Do You Like Long Postings?

Bluecat

Me 2. I personally avoided him for his style, but I do not condone censorship based on that fact. Let him have his say, we're talkin free speech, right?

Was there a specific post that ticked a Mod off?

Come on, we do need the spice, if not people will lose faith in this forum...

/// DFW

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

davethailand Posted: Sun 2004-06-20, 05:37:50  

was it a female moderator?

Answer, no, I'm the only female mod here & never requested it & have no rights to do so. Yohan had his opinion & it was valid but it would have been nice if he sometimes returned the sentiment :o

Edited by Boo

If this is the standard we can expect from you then try a long one with something worth while to post about.

Is it a case of building your posting's? 

You are a super member now so you can tell all your friends, sorry they are on this Forum, so they will already know.

If this post did not exist therefore was not written, would anyone care.

What does this bring to peoples lives?

You nasty little whinger, is this the standard we can expect from your postings when you've got nothing better to do?

The elusive and mysterious Bluecat is a well established and respected member of this forum and is very sensible most of the time.

We all enjoy his posts and like his avatar so leave him alone.

As for Yohan - every forum should have one - he's really funny cause he takes life so seriously and it's brilliant. :o

I have to agree. Yohan is a totally harmless poster, unless I missed something offensive he posted. I've seen total profanity laced rants from Tutsiwarrior and he is still able to post. He is a funny guy, but somtimes I think he gets away with going over the edge pretty often.

Another question for admin,

What about stroll, also banned, what for?

Stroll contributed a particularly tasteless posting in the thread about that poor guy who was beheaded in Saudi, and he drew wide spread negative comment from the members that viewed it. Stroll edited out his own comment, and fled.

What about Candyflip?  Mod or Admin they are all the same.

CandyFlip is not a moderator and has not been one for quite some time. She had a fight with an admin in Chiang Mai before he took his leave.

Who's name shall remain legless :o

What about Candyflip?  Mod or Admin they are all the same.

CandyFlip is not a moderator and has not been one for quite some time. She had a fight with an admin in Chiang Mai before he took his leave.

Who's name shall remain legless :o

I can't bring myself to use its name Bronco. Did you go to Brissie to seek him out and buy him a few dozen VB's?

Coming back to the original posting.

The (very) long postings of Yohan were in the beginning new and interesting and mostly well founded.He also refered to his own website with quite a lot of information.

However, being a frequent visitor of this forum , I started slowly to become annoyed by the massive input concerning certain topics.

It felt like he was pressing his opinion through anybodies throat, no matter their thoughts.

Not enough to ban in my opinion.(and not knowing the real reason)

Hi all,

I am reinstated already, wouldn't have gotten so worked up if I had received a note from admin explaining this before. Thank you for everybody who supported me through this.

Apparently, the issue that people should be informed of why and for how long they are being suspended or banned is being discussed amongst moderators, I wholeheartedly agree, and hope this will be done in future. I also like to make the suggestion again to have a list of posters suspended, so others know about it.

I hope Johann has received an explanation by now, and I wish he will be reinstated as well, as much as I disagree with most of what he keeps saying.

Hi all,

I am reinstated already, wouldn't have gotten so worked up if I had received a note from admin explaining this before. Thank you for everybody who supported me through this.

Apparently, the issue that people should be informed of why and for how long they are being suspended or banned is being discussed amongst moderators, I wholeheartedly agree, and hope this will be done in future. I also like to make the suggestion again to have a list of posters suspended, so others know about it.

I hope Johann has received an explanation by now, and I wish he will be reinstated as well, as much as I disagree with most of what he keeps saying.

I, as one admin, really hope that you learnt a little something from the adverse reactions to your very tasteless posting from the members about the decapitation of the American. I for one. would not want to see ' humor ' ( as you describe it ) in any such form on this forum. E V E R

"I, for one admin, really hope that you learnt a little something from the adverse reaction to your very tasteless posting about the decapitation of the American, from the membership. I for one. would not want to see ' humor ' ( as you describe it ) in any such form on this forum. E V E R"

I do take your point, I will be much more careful about what I post in future.

I shouldn't have posted it, and I guessed already that this was the reason I was suspended, along with the other post I have deleted just now.

But, and this is not an excuse, but I did delete it myself shortly after.

Yohan has informed me in a pm that he will never post in this forum again, whether he does or not i don't know.

He will still post, Dave.

He NEEDS to post.

Kind of an addiction.

Yohan, it is not a critic,... :o:D

Good evening to everybody,

Today I received a short PM from George, telling me, that my posting rights are restored, no further explication was given to me.

I like to say good-bye to you – You will not find me here again to comment about whatever topic. I do not like to attend discussions, while being subject to arbitrary censorship.

I like to ask all native English speakers on this forum, to show more understanding towards posters, whose native language is not English, and whose mentality is not the way how Americans speak out –

Please visit my homepage and sign my guestbook, send me an email, if you have any question or if there is something to tell me. My homepage and email can be found in my Thaivisa-profil (Yohan).

Thank you and have a good time,

Johann

Good evening to everybody,

Today I received a short PM from George, telling me, that my posting rights are restored, no further explication was given to me.

I like to say good-bye to you – You will not find me here again to comment about whatever topic. I do not like to attend discussions, while being subject to arbitrary censorship.

I like to ask all native English speakers on this forum, to show more understanding towards posters, whose native language is not English, and whose mentality is not the way how Americans speak out –

Please visit my homepage and sign my guestbook, send me an email, if you have any question or if there is something to tell me. My homepage and email can be found in my Thaivisa-profil (Yohan).

Thank you and have a good time,

Yohan, what did you expect? you have very unique views on many subjects but they always boiled down to women, fair enough, but anytime anyone criticised your opinions you trawled their personal info and posts and tried to make a fool of them, unacceptable.

Valid point about being non native english speaker and thinker but no excuses for your methods of rebuttal of other members and their opinions.

You say you do not like to "attend discussions, while being subject to arbitrary censorship." without knowing the reasons for your brief hietas I don't think you should be crying over censorship, I think you should have a look at yourself and how you handle yourself on forums, by the sounds of it this has happened to you on other forums in the past, can you see a pattern?

Many of us enjoyed your posts, many of us groaned at your single mindedness but you have to play the game, if you upset people with your opinions and they refute your claims you must learn to accept them and not launch your JohannXPI ver3000 detective droids into each disagreeable person's background, otherwise you turn the TVforum into the Johan responds forum, and that isn't fun for the rest of us.

I'd appreciate it if you didn't leave, but if you do thats ok too.

Cheers.

Since I'm into postings these past few days, I might as well add this topic.

Do you like Yohan's postings or Dr.PP's ones.

Or you just do not care.

The long ones are usually over "informative" and the short ones are usually, well, more funny.

I guess we need both but in my case, I'm not too much into the long ones.

I mean the one page ones,...

I, for one admin, really hope that you learnt a little something from the adverse reaction to your very tasteless posting about the decapitation of the American, from the membership. I for one. would not want to see ' humor ' ( as you describe it ) in any such form on this forum. E V E R

I cannot but agree with the "docs" comments (above) because if there has ever been a post (the original on the beheading) that did not provide any possible or good reason for humour that was it. It was an extremely sad issue all round.

He (Stroll) did edit himself and he should be given some credit fot that.

On the subject of long posts (V) short posts, the long ones irk me sometimes when there are so many quotes tagged together which results in the overall post running to mega numbers of pages.

Some times the "tagging" might be necessary to keep things in perspective.

On the issue of who do you like (Yohans/Dr.PP's/Stroll's or whoever) I personally don't have a preference per se.

Regarding Yohan I have enjoyed reading his posts and IMHO the forum would be less entertaining to visit if he were not around.

I don't think though that posters should piss in the admin/moderators pockets just to avoid being suspended or banned. Furthermore I feel that admins/moderators could be a little more tolerant before weilding the big stick.

I do think though that from time to time there are/have been some gormless <deleted> adding posts to the forum.

That said there are a few (posters) who I doubt that many would really want to be associated with either on the forum or in person.

People who frequently fall back on the comment "get a life" have in my experience not got a life themselves. They are probably just some yobo who only visits when he is sober enough to see the keyboard and then makes virtually no contribution of any value or merit.