Chiang Mai: "Sex for grades" high school teacher arrested at short time hotel with 15 year old student

webfact

7 hours ago, webfact said:

The foundation had told the police they had received a complaint from a child that a teacher at a well known school in the city was meeting students with failing grades for sex and offering them the chance to improve their scores. 

Using his position to offer higher grades so that he could get some gratification... lock the swine away for a long time, take away his teaching licence and make sure he never gets to go near children again.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, WinnieTheKhwai said:

Not just interesting, but a perfectly adequate defense unless it can be proven false.  (Considering she's over 15)

Prosecution will have their work cut out for them, so much so that I doubt anything will come of this.  (Not that we will see any news of the outcome, regardless.)

just one problem withm your reply. She's not over 15, she's 15 and the age of consent in Thailand is 16. So girlfriend or not, statutory rape charges should also be laid against this pedo.

6 hours ago, worgeordie said:

pedophilia - a sexual attraction to children
15 years old is a child in my eyes, you and I have different views.

regards worgeordie

Pedophilia

(Pedophilic Disorder)

By 

George R. Brown 

, MD, East Tennessee State University

Last full review/revision Aug 2019| Content last modified Aug 2019

Pedophilic disorder is characterized by recurring, intense sexually arousing fantasies, urges, or behavior involving children (usually 13 years old or younger).

• Pedophiles may be attracted to young boys, young girls, or both, and they may be attracted only to children or to children and adults.

• Doctors diagnose pedophilia when people feel greatly distressed or become less able to function well because of their attraction to children or when they have acted on their urges.

• Treatment involves long-term psychotherapy and drugs that alter the sex drive and reduce testosterone levels.

Pedophilia is a form of paraphilia. Because it causes harm to others, it is considered a disorder.

Whether sexual interest or involvement between two people is considered pedophilic disorder depends on the age of the people involved. In Western societies, a diagnosis of a pedophilic disorder requires that the person be 16 years old or older and at least 5 years older than the child who is the object of the sexual fantasies or activity. However, sexual involvement of an older adolescent (aged 17 to 18) with a 12- or 13-year-old may not be considered a disorder. The age criteria used to identify when such activity is considered a crime may differ.

Although state laws vary in the United States, the law generally considers a person older than 18 to be committing statutory rape if the victim is 16 or younger. Statutory rape cases often do not meet the definition of pedophilia, highlighting the somewhat arbitrary nature of selecting a specific age cutoff point in a medical or legal definition. In many places (including in some states in the United States), children as young as 12 to 14 can legally marry, further complicating the definition of pedophilia and statutory rape.

Pedophilia is much more common among men than among women.

Pedophiles may be attracted to young boys, young girls, or both. Whether girls or boys are more likely to be the victims of pedophiles is unclear, although girls seem much more likely to be the victims of sexual abuse in general.

Usually, the adult is known to the child and may be a family member, stepparent, or a person with authority (such as a teacher or coach). Some are attracted only to children within their own family (incest). Some pedophiles are attracted only to children, often of a specific age range or developmental stage. Others are attracted to both children and adults.

Looking or general touching seems more common than touching the genitals or having sexual intercourse.

Predatory pedophiles may use force or coercion to engage children sexually and may threaten to harm the child or the child's pets if the child tells anyone. Many of these pedophiles have antisocial personality disorder.

Many pedophiles have or develop substance abuse or dependence and depression. They often come from dysfunctional families, and marital conflict is common. Many have been sexually abused as children.

Diagnosis

• A doctor's evaluation, based on specific criteria

Doctors diagnose pedophilia when

• People have had repeated, intense sexually arousing fantasies, urges, or behaviors involving a child or children (usually aged 13 years or under).

• People feel greatly distressed or become less able to function well (at work, in their family, or in interactions with friends), or they have acted on their urges.

• People are aged 16 years old or older and are 5 or more years older than the child who is the object of the fantasies or behaviors. (An exception is an older adolescent who has an ongoing relationship with a 12- or 13-year-old.)

• They have had the condition for 6 months or more.

Treatment

• Psychotherapy

• Drugs

Pedophilia can be treated with long-term individual or group psychotherapy and drugs that alter the sex drive and reduce testosterone levels.

Results of treatment vary. Outcome is best when participation is voluntary and the person receives training in social skills and treatment of other problems, such as drug abuse or depression. Treatment that is sought only after criminal apprehension and legal action may be less effective.

Simply putting pedophiles in prison or another institution, even for a long time, does not change pedophilic desires or fantasies. However, some imprisoned pedophiles who are committed to long-term, monitored treatment (usually including drugs) can refrain from pedophilic activity and be reintegrated into society.

Drugs

Doctors in the United States usually use the following drug:

• Medroxyprogesterone acetate, which is injected into a muscle

Medroxyprogesterone (a progestin) is similar to the female hormone progesterone.

44 minutes ago, TigerandDog said:

just one problem withm your reply. She's not over 15, she's 15 and the age of consent in Thailand is 16. So girlfriend or not, statutory rape charges should also be laid against this pedo.

The age of consent in Thailand is 15 (unless the parents object to them having sex). Having sex with a 15 year old doesn't make him a pedo, as other posters explained already.

n an attempt at mitigation the teacher said he had known the student for years and she was his girlfriend. They had to keep the relationship quiet, he claimed. 

He said there was no truth in the sex for better grades allegations. 

His girlfriend of many years and she's only 15 years old now?

Lock him up and throw away the key. But let all prisoners know what he did. 

33 minutes ago, jackdd said:

The age of consent in Thailand is 15 (unless the parents object to them having sex). Having sex with a 15 year old doesn't make him a pedo, as other posters explained already.

n an attempt at mitigation the teacher said he had known the student for years and she was his girlfriend. They had to keep the relationship quiet, he claimed. 

It seems that it wasn't the first time. 

16 hours ago, worgeordie said:

OK Winnie, if you had a 15 year old daughter and she had a 39 year old "boyfriend"

would you be OK with that,? 

Regards worgeordie

Reminds me of a conversation I had with a Taxi driver in Manila a year or so ago.  He took delight in telling me that if a man was rich enough, he can marry young women.  He was telling me the story of an 80 year old man who married a (can't remember) 15/16/17 year old.  I turned to him, and asked - but what if that girl was your daughter.  He went very quiet!

Edited by sharksy
  • Like 1

On 2/15/2021 at 12:55 PM, JeffersLos said:

Hebephilia or ephebophilia is more likely, in this case. 

Abuse of power would be good enough for me. If he would be teaching at a University instead he would do the same.

Edited by SomchaiCNX

On 2/15/2021 at 7:32 PM, jackdd said:

ok it has been lowered. The last time I checked it was 16

On 2/15/2021 at 3:56 PM, dunroaming said:

That is the point I was making!  But there are female pedophiles and quite often couples work together for their mutual sexual satisfaction.  

Let's face the truth. No high school male student (15 to 18 years old) will ever complain if he gets to have sex with a female teacher of his. 

It was my dream back in high school, and not only mine, that of most of my classmates ????

That of course, doesn't excuse what the chad in question here did. Coercing kids which may have the legal age to consent (but definitely not the mental age to understand what's going on) to have sex with him for better marks.....