Pattaya’s reliance on foreign tourism must end, local officials told

webfact

21 minutes ago, kingofthemountain said:

there is few chances

All depends of your capacity to stay 12 hours a day perched on high heels

with a micro short inserted in your ''back line''  ????

Might give it a go....if you've never tried it......don't knock it.....555

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, redwood1 said:

Boogie streets destruction was only the opening shot in a worldwide sterilization agenda......Point to any city in the world and you will see this happening.....Its walking streets turn now for some sterilization......

not sure if I'd use the term sterilization but more and more countries don't want this action to be the highlights of their cities and I can't really fault them...

https://nypost.com/2021/02/04/amsterdam-red-light-district-moving-away-from-touristy-city-center/

I suggested a while back to move the 'service centers' 50 k out of town to allow growth in a different direction -PTP...

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

5 minutes ago, kingofthemountain said:

It's already happening at the moment

a similar event that comes to my mind is the Titanic sinking

That's EPIC!....love it....Again....more xenophobia conveyed in the title, Thailand does NOT want or NEED us here.

• Like 2

Singapore on the Gulf of Thailand? Think Bangkok might have something to say about that! By the way Condos Hotels Offices easily convert to residential or commercial use but again Bangkok might convert first. At least the high speed train link plus trams/monorail will take so long to complete the future might be better known and Wuflu under control by than. Can't see Thai Tourism taking up the slack ever. They all have the same facilities closer to home. 

I don't see much sense in trying to rebuild Pattaya as a commercial centre with high rise office buildings.  The EEC  was a buzz word coined by Somkid, a disciple of Michael Porter of Harvard Business School, who promotes the concept of "competitive clusters" and there is no evidence I have seen that it has attracted to the already existing Easter Seaboard significantly more foreign direct investment than would have been attracted under existing BoI policies.  The businesses are industrial in nature and build offices on site.  There is little need for offices elsewhere to service them.  They can be adequately serviced for most thins from Bangkok without the need to set up new offices  Sales people can work from home. If a commercial hub were needed to service it, Rayong would be much more suitable. Why bid for overpriced land in Pattaya and contend with all the traffic and hassle there.  Rayong is much closer to most of the factories.   

• Like 1

There has a lot of talk about relying less on tourism. But when you have all the infrastructure for tourism and don't have any of the infrastructure for commerce why would you want to run down the tourism?  It will probably happen by itself though, as Pattaya may have trouble regaining its competitive edge for low end Asian tourism which is all it is set up for.  The demand for the commerce is not there.  So don't try to kill the demand for tourism.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, WineOh said:

These uniforms and badges seem hell bent on running Thailand right into the ground at any cost.

Such is the dislike for anything remotely farang, they will be willing to do whatever it takes to keep everything as Thai as possible.

Even if that means decimating the economy and forcing millions into poverty.

It's YOUR country innit boys, so do what you like.

Some people in this forum never change, do you? Thai bashing all the time and for whatever reason you can find. 

I could very well imagine a post. "Thai government to give free vaccines to expats residents in Thailand"

And there you'd come and post: "Such the dislike for anything remotely farang that they are giving free vaccinations to farang so that farangs can travel and go away from Thailand" 

Come on mate, grow up. It's certainly depressing to see these Thai bashing posts all day....

Edited by ctxa
  • Sad 4

11 hours ago, webfact said:

including the development of beachfront property in both the main Pattaya area and Jomtien. 

Eek! I can already hear the demolition crews at work in Walking Street, at least LK Metro isn't "beachfront".

9 hours ago, morrobay said:

Don't forget the park,  that's got to go too. A parking structure planned. Is the Naklua work going to be before the Pattaya beach walk renovation, again. These people are really thrashing around now

Seriously? Thats sad

21 hours ago, webfact said:

So rather than the 70-80 reliance on foreign tourism that there was pre-pandemic this had to be more like 50-50 in the future.

Chances of any foreign tourism in the near future is almost zero.

Chances of significant foreign tourism after that is probably not that good.

The world has changed, and everyone should move on.

• Like 1