Thai buyers drive Phuket’s luxury home sales boom

webfact

3 hours ago, webfact said:

Expansive tropical island mansions with four, six or more bedrooms have struck a chord with wealthy Thais who have been unable to travel overseas and are fatigued by mounting air pollution issues in the nation’s capital.

Weekend palaces for the elite billionaires, money goes to  money.

While the rest of Phuket suffers.

• Like 1

When something happens, I often hear from real estate agents that in the high end of the private property market its "business as usual".

I presume you might find discounts in the lower end of condo and villa market, some articles recently mentioned a 20 percent drop in prices, and if you are looking for having you own holiday resort there should also be plenty available at the moment, I've seen a number of hotels announced "for sale", but I'm unfortunately not able to justify if prices from 650 million baht to 1.2 billion baht is a bargain price...????

9 hours ago, Thailand said:

Some luxury homes for sale in Chiang Mai, just so happens-------????

I believe it's called 'flight' - everyone is disposing of their over priced assets while they still have the chance.

On many facebook groups I've never seen so many plots of land, houses and condos for sale, all with massive discounts down to about 50 to 100% more than what I consider them to be worth in a non COVID market based on rental yields.

The shock and full fallout from the pandemic hasn't hit yet.

Patience pays