NES Teacher Funny Ad Needed!

Solinvictus

NES Wanted! ????????????

Want a professional environment to grow your career? Enjoy life and teaching in Thailand with the beautiful nature of thing. ????

Requirement:

-        Able to adapt to Thai culture including not being told what’s going on until the last minute. This is a must!

-        Try to make friends with people who dislike you from the start due to being paid more. Yes, we do have non-NES whose lives revolve around being ‘clicky.’

-        Speaking Thai is a plus but staff and school must be notified promptly of your ability to understand and speak Thai. This allows us to watch what we say around you.

-        Be comfortable and experienced within a ‘predatory environment’ that strictly focuses on new teachers.

-        Keep it grassy!

Qualifications:

A PGCEi or PGCE, and/or Masters in Education is a plus but trust me we will still take a look! Females preferred, only!

The kids are eagerly awaiting! Dress neatly and be approachable for staff in case they can't say 'hello.'

Send your photo shots and CV to weneedanothernewteacherAgain.ac.thaischools.com

• Haha 1

Geez, if you feel all of this negativity, wouldn't it be better to just go do something else? 

I know you are trying to be funny and some of it is true... 

I never worked a job but I am sure every job has its ups and downs... that's why they pay you - right? 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

36 minutes ago, Deserted said:

Oh and the photo thing, that's to make sure you are white because if you aren't you won't be offered a job no matter how good you are. 

Nonsense....there are many black teachers in Thailand schools. I've worked with a few. In fact, one was the head teacher supervising others in a high school I interviewed with near Bang Khae, Bangkok back in 2015.

On 2/15/2021 at 12:30 AM, tonray said:

Nonsense....there are many black teachers in Thailand schools. I've worked with a few. In fact, one was the head teacher supervising others in a high school I interviewed with near Bang Khae, Bangkok back in 2015.

There are, and the demographics has changed but only marginally. If you remember they never asked for them before, about 20-25 years ago but now its almost mandatory and functions as part of a screening process. Yes they so hire hire westerners who aren't white but usually try not to. That's how it was although perhaps its opened up more than I realize. Inlingua had a policy of not recruiting people of a certain ethniticity but that's ages ago. 

• 3 weeks later...

Heh, we all need a bit of humor in this profession occasionally. A fair representation of a job posting. Though I say the English should be a bit worse, and they usually don’t want any Thai spoken.

Heh, cliques. Everyone likes to point the finger at the Thais and Filipinos in this regard. But I’ve experienced differently, I’ve found I’ve received more assistance and friendship from these groups particularly. Though as with all people, you won’t find it from just anyone, you’ve got to find who’s the most receptive. Then I knew who could point me to resources, tell me about the particular dos and don’ts of the place, and who would eventually give me their numbers as references. On the other hand, I found the groups of other foreigners to be the most cliquey. They kept to themselves, had their own little secrets and ongoing inside jokes, and went on their own pub crawls without the rest of us newbies.

When I was teaching out in Issan I worked with a lot of wonderful Africans. Great outgoing, positive personalities, noticeably more so than other foreigners. There’s so many of them out there, I had some students who had developed African accents when speaking English. As you know many are quite athletic and have much experience coaching or playing sports. I met another with a Master’s degree and years of business related experience. So I asked them, what are you doing out here? Why not try BKK? They said they have many times. And their exact answer, “They don’t want us”. I have a friend at a private school outside of BKK who can attest to this. In his years there he’s never seen a black face teaching. Thus many stay out in Issan. The BKK hi-sos have a well earned reputation in this regard. Image consciousness. High end Euro kitchen appliances, Euro car marques, Euro faces.

• Thanks 1

On 2/15/2021 at 6:51 AM, Deserted said:

That's true, and in general a lot of foreigners do complain and I've often said myself they should go elsewhere. I understood the post above as being somewhat satirical rather than negative.

Of course it's satirical! But with regards towards foreigners who tend to 'complain,' I find the best thing to do is just steer away from such characters. Just about anywhere there will be complainers or a staff room filled with it. All the while some of the very same people relay this information back to Thai staff..

It's one thing to complain but it's another to objectively say how it is here even amongst foreigners working together.

Edited by Solinvictus