What's with the sudden fascination over Chinese New Year?

WineOh

16 minutes ago, RichardColeman said:

Course it might just be a coincidence that its chinese new year ? 

Isn't Chinese New Year a national holiday in Thailand this year, for the first time?

Edited by MartinL
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, MartinL said:

After all, most of the government seems to be of Chinese ancestry and seem very keen on Thailand becoming 'Little China'.

Not for me.

That plane ticket back to the west is looking more appetizing by the day!

Let's see how bad it gets, once I reach my threshold i'm outta here.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

When there is a putsch in Asia, it is the Communists who take power, so after Prawit's declarations that China is our family and the new dictator of Miramar who asks the Thai government for assistance how to make a putsch has a democracy e always remained in power, it seems logical to me that the words communist are applied much more every day to Thailand and China and become the dominant country in Asia, the strong repression of the last years of the dominant Buddhists and which had more power over the populations and although this process which is underway, the celebrations of the Chinese New Year is nothing other than the ongoing process, to remember many festive and religious celebrations with the guise of Covid are also disappeared or canceled.The shopkeepers must follow these new unwritten but well-written rules to survive

Welcome to the new Thailand, any more LOS, 

Have you noticed how many people no longer smile ?

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, WineOh said:

Which the Chinese caused, btw.

Agreed but you still can't take the Chinese out of the Thai Chinese and you are never gonna stop Chinese New Year being celebrated here, no matter how much winging you do.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ICELANDMAN said:

When there is a putsch in Asia, it is the Communists who take power, so after Prawit's declarations that China is our family and the new dictator of Miramar who asks the Thai government for assistance how to make a putsch has a democracy e always remained in power, it seems logical to me that the words communist are applied much more every day to Thailand and China and become the dominant country in Asia, the strong repression of the last years of the dominant Buddhists and which had more power over the populations and although this process which is underway, the celebrations of the Chinese New Year is nothing other than the ongoing process, to remember many festive and religious celebrations with the guise of Covid are also disappeared or canceled.The shopkeepers must follow these new unwritten but well-written rules to survive

Welcome to the new Thailand, any more LOS, 

Have you noticed how many people no longer smile ?

Have a close look and you will see that most of the shop keepers and / or big business owners are Chinese. Yet another conspiracy tragic,

• Like 2

2 hours ago, WineOh said:

Are they being forced to big up china by the powers that be?

You need to understand that Thailand is a multi-ethnic country, same as Malaysia, Singapore, Myanmar and Vietnam. Read this article below.

http://eastasiaorigin.blogspot.com/2017/07/main-ethnicities-in-thailand.html

Edited by EricTh
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1