Last week in the Consular Team #13

A quick heads up about our weekly update frequency. From now on our activity updates will be shared fortnightly but this doesn't mean we're not around to pick up your enquiries because we are still monitoring Q&A section every day.

Now let's get started with the usual update. During the past two weeks, our team provided 128 notarial services and dealt with 64 urgent cases. The majority of these cases are hospitalisations, deaths, arrest and detentions, and welfare cases.

Whilst travel restrictions and safety measures are strictly enforced, we are still doing our best to support vulnerable British people. For example, our prison visits to check on welfare of the prisoners continue but online. We also help facilitate online visits for their friends and families.

We also continue to provide support to British nationals who become vulnerable in ASQ. Most recently, this included a family who were unable to leave quarantine for a long time. Working with the hospital and local authorities we were able to secure an end to the process.

Our work to support vulnerable British people being deported is also still on-going. This week the IDC team managed to get a very vulnerable detainee deported before his medication ran out. Another former detainee whom we helped sent a note of thanks saying ‘I'm not at all sure I would have emerged alive without your assistance and I'm even more certain I wouldn't have kept my sanity...’. This just made our day!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Thanks 1

This part of the Forum is where Consular Staff provide information in respect of their recent activities.

If you wish to ask the team a specific question, you might be better off asking it in the Q&A part of the Forum, I suspect it wouldn’t be read here.

Though the question I removed from this section has already been asked, and answered.