the fact that you can walk along the beach or get all you need within a 20 minute walk, anyway, I quite like sitting in the car in air con comfort listening to the radio and watching the world go by as my Mrs does the driving, she also does all the shopping, I've not been in Big C or a Mall in years.

Anyhow, it's horses for courses, I rather like the quiet life over here a nice circle of friends, excellent restaurants, bars & facilities around the Lake, in fact it's ideal. ????  ????????????????

On 2/10/2021 at 4:34 PM, warrima said:

Sorry but got to laugh at this bit. Whos this eejit -never heard of him if he's so popular. Before I get the obvious replies - I'm not putting myself out as popular! 

Don't believe a word he says.. He was stood on beach road the other day saying it's a beautiful view.

1 hour ago, Golden Triangle said:

Going back 15 years it was always City Halls objective to move the red light district of Walking Street out to LKM & Soi Bhukhoa areas, refurbish Walking street ( they even spoke of demolishing everything on the sea side of the street ????) and attract all those mega rich, boat owning, family tourists.

Perhaps you could look at moving to the Darkside that way you keep your options open, life out here is really nice. 

I don't want to drive a vehicle. I have both Thai licenses. But if I need a ride my ex girlfriend drives me with her car. I am not so young anymore and I guess in all the many years here I would have killed endless motorbike drivers already. Better for them that I don't drive. And driving a motorbike myself? A friend of mine had an accident here (not his fault) and they had to amputate everything below the knie. In the ICU he did not even realise this when he woke up. He could not move much and didn't see it. I never forget the moment when he realised it. I was sitting next to him. 

• Like 1

On 2/11/2021 at 12:48 PM, Harveyboy said:

hey guys as far as Pattaya doom and gloom  some day busy some say dead ...well im going there tonight for a week or 2 ill let you all know the reality of what's happening in Pats

I guess if you are coming from Issan, it will be busy.  ????

On 2/11/2021 at 12:41 PM, Oldie said:

I have been living here for almost 30 years. Pattaya always had bars but there were not so many like now. In the area where I live there was nothing for very many years. Only during the last years more and more bars opened up here in Central Pattaya - Soi Buakhao, LK Metro, Tree Town and other areas in the city center. And YES I don't like this brothel atmosphere. I plan to move away and leave this place to sex tourists. This is no place for people like me anymore.

Years ago I was thinking it might get better because there was a female tourism minister that wanted to stop this sex business. But it just got MUCH worse and the new tourism minister even wants to extend the opening times of such businesses - if I remember correctly at least until 4 in the morning. This is not my world... I would never have sex with a prostitute or hang around in bars every night. It is time to move - I know. 

@Oldie well it seems like you have only just realised this after living here for 30 years, as i havent been here for that long, but ive been here 18 years and it was always a place for sex tourists ,nothings changed in that degree, but yes there is a lot more bars but in actual fact this will now start to decrease cuz of covid there will be no demand for so many bars. and in actual fact i would say pattaya isnt as bad as it was for in ya face blatant prostitution but obviously its there if you want it.    and i wish you good luck in finding somewhere that suits you better but maybe it isnt pattaya thats changed so much but you that has changed,as we all get older we want different things in life.

• Like 2

On 2/11/2021 at 1:08 PM, jacko45k said:

It can still offer up a good time, but it is what you make of it. 

Had a night out only last night... miss Kink GGB, and some of the beer bars seemed less populated than pre Lockdown 2. I decided to give Walking St a miss as there is a ruddy great hole I could fall into. LKM quite busy, but 11pm closing is too early.

hey guys well i got to Pattaya Thursday.. Friday .. a few people about  Saturday on jomtien beach very busy holiday weekend parking was a premium..last night over LK ..a few people about not as dead as a lot saying  But a lot of the bars and clubs closed and nowhere near the atmosphere as before  but the ones out and about making the best of it no shortage of females. guys well outnumbered..so yep had a good night out with mates ..could be worse...could be in the UK ..keep safe 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Harveyboy said:

hey guys well i got to Pattaya Thursday.. Friday .. a few people about  Saturday on jomtien beach very busy holiday weekend parking was a premium..last night over LK ..a few people about not as dead as a lot saying  But a lot of the bars and clubs closed and nowhere near the atmosphere as before  but the ones out and about making the best of it no shortage of females. guys well outnumbered..so yep had a good night out with mates ..could be worse...could be in the UK ..keep safe 

and thats the long and short of it!

????

• Like 1

On 2/10/2021 at 10:18 PM, AllanB said:

It was only yesterday that you reported that Thailand had recieved fewer tourists in the past 6 months than ONE SINGLE DAY pre covid fake news crip.

So you're saying that covid is not real? Please share your qanon or infowars.com source where you discovered this massive cover-up. Amazing that the governments of 195 countries don't have access to your research. You should really let them know.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, audaciousnomad said:

Does anyone know if regular bus service from Bangkok to Pattaya is running again?

Also, is it still necessary to have an interprovincial travel permit?

Yes it is... frequency has been increased from the 3 a day during lockdown. Interprovincial travel passes not needed between Pattaya and Bangkok. 

• Thanks 1

On 2/10/2021 at 10:24 AM, webfact said:

Many said that Walking Street was lacking in customers but it had been going downhill anyway before the pandemic.

Pattaya isn't dead.It's only in the ER. so please don't report fake news!! Pattaya is lacking customers now and was going downhill even before the virus but it's not dead yet????

On 2/16/2021 at 8:33 AM, pattayadude said:

Pattaya isn't dead.It's only in the ER. so please don't report fake news!! Pattaya is lacking customers now and was going downhill even before the virus but it's not dead yet????

Your quote was about Walking Street, not Pattaya City.  

Walking Street had steadily been losing customers, but gaining in spectators, over the last few years.  

Not sure why people are surprised that Pattaya is still busy. It is like the criminal and money laundry heaven of the world.

Obviously money continues to go around there, criminal money doesn't stop due to a pandemic. The fact that not every business has customers is another topic as well plain logic if you ask me.

Edited by ChaiyaTH

On 2/10/2021 at 10:24 AM, webfact said:

Most of the bars were not just open but doing a thriving trade as a "great many" patrons swilled their drinks glad that they could enjoy an evening out again after the doom and gloom of the Red Zone lockdown last month.

sounds just like Trump glorifying and exaggerating something