Thailand still plans for international tourists to return on Oct 1

webfact

If only the TAT, BIB the PM and every other stupid Government official that's opens there month realise that silence is a form of intelligence the better for everyone, they love throwing out dates and figures when everything will happen but in reality clueless, the vaccine is not the magic potion the media and governments peddling it lead you to believe, after getting vaccinated you can still get Covid you can still spread Covid apparently if you do get it will lesson the severity so <deleted> is the point it is not a CURE.

And they will vaccinated 10million a month thats over 300,000 per day HOW.  Dillusional Thailand 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Fex Bluse said:

Trump awoke the world to how much a threat China is.

let me guess, you're an american?

Personally don't know any other nationality that thinks so highly of itself, and its president.

But to give "your president" that credit? no way.

India has been saying it for years, Tibet, Russia etc...

The world knows for years that china is a threat,

But the world also wants to the latest iphone.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, noone223 said:

let me guess, you're an american?

Personally don't know any other nationality that thinks so highly of itself, and its president.

But to give "your president" that credit? no way.

India has been saying it for years, Tibet, Russia etc...

The world knows for years that china is a threat,

But the world also wants to the latest iphone.

China did not invent the I-Phone, that distinction goes to an American company called Apple.  Unfortunately like many other US companies and European companies many of todays items are made by China's slave labor, and creates huge profits for the companies associated with the finished product.  Giving anyone credit for identifying China as a threat is a farce, identifying trade inequities and many cheating issues and then trying to correct them such as trade issues and injunctions does go to the US.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, ThailandRyan said:

China did not invent the I-Phone, that distinction goes to an American company called Apple.  Unfortunately like many other US companies and European companies many of todays items are made by China's slave labor, and creates huge profits for the companies associated with the finished product.  Giving anyone credit for identifying China as a threat is a farce, identifying trade inequities and many cheating issues and then trying to correct them such as trade issues and injunctions does go to the US.

And Thailand 300Baht a day minimum wage is not slave labour?

On 2/12/2021 at 7:00 AM, wensiensheng said:

If the intention is to turn phuket into a Covid bubble, then they better make sure EVERYONE on the island is vaccinated, not just those working in the tourism industry.

And they need to reduce the price of everything ! Wake me up when the rest of Thailand is open ! Phuket ... eh ... no thank you. 

• Like 1

looking at doing the visa exempt 30+15 ATM very confusing they req a plane ticket purchase + quarrantine paid and ins (which i have) before they decide to accept your application, after you must do a COE .

72h test is the easy bit depending how you fly €3-5k at least

On a seperate note are the accepting retirement ext 50+ on the visa exemp at jomtien, anyone try it yet? rang an agent in pats he said about b30k

No intention of returing to ireland for never ending lockdown

Edited by tomyami
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/12/2021 at 12:24 AM, internationalism said:

There were already many dates proposed in 2020 - probably every single month feom september till now, and every month in this year. 
Hence i worry, that some tourists would come, but it would be in tens od thausands in rhe whole year, so insignificant

no quarantine----no tourist.

nobody unless stupid with their money will come to thailand and be jailed for 14 days and pay  at least Bht50k quarantine money and used up 15 days of their overseas travelling and then be subjected to another 14 days on their return home. 

secondly; why any tourist will expose himself to this virus in thailand when the Thai government is dancing with the vaccines counting only on the local made.

and their Thai inoculation is close to zero so far.

On 2/13/2021 at 4:46 PM, DoneTravelling said:

And Thailand 300Baht a day minimum wage is not slave labour?

Many western thinking position is that money is  the only  measure of  living.

Thailand an other places Asia have poor many but before covids was  becoming better.

Now see many living so much  in the street? In the USA  have had many many  before covid.

Have  gone now? Die already? Maybe have nice  job already?

Is  maybe western is  going  down but asian is already down so  can only know  up?

Good song is Rolling Stones "you  do not know what you got  until is  gone".

Never yet have  for so many  so never so much so sorry.

The dream was good. Maybe now is  wake up time?

On 2/12/2021 at 12:14 PM, webfact said:

Thailand still plans for international tourists to return on Oct 1

Prepare for an influx of tourists by OCTOBER 2 2025, NOT BEFORE, WHEELCHAIRS ARE PROVIDED AT THE AIRPORT

REUTERS.jpg

A deserted beach in Phuket. Image: Reuters

October 1 has once again been proposed as the possible date for when foreign tourists will be able to return to Thailand without first needing to spend 14 days confined to a hotel room. 

Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) governor Yuthasak Supasorn on Thursday said plans to allow foreign tourists to visit Phuket from October 1 were still on track, despite a lack clarity regarding the roll out of COVID-19 vaccinations in Thailand, particularly for those working in the tourism and hospitality industries.

The TAT is pushing for tourism workers to be included in the second round of inoculations, after the vaccine has been given to frontline healthcare workers and members of the public deemed most at risk from the virus.

And while the Thai government has announced plans to inoculate 1 million people by May and then 10 million people per month from June, it is not immediately clear where tourism workers stand in the vaccine rollout.

It also remains unclear if the proposal to allow tourists to visit Phuket will still go ahead if all of the Thai population have not been given the vaccine.

First revealed in August 2020, the proposal to open up Phuket to foreign tourists would essentially see the island turned into a huge travel bubble/quarantine zone.

Tourists would still need to quarantine on the island but would not be confined to a hotel room, as is the case currently. Travel to other parts of Thailand would be restricted until tourists have completed 14 days on the island. 

The news comes as business leaders from Phuket’s tourism industry lobbied the government to reverse its decision to ban local administrations from sourcing COVID-19 vaccinations themselves.

Phuket had planned to purchase and distribute government approved vaccines to the locals on the island prior to opening up to foreign tourists on Oct 1 and in turn kickstarting the local economy, which depends  heavily on foreign tourism.

Officials in Pattaya also said they had also considered similar plans.

However, the government said on Tuesday that local administrations and private organisations are not permitted to purchase the vaccine independently. 

Thailand is actually open to foreign tourists currently via the Special Tourist Visa program, Thailand Elite membership and visa exempt entry.

However, any foreigner who enters the country is required to quarantine for 14 days in a hotel, at their own expense. 

Stats seen by Thaivisa earlier this week revealed that despite being open to tourists, very few have actually visited the country amid the ongoing pandemic. 

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2021-02-12

In fact, around the same number of people have visited in the past six months than would normally have visited in a single day, pre COVID-19.

A post with content that was copy and pasted from Bloomberg without a supporting link has been removed:

14) You will not post any copyrighted material except as fair use laws apply (as in the case of news articles). Please only post a link, the headline and the first three sentences.

On 2/12/2021 at 4:36 PM, pookondee said:

Obviously this will garner a whole lot of the usual responses about what Thailand does wrong, so let me add a few differing viewpoints:

At the end of the day, who is going to risk diving into the unknown when a real pandemic is going on?

(unless you REALLY have to)

Would i rather stay in my own country (relatively Covid free) 

OR

go somewhere i might get trapped without flights or exit. 

have to worry about getting trapped without a visa and have to stay long term in expensive accomodation..

Then there is always the unknown with Thailand...

If i do end up with Covid, will i be forced into a private hospital, even if i dont have symptoms?

Any number of ways this could pan out, and they all sound bad.

For the average traveller Its all about confidence and risk.

Do i stay at home, where we are looked after, no visa issues, no exclusions because of racism and nationalism..

AND able to work and even get welfare..

or travel to Thailand and go through countless hoops and expense,

in the end, to be treated not much better than a short term visitor, even if married or on retirement.

Then there is the issue of those of us (Australian) are not even allowed outward travel as tourists)

I dont really get why this endless debate keeps going.

Its all pretty much a no brainer id say.

I am an Aussie down here waiting to get back in, love Thailand and can see both sides  just don't let the high risk country's in the poor Thai s' needs us I to would be living there to but for comments here I cant. Morrison  is saying July to open boarder's here but like Thai Pollies it can change. We have started the jab but are behind we are going to get a vaccine passbook, just got to get out of here and Thailand is my choice. 

On 2/12/2021 at 5:47 PM, pookondee said:

Even the daily Covid news seems to flip flop from good to bad on a daily rate.

What astounds me is how people can be seriously predicting anything from 2 years to 5 before any normal international travel happens.

As you say, even a lot can happen in 7 1/2 months.

Covid could possibly even be halted greatly, though unlikely, but who knows.

More of the same with horrible news from the Australian media,

who seem to delight in spreading news that we may be locked up here till the end of this year also.

and Aussies dont seem to be saying a xxxx thing about it.

Truly dis-heartening????

I am an Aussie down here and we are way be hind what Scott Morrison and health said what numbers would be done and if not all by October 2021 now it looks like next year,You's up there say thai government are mockingk use around with boarder close's, Thailand needs to open  up  for the peoples sake  they do not have ( if you can call it that) a welfare system like western countries. I love the place and I can't wait to get back up  there without going in to quarantine first. B----y pollies get of your a----s and get moving.

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/5/2021 at 12:25 PM, Sharron Merrilees said:

I am an Aussie down here waiting to get back in, love Thailand and can see both sides  just don't let the high risk country's in the poor Thai s' needs us I to would be living there to but for comments here I cant. Morrison  is saying July to open boarder's here but like Thai Pollies it can change. We have started the jab but are behind we are going to get a vaccine passbook, just got to get out of here and Thailand is my choice. 

Good luck. Im in pretty much the same position here in N.S.W.

A government worker mate commented that it is much easier to get out of Australia than in (at the moment), and added that Aus immigration were being less strict in granting the permission to leave..of late

Whether or not that means they will allow 'de-facto' relationship situation as adequate reason, i dont know??

I can prove ive lived in Thailand many years, rented the same condo, could get letters from GF, pics together etc.

I guess it doesnt matter to much tho, 

as both travel conditions/requirements of Thai Immigration at the moment makes me think better to wait see if things are any easier in July...

Even though even though every day in Australia feels like some horrible groundhog day, after spending so long in Thailand ????