USA visitors B2 visa Bangkok, any issues?

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/14/2021 at 9:42 AM, steve2112 said:

has anyone got a USA B2 visa for TGF/wife/spouse recently? we got one for my wife about 12 years ago so expired now and need a new one. anything special going on with the app/embassy visit in covid times?

thx

Had a similar situation a few years ago. Last time my wife went to the US was close to twenty years before her most recent application and she could not find her old passport with the US visa. The interviewer was actually more interested in seeing my passport, but I had not realized that this would be the case so my wife did not have it with her. In the end it did not matter and she was approved quickly, but you might wish to make sure your wife has yours when she goes for the interview. It should be a piece of cake if she has her old passport with the old visa in it however.

On 2/23/2021 at 8:07 PM, Etaoin Shrdlu said:

Last time my wife went to the US ...

Do I have this right?

The B2 is a 10 year visa, and the maximum stay on any trip is 6 months ... ?

Something else I haven't been able to find is confirmation of how long the initial stamp is good for on entry to the US. One friend said he's pretty sure it's 90 days, but can apply for one 90 day extension. Not sure whether it has to be done in person at an Embassy or if it can be handled by mail or online - there's no embassy in Montana. 

We're thinking we'll probably be there in the range of 4 months - mainly doing some work to my place so I can get it rented, and get back here before winter sets in there. 

3 hours ago, MrKFC said:

Do I have this right?

The B2 is a 10 year visa, and the maximum stay on any trip is 6 months ... ?

Something else I haven't been able to find is confirmation of how long the initial stamp is good for on entry to the US. One friend said he's pretty sure it's 90 days, but can apply for one 90 day extension. Not sure whether it has to be done in person at an Embassy or if it can be handled by mail or online - there's no embassy in Montana. 

We're thinking we'll probably be there in the range of 4 months - mainly doing some work to my place so I can get it rented, and get back here before winter sets in there. 

I don't know about the initial entry stamp, but pretty sure you will send the I-593 extension to the USCIS  office in Dallas

Archived