Moving to Phuket?

Surelynot

11 minutes ago, KarenBravo said:

Actually, beechbum has probably lived here longer than you.

You are the one coming across as the newbie.

If Kamala is mainly a Thai community, where are all these expats that "are in the know?"

Beechbums remarks/questions come across as a tourist or someone who has never left rawai in 20 years. 

You are also not making much sense with your insulting remarks about Thai people and disparaging of west-coast living.

Why do you even want to live in Phuket if you feel so negative about the Thai people and place?

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, zzzzz said:

ahh so its whose been here the longest  LOL

ok, i moved to phuket  in 85,  so what?  does that make me an expert?   NOPE

PS: no road to Karon, BUT there was the old road to Kamala 

Not really. I learned long ago that length of time living here has no correlation to knowledge, but, you do have to spend a certain amount of time here. It also helps to be able to speak Thai.

9 minutes ago, ChasingTheSun said:

Beechbums remarks/questions come across as a tourist or someone who has never left rawai in 20 years. 

You are also not making much sense with your insulting remarks about Thai people and disparaging of west-coast living.

Why do you even want to live in Phuket if you feel so negative about the Thai people and place?

Disparaging Thai people? Disparaging west coast living? You have a very fertile imagination.

Why don't you point out what is not true in my post?

You on the other hand are insulting actual posters.

12 minutes ago, KarenBravo said:

Disparaging Thai people? Disparaging west coast living? You have a very fertile imagination.

Why don't you point out what is not true in my post?

You on the other hand are insulting actual posters.

You wrote it. Its here in the thread for everyone to see.

You said Thai people are not “friendly” and not “polite”. 

Are you suggesting that someone hacked your account and wrote those insulting descriptions about the people of Thailand? 

20 minutes ago, KarenBravo said:

Not really. I learned long ago that length of time living here has no correlation to knowledge, but, you do have to spend a certain amount of time here. It also helps to be able to speak Thai.

well for 9 years i ran the phuket food shopping guide back in the 87'-96 speak thai and knew phuket very well,  
BUT i now get lost whenever i drive thru Rawai from the back way>> so much development an for me it and kata are tourist ghettos 

still now,   only know i dont know  ????

Edited by zzzzz
  • Like 2

the old road was built way before i moved to kamala and i moved over from patong in 96
cant recall when they built the new road but the old road was there ages before as used to drive up the coast form 85 on.....

It Richard??

LOL

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, ChasingTheSun said:

Wow! Great demonstration on how to build a complete house with only three bricks.

Have you ever listened to the touts and tuk-tuk driver's and what they say in Thai?

I have found Thais to be just like everyone else. Some good, some bad.

Let me summarize your argument:

I chose to live in Kamala, so, it must be the best place on the island and anyone that disagrees with me is just plain wrong.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, KarenBravo said:

Wow! Great demonstration on how to build a complete house with only three bricks.

Have you ever listened to the touts and tuk-tuk driver's and what they say in Thai?

I have found Thais to be just like everyone else. Some good, some bad.

Let me summarize your argument:

I chose to live in Kamala, so, it must be the best place on the island and anyone that disagrees with me is just plain wrong.

Ok lets get this straight....

You would like to  change your initial insulting remarks about Thai people from ....Thais are “impolite” and “not friendly”.... to Thais are as “bad” as everyone else?

Is that your final answer?

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, ChasingTheSun said:

Ok lets get this straight....

You would like to  change your initial insulting remarks about Thai people from ....Thais are “impolite” and “not friendly”.... to Thais are as “bad” as everyone else?

Is that your final answer?

I didn't say that. I said that they were like everyone else. Some good and some bad.

Most of the bad, impolite ones that I have come across were not from Phuket, though, many were OK (just like other people).

That is my final answer. Make of it what you will.

You think every Thai wears a halo?

I really have nothing more to add to this thread.

3 minutes ago, KarenBravo said:

I didn't say that. I said that they were like everyone else. Some good and some bad.

Most of the bad, impolite ones that I have come across were not from Phuket, though, many were OK (just like other people).

That is my final answer. Make of it what you will.

You think every Thai wears a halo?

I really have nothing more to add to this thread.

Ok.

Have a good nap KarenBravo.

21 hours ago, ChasingTheSun said:

I've been living here since 96, you need to get out more.

I don't live in Rawai.

You are the epitome of why there's an ignore option.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, beechbum said:

I've been living here since 96, you need to get out more.

I don't live in Rawai.

You are the epitome of why there's an ignore option.

Lol! You have obviously been triggered. 

Your comments on this thread have been ignorant at best, and purposely misleading at worst.

None of us can know your motives, but it would be helpful if you “ignore” all threads concerning Phuket, cause you haven’t helped the OP or anyone else in the community with your disgruntled blather.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1