Chiang Mai: "Sex for grades" high school teacher arrested at short time hotel with 15 year old student

webfact

Chiang Mai: "Sex for grades" high school teacher arrested at short time hotel with 15 year old student

5pm.jpg

Picture: Daily News

Region 5 police acting on a tip from a foundation for children and young women went to a "man root" or short time sex hotel in Chang Pheuak district of Chiang Mai on Saturday where they arrested a 39 year old teacher. 

He was with one of his students, a 15 year old girl.

He was charged with abducting a minor between the ages of 15 and 18 for the purposes of sexual assault. 

Suthee P. denied this. 

The foundation had told the police they had received a complaint from a child that a teacher at a well known school in the city was meeting students with failing grades for sex and offering them the chance to improve their scores. 

Victims were warned not to tell their parents about this arrangement. 

Police saw the teacher meet the student at a mall on theb Superhighway in Muang Chiang Mai district then drive his grey Vios to the love hotel.

5pm1.jpg

In an attempt at mitigation the teacher said he had known the student for years and she was his girlfriend. They had to keep the relationship quiet, he claimed. 

He said there was no truth in the sex for better grades allegations. 

Police dismissed this as all utter nonsense and took him away. 

The girl is giving evidence to social services.

Source: Daily News

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2021-02-15

• Sad 2

21 minutes ago, Surelynot said:

Interesting defense......having sex with a minor because she was my girlfriend.......it wasn't sex for grades!

Not just interesting, but a perfectly adequate defense unless it can be proven false.  (Considering she's over 15)

Prosecution will have their work cut out for them, so much so that I doubt anything will come of this.  (Not that we will see any news of the outcome, regardless.)

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 4

Just now, worgeordie said:

OK, OK, enlighten me ...????

regards worgeordie

I have a friend who also points this out to me every time the topic comes up. I'm not gonna bother looking up the details, but it has something to do with the age range. Poetic license among adults agrees the term is fine when used to describe a kiddie diddler.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, worgeordie said:

So he's just a dirty old man, 

Yes. ???? 

28 minutes ago, anchadian said:

Who really cares what the wording is, he did wrong.

Right; now for finding a law he broke and proving it. 

9 minutes ago, polpott said:

He claimed that she had been his girlfriend for years, ie 2 or more years so must have started the relationship when she was 13 or younger, ergo paedophile by any definition.

Right, although I don't have as rosy a view of journalism in this country that this can be relied upon as fact.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, colinneil said:

What a disgusting excuse of a man, victims warned not to tell, he needs locked up for a long time, until he is old and decrepid, so no longer able to abuse any girl.

Thank God that we are both already there.  :cheesy:

2 minutes ago, WinnieTheKhwai said:

Yes. ???? 

Right; now for finding a law he broke and proving it. 

Right, although I don't have as rosy a view of journalism in this country that this can be relied upon as fact.

OK Winnie, if you had a 15 year old daughter and she had a 39 year old "boyfriend"

would you be OK with that,? 

Regards worgeordie

1 hour ago, JeffersLos said:

Pedophilia is used for individuals with a primary or exclusive sexual interest in prepubescent children aged 13 or younger

And if you really want to be fussy about the correct terminology, you would even have to distinguish between a pedophile and a child rapist/molester. Just saying. Not that it would be important here. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Surelynot said:

Interesting defense......having sex with a minor because she was my girlfriend.......it wasn't sex for grades!

legitimate defense, it was only illegal if she was doing it for gain.

Age of consent is 15 in Thailand, France and many other countries.

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, webfact said:

Police saw the teacher meet the student at a mall on theb Superhighway in Muang Chiang Mai district then drive his grey Vios to the love hotel.

5pm1.jpg

In an attempt at mitigation the teacher said he had known the student for years and she was his girlfriend. They had to keep the relationship quiet, he claimed. 

Dammit! No lottery numbers there!

56 minutes ago, worgeordie said:

OK Winnie, if you had a 15 year old daughter and she had a 39 year old "boyfriend"

would you be OK with that,? 

I do have a 15 year old daughter.  I would hope she has proper judgement, in the absence of Thai laws that make this straightforward to prosecute. 

7 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

Dammit! No lottery numbers there!

Only the room number was helpfully mentioned as B3.  

So get tickets ending in 153 and 315.   

(No need to thank me but I'll take 10% of the earnings. ???? )

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai
  • Like 1