Question about Re-Registering my 2018 Honda HR-V after 10 months out of the Country

au82tiger

Hello Everyone,

I just returned from the USA after 10 months because of COVID-19.  My Car Registration Expired in August.  So my plan is to find the office to register the car prior to driving it back to Khon Kaen.  My Quarantine is finished next Saturday.  I assume that I will need to wait until Monday to register the vehicle.  I have the vehicle in storage here in Bangkok (probably need a new battery).  My car is located near the Krung Thorn Bridge so I will most likely book a few nights in the Royal River Hotel, which is close by.  Does anyone know the location of the registration office?  Also, that title insurance, I believe it is pronounced: "Por-Ra-Bore" will also be necessary.  I don't remember the fee amounts, but in Khon Kaen both the title insurance & the registration could be done in the same office.  Is it that way in Bangkok?  I have my "Car Book" and "Driver's License" with me.  Any help is appreciated.  Tim

On 2/13/2021 at 4:16 PM, au82tiger said:

Hello Everyone,

I just returned from the USA after 10 months because of COVID-19.  My Car Registration Expired in August.  So my plan is to find the office to register the car prior to driving it back to Khon Kaen.  My Quarantine is finished next Saturday.  I assume that I will need to wait until Monday to register the vehicle.  I have the vehicle in storage here in Bangkok (probably need a new battery).  My car is located near the Krung Thorn Bridge so I will most likely book a few nights in the Royal River Hotel, which is close by.  Does anyone know the location of the registration office?  Also, that title insurance, I believe it is pronounced: "Por-Ra-Bore" will also be necessary.  I don't remember the fee amounts, but in Khon Kaen both the title insurance & the registration could be done in the same office.  Is it that way in Bangkok?  I have my "Car Book" and "Driver's License" with me.  Any help is appreciated.  Tim

Any DLT office will be fine. I think the nearest to your location is Mochit. You can buy the P.R.B insurance there as well, however if your car is insured 1st class insurance you probably have the P.R.B a well, but you must have the document to show. You'll have to pay a penalty for late registration.