best home switches, powerpoints (outlets) quality and selection

gamb00ler

We will soon be searching in Chiang Mai for quality switches, outlets etc.

We will also like to use some specialty products such as recessed outlets for use behind furniture, one shot timer switches to run bathroom exhaust fan or closet light for a set time.

We would like some recommendation for quality brands and suppliers who carry a wide selection.

Example for use by entertainment system.

RecessedPlug2.jpeg

Panasonic, Schneider and the like are readily available (do check the spelling, there are fakes about).

I've not seen the recessed outlets but if you use the Haco plugs that drop the flex parallel with the wall the furniture can get pretty close.

For run-on timers etc. you're probably going to have to go AliExpress (maybe Lazada).

PANASONIC as well !  they have a couple of product lines, from very function modules to very elegant face plates . . .

https://lssth.panasonic.com/products/energy/switch/

if you plan your wiring from scratch, please put provision for home automatic. as well, wiring for data cables (and consider two cables in a conduit) !

• Like 1

If you really want the “best”, buy what audiophiles use.  Hubbell hospital/medical grade.  They will have a green dot on them.

http://www.totalmed.co.th/15376726/ac-plug-medical-grade

Get them from a medical supply place and not a boutique audio store where they just rebrand them and double the price.

Edited by Airalee

6 hours ago, Airalee said:

Hubbell hospital/medical grade

Judging by the home page, the site you linked specializes in US spec plugs & sockets. The type used in Thai residences are different accepting round terminals. Best stick to the local standard whenever possible.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, canopy said:

Judging by the home page, the site you linked specializes in US spec plugs & sockets. The type used in Thai residences are different accepting round terminals. Best stick to the local standard whenever possible.

Yeah....I didn’t think about that.  My mistake.  I’ll be looking into the Jung that you recommended because the plugs in my new build condo are ****.  

I like the Schneider/Square-D Concept stuff.

The male Hubble hospital grade plugs (discussed above) are perfect for extension cords and whatnot.  Great cord-grip and terminals that will take big or small wire and with nice big screws that will not strip. Virtually indestructible. You can run over them with a forklift and they still work.  

Thanks to all for the recommendations.

I'm actually looking more for receptacles for special functions as in the photo in original post rather than high-end looking switches.  I'm also looking for home automation products.  It seems there are not many local suppliers for my out of the ordinary items.

7 hours ago, gamb00ler said:

Thanks to all for the recommendations.

I'm actually looking more for receptacles for special functions as in the photo in original post rather than high-end looking switches.  I'm also looking for home automation products.  It seems there are not many local suppliers for my out of the ordinary items.

All the non standard items are easily available in HomePro, ThaiWatsudu etc.