Pattaya to become the next Miami and on a par with Singapore and Dubai, says mayor

webfact

3 hours ago, webfact said:

Pattaya to become the next Miami and on a par with Singapore and Dubai, says mayor

MIAMI.jpg

Miami. File photo for reference only

Pattaya Mayor Sonthaya Khunplume has revealed ambitious plans to transform the resort into a truly world class tourist destination, on a par with the likes of Dubai, Singapore and Miami.

Speaking to Sophon Cable TV on Tuesday, Mr Sonthaya said that the project to develop the resort (dubbed Neo Pattaya) will play an important role in the Eastern Economic Corridor, which aims to spur business, investment and development throughout the eastern seaboard.

When tourism finally resumes, more quality tourists, generating even more income will visit the resort, Mr Sonthaya predicted.

Eventually, Pattaya will become not only a better place for tourists, but will be much improved for people living and working in the city.

The mayor cited Singapore, Dubai and Miami as examples for Pattaya to follow in its bid to become a world class resort, which eventually would include an exciting nightlife, lots of activities for families and a diverse economy.

The mayor added that Old Town Naklua, Koh Larn, Bali Hai Pier, Khao Thap Phraya, Pattaya Beach Walk and Jomtien Beach have all been earmarked for redevelopment, in addition to the upgrades planned for Walking Street.

The news comes as local officials and business leaders, including the mayor himself, were told Pattaya must end its reliance on foreign tourism. 

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2021-02-10

how many times have I told this chap not to expose that gray matter to scorching  sun for too long on a hot day...

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Disparate Dan said:

I agree. In the rest of the world, the same is largely true of the brand "Thailand" - equating with all sorts of undesirable attributes.

I hated Pattaya the first time I had to go there and have never seen any reason to change my view. "World-class"? "On a par with Singapore"? I don't even laugh any more. It always has been [deleted] and always will be.

the excrement orifice of Thailand in every way 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, webfact said:

MIAMI.jpg

Miami. File photo for reference only

Pattaya Mayor Sonthaya Khunplume has revealed ambitious plans to transform the resort into a truly world class tourist destination, on a par with the likes of Dubai, Singapore and Miami.

Speaking to Sophon Cable TV on Tuesday, Mr Sonthaya said that the project to develop the resort (dubbed Neo Pattaya) will play an important role in the Eastern Economic Corridor, which aims to spur business, investment and development throughout the eastern seaboard.

When tourism finally resumes, more quality tourists, generating even more income will visit the resort, Mr Sonthaya predicted.

Eventually, Pattaya will become not only a better place for tourists, but will be much improved for people living and working in the city.

The mayor cited Singapore, Dubai and Miami as examples for Pattaya to follow in its bid to become a world class resort, which eventually would include an exciting nightlife, lots of activities for families and a diverse economy.

The mayor added that Old Town Naklua, Koh Larn, Bali Hai Pier, Khao Thap Phraya, Pattaya Beach Walk and Jomtien Beach have all been earmarked for redevelopment, in addition to the upgrades planned for Walking Street.

The news comes as local officials and business leaders, including the mayor himself, were told Pattaya must end its reliance on foreign tourism. 

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2021-02-10

They can't even fix a patch of sand on the beach!! 

• Like 2

Those places are basically tax paradises and do not require local ownership of 51 percent. Dubai has even free zones with special business laws outside the authority of local laws. Currently it is much easier for Thais to setup businesses in EU or USA than foreigners in Thailand!

• Like 1

Knock the place down and start again build nice building safe pavements and re educate a lot of people how not to rip and scam the tourist, proper transport networks drainage and sewage.

Not in my lifetime will I see his dreams come true, 

How long has it taken Dubai to get to the present day? I first went to work there 40 years ago and Dubai paid good money to get farangs to come and do it for them, cant see that happening in Thailand.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, ChipButty said:

build nice building safe pavements

Both sides of our soi have been repaved over the last 4 months....there are at least 6 places where they have inserted "leg breakers"......and many of the slabs are either missing, loose or cracked.......but it is definitely better than it was.

• Haha 1