Pattaya beer bar owners make plea for later opening - Expats don't come out until late and want to stay drinking

webfact

2 hours ago, webfact said:

long term foreign residents who don't get out until 8 or 9pm so they only have 2 or 3 hours to enjoy a beverage. 

2 hours ago, webfact said:

The owners present called for the state to increase closing time by 2 to three hours. They noted that

They noted that it takes nearer 5 hours for the customer to get drunk enough to stump up a bar fine.

• Thanks 1

They are using foreigner complaints as leverage. If they stay open longer they can make more money and have a better chance at recovering losses. Also girls that work the bar have a chance at more drinks which means more money they have a chance to send home

57 minutes ago, skorp13 said:

They are using foreigner complaints as leverage. If they stay open longer they can make more money and have a better chance at recovering losses. Also girls that work the bar have a chance at more drinks which means more money they have a chance to send home

I agree.. and to a large degree, I think (my opinion only) is that this foreigner complaints “card” is their biggest and best card to play.

That said, I think they’d have a stronger hand if they could (or would) show the trickle down impact that reduced hours creates; ie lower staff tips = reduced spending on X, Y and Z... 

i myself certainly wouldn’t try to trod out the Pattaya is a world-class resort “card” as I think that one is very questionable at best... plus, I think if you’re trying to move feelings /actions, you’re always better off to put it into terms of a person that another individual can relate to or visualize... a world-class resort is, to me, a hard to grasp and questionable visualization at best 

Edited by new2here