Philippines' Duterte tells U.S. 'you have to pay' if it wants to keep troop deal

rooster59

This is an old game dating from the Cold War era when 3rd world countries were courted by both Russia and the US.  Russia didn't have much to offer in the money stakes.  But the US will have to print a lot of dollars to keep the Chinese at bay.  They will indeed be printed and the Philippines can go back to sleep for a while.

America an inch nearer to bankruptcy (or to its close cousin:  loss of confidence in the dollar).

26 minutes ago, Scouse123 said:

I don't like Duterte either, but we will see how he likes it when there are no fishing rights or grounds because according to China, it all belongs to them!

No US forces to uphold the status quo, the Chinese will run riot.

Buy a chair, sit down, wait and see how wrong you are ????

• Confused 3
  • Sad 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Scouse123 said:

So you dispute the Chinese have laid claim to nearly all the seas, citing some map dating back to the 17th century, where Vietnam, Philippines, Malaysia, Brunei, and many others have territorial counter claims over the waters?

https://www.cfr.org/global-conflict-tracker/conflict/territorial-disputes-south-china-sea

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Territorial_disputes_in_the_South_China_Sea

Yes. 

And furthermore I dispute that the US is there to help prevent this ????

• Confused 2
  • Sad 2

2 minutes ago, Scouse123 said:

Ah OK,

And it therefore follows that they never seized Tibet by force, they aren't murdering and raping the Uighurs in China, they aren't threatening Taiwan and what we can see about reinforcing and building and fortifying uninhabited islands to control and force a chokehold in disputed territory is all a ' mirage? ' 

Western propaganda, eh?

Exactly. Western Propaganda. The same as the many things in China they say about the West. 

And don’t think I am a Chinese or a Wumao. I am a white born European. Grew up in Europe, rest of my life in China. Fed up with the propaganda and manipulation from both sides, and the idiots who believe either side.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

6 minutes ago, ctxa said:

Exactly. Western Propaganda. The same as the many things in China they say about the West. 

And don’t think I am a Chinese or a Wumao. I am a white born European. Grew up in Europe, rest of my life in China. Fed up with the propaganda and manipulation from both sides, and the idiots who believe either side.

Propaganda:

information, especially of a biased or misleading nature, used to promote or publicize a particular political cause or point of view

Everything I have stated I can back up with evidence and provide supporting links as to what the Chinese have been doing including satellite images, can you?

Edited by Scouse123
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Scouse123 said:

Propaganda:

information, especially of a biased or misleading nature, used to promote or publicize a particular political cause or point of view

Everything I have stated I can back up with evidence and provide supporting links as to what the Chinese have been doing including satellite images, can you?

Tibet, Xinjiang, Taiwan you won't have any more evidence than that published in western media. If you are gonna show me an article which shows some supposed papers signed by high profile Chinese politicians saying what to do with Xinjiang people. I can fire up Photoshop and give you one such decree signed by Donald Trump stating ThaiVisa is the best ????

The fact that you wholeheartedly believe it, does not mean it is not propaganda and/or fake evidence. 

And the disputes with the waters, I never said they didn't exist. But if you think the Chinese are the demon stealing other's waters, and the Americans altruistically send their troops to protect those waters for the good of the entire world, you've swallowed and assimilated lotta western propaganda ????

And the fact that the Americans are there helps a lot fuel those disputes, wait and see if the Americans go now that Duterte started complaining, and see what happens. I would bet with you nothing more will happen 

Edited by ctxa
  • Like 1
  • Sad 3

1 hour ago, vandeventer said:

If America want's a base in this region put it where your real friends are and that's Darwin Australia. Duterte can't be trusted, one day Pro-China next day Pro- America, give me a break!

but don't forget that China already completely runs the Darwin Ports - via their unrestricted Lease

• Haha 1

Just now, DoneTravelling said:

Dumb Ozzies dont seem to know who's side they are on

it's the State Premiers/Territory Chief Ministers that have been involved in this stupidity.  The (Federal) Prime Minister has already begun the throes of having these 'undone'

• Thanks 1