Bar owners in Pattaya demand midnight closing time

webfact

12 hours ago, jacko45k said:

And I think you are wrong.... many do make money with the later crowd. Nightclubs as an example.... Perhaps the law is easier for the police as they don't seem to work nights nor early mornings. 

You are misquoting me.

Of course bars make money from the later crowd, but we are talking about 11pm to 12am only - 1 hour.  Not until 2am, 3am, or 5am.

On 2/11/2021 at 5:14 AM, scubascuba3 said:

Get customers to come earlier. Back in the UK when pub's closed at 11pm I always found it strange that people went out at 9pm drunk as much as they could in 2 hours

Pattaya is a late night town. The 11pm curfew is just an invitation to corruption. In hot climates people come out later. We want choice.

On 2/11/2021 at 9:38 AM, mrfill said:

What's all this 'demanding' about?

Why not demand that more people visit their bars before 11. That would solve their problem.

The laws were changed recently. When people set up bars they had a business model based on late closing. There is no reason for this new stupid rule.

• Like 1

On 2/20/2021 at 12:03 AM, Leaver said:

I would agree, if we were talking about 2am or 3am or 5am closing, but it 11pm versus 12 midnight.  Hardly "clubbing" time, is it?  

I concede some bars here may turn a small profit in that 1 hour, but for many, that 1 hour would run at a loss.  

Many expats like to go to the same place if they find one they like. Getting kicked out at 11pm is no way to encourage customer loyalty. There's more to a GOOD business than watching every satang.

There's an old saying- "can't see the woods for the trees".

On 2/22/2021 at 12:34 AM, Leaver said:

You are misquoting me.

Of course bars make money from the later crowd, but we are talking about 11pm to 12am only - 1 hour.  Not until 2am, 3am, or 5am.

Just because you are OK with going home early for a hard night's cocoa drinking and watching tv, it doesn't mean everyone else is.

Like you say yourself, it's only an hour, so why not keep it midnight if customers like it? If the bar doesn't have customers after 11pm they could close up, but they shouldn't be forced to.

5 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

Just because you are OK with going home early for a hard night's cocoa drinking and watching tv, it doesn't mean everyone else is.

Like you say yourself, it's only an hour, so why not keep it midnight if customers like it? If the bar doesn't have customers after 11pm they could close up, but they shouldn't be forced to.

Anyhow, come Monday it is all irrelevant... party on.

• Thanks 1