First phase of plan for two million doses of the Sinovac vaccine unveiled

webfact

First phase of plan for two million doses of the Sinovac vaccine unveiled

C588ACB0-521B-4B1F-B05E-9DAD2113E527.jpg

Thailand’s Ministry of Public Health has unveiled its plan for first phase of inoculations, using two million doses of the Chinese-made Sinovac vaccine, targeting specific types of recipient in 10 provinces in February and May.

Vice Minister of Public Health, Sophon Mekthon, in his capacity as chairman of the COVID-19 Vaccine Management Committee, said Thursday that the first groups to be vaccinated include both public and private healthcare personnel, people who are 60 or older, the morbidly obese and people with congenital diseases.

The two million doses will be distributed as follows:

• Samut Sakhon, 820,000 doses
  • Bangkok, 800,000 doses
  • Nonthaburi, 26,000 doses
  • Pathum Thani, 26,000 doses
  • Samut Prakan, 28,000 doses
  • Rayong, 18,000 doses
  • Chon Buri, 28,000 doses
  • Chanthaburi 16,000 doses
  • Trat, 12,000 doses
  • Tak, 160,000 doses

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/first-phase-of-plan-for-two-million-doses-of-the-sinovac-vaccine-unveiled/

Logo-top-.png
  • Sad 1

A coronavirus vaccine developed by China's Sinovac has been found to be 50.4% effective in Brazilian clinical trials, according to the latest results released by researchers.

It shows the vaccine is significantly less effective than previous data suggested - barely over the 50% needed for regulatory approval.

The Chinese vaccine is one of two that the Brazilian government has lined up.

Brazil has been one of the countries worst affected by Covid-19.

I have a friend that wants to buy some Chinese tires they’re really inexpensive but they only really last that I think about two months and his truck I wonder if the Chinese vaccine it’s kind of like these Chinese tires are other products in Chinese make the copies really cheap but do they work TIT

• Like 1

4 hours ago, 10baht said:

In the States some liberals are talking about putting smokers ahead of others in line to get the vaccine as there lungs may be compromised from smoking. ????  Yes!! let's again reward bad behavior.

Interestingly there are studies that smokers are less affected by COVID, including deaths. Who knows but where there’s smoke there may be fire lol

13 hours ago, Soikhaonoiken said:

Will beleave it when I see it... 

Yes, I am befuddled, how they figured this out, they seem to have dropped the astra zeneca, which is all over the news now as unable to be effective with the vastly spreading new strains. 

Strangely no mention is made of the others, at the moment we are witness to a worldwide mess, but don't worry they will tweak the vaccine, and the memorised politicians will conduct a circus, orchestrated by Billy Gates and the rest. 

What they say now is better to have a dud shot of a unproven vaccine, even though we know its a failure, however we will keep pursuing this and pay the drug companies, because we have to learn to save face, even though we do not give a dam. 

So all you tax payers are in for the greatest show on earth. 

The period of germ warfare is rolling out. 

Sadly and obvious, Donald Duck is more important on death row, than your Granny, loved all your life, sadly to go out, Because Walmert and the boys had to stay open 

7 hours ago, rwill said:

I read in the UK they are starting to study if taking one vaccine and then following it up with a different vaccine will be more effective.

Yes I read that as well. It's not an easy job as there are many combinations of vaccines that may be worthwhile.