Forgot my 90 day report

43 minutes ago, Jimeo47 said:

I'm an idiot; I thought my 90 day report was in Feb, but just looked at my passport to find out which date and it was supposed to be on the 17th Jan.

What's gonna happen when I go to immigration?

2000 baht fine and they put a notation in your passport.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Pilotman said:

and if you do it again, they bring out the goolie wire and you don't want that. 

I have post it 's on the wall in front of my computer that show me my next reporting date.  Its in big felt tip letters over 3 of them, right in my eye line.  

Yeah, I forgot to do my 90 day report on time 2X already and now have a post it on the fridge to remind me every day.

Edited by userabcd
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, foreverlomsak said:

Was not referring to police but immigration officers, and I was stopped by 3 armed uniformed officers when walking along the street a few months back, for those that say it won't happen.

Were they Immigration, apart from identifying themselves verbally as such, wearing vests that said so, I actually recognized one from my visits to the office.

Bangkok?

10 hours ago, Jimeo47 said:

I'm an idiot; I thought my 90 day report was in Feb, but just looked at my passport to find out which date and it was supposed to be on the 17th Jan.

Do you have a computer (or access to one)  -  or a smart phone?

10 hours ago, Jimeo47 said:

they are going to spank your bottom. 

I put a one day event in my smartphone calendar on the date reporting is due.

then another event that is three weeks long starting two weeks before the due date and one week after. (that is your window to report) so every day for three weeks my phone reminds me to go. 

i reset it walking out of immigration. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Yep happened to me last year was kicking myself! Immigration really couldn't care less and just an opportunity for them to relieve you of some cash. They quoted me 2k but I ended up paying 1k (with no receipt). Not sure if the 1k is an option anymore as passports now go to the supervisor to get stamped. Either way it really is nothing for you to worry about.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, foreverlomsak said:

Was not referring to police but immigration officers, and I was stopped by 3 armed uniformed officers when walking along the street a few months back, for those that say it won't happen.

Were they Immigration, apart from identifying themselves verbally as such, wearing vests that said so, I actually recognized one from my visits to the office.

I thought Immigration Officer are from the Royal Thai Police ????

11 hours ago, SiamRead said:

I thought Immigration Officer are from the Royal Thai Police ????

So they are but are a distinct sub-unit, separate from the remainder which is why I differentiated.

I agree with UbonJoe that a regular officer wouldn't know a 90 day report if it jumped up and bit him in the A***, but an Immigration officer should, and it was 3 of them who stopped me in the street not regular police.

1 minute ago, ubonjoe said:

Thos immigration officers were probably looking for overstayers or illegals. No sure they would even care about 90 day reporting.

Been thinking on that, I was crossing the street in front of a hotel, which they were coming out of (assume they were doing a hotel TM30 check) when I turned to walk along past the front, they maybe thought I was heading for the hotel and changed direction to avoid them.