Briton pleads guilty to illicit meet-up during Singapore quarantine

snoop1130

9 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

It's a bit like like my pop music analogy no?

Us: Simple Minds, The Jam, Roxy Music, Deacon Blue, The Who, Snow Patrol, Blur, Travis, Queen, Wet Wet Wet, The Beatles, The Average White Band, The Rolling Stones, etc., etc..

You: Abba

Did that make the bad things better? Relevance please?

48 minutes ago, Dagfinnur Traustason said:
58 minutes ago, NanLaew said:

It's a bit like like my pop music analogy no?

Us: Simple Minds, The Jam, Roxy Music, Deacon Blue, The Who, Snow Patrol, Blur, Travis, Queen, Wet Wet Wet, The Beatles, The Average White Band, The Rolling Stones, etc., etc..

You: Abba

Did that make the bad things better? Relevance please?

You're the one gurning about Brits being "over represented", not me.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Dagfinnur Traustason said:

Does that mean they have to stand out in the bad way, why not the good and posiive instead? When do you hear or read about that? One time a year?

You never heard the term " bad news travels faster than good" obviously!

I requested you to provide links to back up your smear campaign against British nationals, still waiting!

31 minutes ago, Scouse123 said:

Can you provide links to back up your statements.

The onus is on you to back up your post, not on me to prove different.

I think you are just making broad based assumptions based on your prejudices.

24 minutes ago, Scouse123 said:

You never heard the term " bad news travels faster than good" obviously!

I requested you to provide links to back up your smear campaign against British nationals, still waiting!

You can request what you want. I am not your butler. Maybe you are used to that people do like you say. Sorry to disappoint you, that´s not me.

If you are not happy with my posting, you can eith contest my stance, or you can leave it be. Up to you, as they say here. Have a good one!

You can also think what you want, and call it assumptions. I base my assumptions on what I hear and read in the news. That´s enough for me. If you can find other info, then you are free to present that. Exactly as I am with my assumptions based on what I read on a daily and weekly basis.

Edited by Dagfinnur Traustason
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, NanLaew said:

You're the one gurning about Brits being "over represented", not me.

And you are the one bringing music taste into that, not me. Relevance zero, confirmed! Thanks!

Anyway, as you bring it up and also took Swedish ABBA as an example. I hope you know they won Eurovision Song Contest, which Sweden done 6 times. Also there Britons loose with only 5 wins. That as it´s not ok to call Irish people for Brits, due to that usually only Scotland, Wales and England is named that. The Irish simply don´t like it. Here is why?
map

See that little country on the left? That’s Ireland. And that long country that’s kind of spooning us on the right? That’s Great Britain.

Despite the fact that we both love tea and Graham Norton, we are not one and the same.

ireland

Edited by Dagfinnur Traustason

So you are now claiming to be Irish as well as Scandi. 

FYI Great Britain is not a country it is an island, and the major part of the United Kingdom. 

It is also the largest Island in the British Isles. Ireland is the second largest. 

You seem unaware of the existence of Northern Ireland which is a part of the United Kingdom. 

4 hours ago, CG1 Blue said:

That's fine then. I see Scandinavians over represented in bad news stories. But please don't ask me to back it up with facts. I am not your butler ????

Hasn't the Dutch guy just arrested at the airport attempting to flee Thailand,  after cheating millions and millions of baht in phone scams and ponzi schemes, got a FINNISH wife, who was fleeing with him? 

You just can't trust those Europeans and Scandinavians!????????

Edited by Scouse123
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, CG1 Blue said:

That's fine then. I see Scandinavians over represented in bad news stories. But please don't ask me to back it up with facts. I am not your butler ????

No problem! If you see that, it´s good for you. Delusions has always been a good method to fight or run away from the truth.

• Sad 1

On 2/16/2021 at 8:35 PM, Dagfinnur Traustason said:

And you are the one bringing music taste into that, not me. Relevance zero, confirmed! Thanks!

Anyway, as you bring it up and also took Swedish ABBA as an example. I hope you know they won Eurovision Song Contest, which Sweden done 6 times. Also there Britons loose with only 5 wins. That as it´s not ok to call Irish people for Brits, due to that usually only Scotland, Wales and England is named that. The Irish simply don´t like it. Here is why?
map

See that little country on the left? That’s Ireland. And that long country that’s kind of spooning us on the right? That’s Great Britain.

Despite the fact that we both love tea and Graham Norton, we are not one and the same.

ireland

Eurovision ~ Absolute Pile Of Crud (Rigged)

On 2/16/2021 at 10:01 AM, wavodavo said:

In Australia the quarantine hotels are open to the public..but I think they put the covid guests on  seperate floors. I doubt that I would book into such a hotel.

Doubt they would advertise that fact on their website or have a prominent notice for walk ins.