Retirement Ext: New rule for 800K/400K proof?

Situation from a friend from Kanchanaburi immigration: Renewal of retirement extension with 800K in bank on December 14, 2020. Received a sticker to proof the 800K in bank again on 14 February, 2021 during his 90d report, instead of 14 March, 2021 as per police order, see Sticker 1 attached. On 11 February, 2021 during 90d report showed proof and received a new sticker requiring to come back 3 months later (on May 11) to show proof of funds again in office, see Sticker 2 attached.

Friend is of course more than just angry that he has to drive again 500km return to the immi office and also, this means that 90d reports for retirees would never again be possible online. Question, specially of course @ubonjoe : Is this really a new requirement or is it just this immi office making things up on-the-go, because they messed the first fund reporting date which should have ben in March? It is not about the proof itself, as he does not touch this account anyway, but the hassle of having to go back and forth without real legal basis

Sticker 1.jpg

Sticker 2.jpg

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, tonray said:

Jesus..it never ends does it ?

What concerns me is that slip looks surprisingly like the standard 90 day slip all offices use now. I wonder if the rest will go that route too.

This is NOT a 90d slip, this is the fund-proof-slip for retirement Visa. the 90d slip does not mention anything about funds, neither the one from online nor the one from immigration. 

But yes, changes in immigration rules, probably on an office by office basis, can surprise you, sometimes on the wrong foot.

Madness. Just another rogue imm office playing games. The OP's friends travel time to his io underlines how difficult it can be.

Fortunately it is a very few offices that require this BS.

Do expats have sort of lobby group that can at very least flag to immigration some concerns.

Guess immigration wouldn't give a toss.

21 minutes ago, Swiss1960 said:

This is NOT a 90d slip, this is the fund-proof-slip for retirement Visa.

yes....what I said it was it looked suprisingly like the official 'standardized' slip that all offices used for 90 day reporting dates. Which implies that they are centrally designed, hoping that all offices don't have them in the queue.

2 minutes ago, tonray said:

yes....what I said it was it looked suprisingly like the official 'standardized' slip that all offices used for 90 day reporting dates. Which implies that they are centrally designed, hoping that all offices don't have them in the queue.

I have seen pics of this slip from various other offices, they are used in line with police order 35/2562 and they are - at least currently - only used for extensions based on retirement. So to answer your question, they seem to be centrally designed. If you are on any other extension / Visa, you will not have seen such a slip. 

4 minutes ago, Swiss1960 said:

I have seen pics of this slip from various other offices, they are used in line with police order 35/2562 and they are - at least currently - only used for extensions based on retirement. So to answer your question, they seem to be centrally designed. If you are on any other extension / Visa, you will not have seen such a slip. 

I'm on a retirement extension but only get the 90 day slip...never this...hopefully my office keeps them in the bin

I have been here 16 years now no problems till last year. I had opened a bank account for transfer but I used 2 names on the account me and my wife. Well that is a big no no here. I went and opened a single name account but it only had 1 transfer and that was it they gave me 7 days to leave, I had already used the wife 60 day for the 2 months earlier. Had to do a border run to Myanmar. I finally got an agent no proof necessary. It was 18,000 for the O and 14,000 for the Retirement Visa. The last year I have been transferring 90,000 baht a month for over a year now. But I am going to go ahead and use the agent this year Visa is expired in May because I am tired of the Immigration Office baloney. Also they have been doing free 90 day reports only pay 100 baht for post. If anyone else is in the same boat as me PM me I will give Agents Phone Number. No more going to the bank for letters no more photo copy"s no waiting all day at CW. Everyone have a good one.

13 minutes ago, tonray said:

I'm on a retirement extension but only get the 90 day slip...never this...hopefully my office keeps them in the bin

It would be nice to know how many offices persist with this stupid requirement. There are ~ 80 imm offices. We are all aware of Jomtien doing this. Any ideas of total number. 

My guess perhaps 6 or 7.

2 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

The motto of this lunacy. If your married but on an extension based on retirement - change.

Naah, not really... 30d waiting period and then go back... ever changing pics requirement.. witness to be organized... immigration home visit to be accommodated...

11 minutes ago, Swiss1960 said:

Naah, not really... 30d waiting period and then go back... ever changing pics requirement.. witness to be organized... immigration home visit to be accommodated...

Seriously, if they want to enforce this requirement, nowhere does the order state you have to appear in person.

If I were in your friends position, I'd suggest to Immigration to reset my 90 day report from the date of issuance of the extension, then mail in my first 90 day report with the addition of an updated Passbook showing the 800K balance, then again 3 months later showing the 400K balance.

36 minutes ago, tonray said:

What concerns me is that slip looks surprisingly like the standard 90 day slip all offices use now. I wonder if the rest will go that route too.

Once my immigration office sees this, you can bet they will be jealous. Plus, as always, you put in new regs and someone will &*&# up, then have to engage an agent; Ka-ching. Just renewed so at least I have a year before even more paperwork and visits to IO are required, and what fun. 

14 minutes ago, Swiss1960 said:

Naah, not really... 30d waiting period and then go back...

That's only 2 visits, your suggesting on retirement your friend now has to make 3 visits.

15 minutes ago, Swiss1960 said:

ever changing pics requirement.. witness to be organized... immigration home visit to be accommodated...

I've supplied the same pictures for the last 7 years.

Witness, home visit, only for the very first application based on marriage.

I doubt Immigration will be keen to make a 500Km round trip to make more than 1 visit.

Only 400K in the bank, no financial checks thereafter, continue 90 day reports online - worth considering.

57 minutes ago, Robbie63 said:

I have been here 16 years now no problems till last year. I had opened a bank account for transfer but I used 2 names on the account me and my wife. Well that is a big no no here. I went and opened a single name account but it only had 1 transfer and that was it they gave me 7 days to leave, I had already used the wife 60 day for the 2 months earlier. Had to do a border run to Myanmar. I finally got an agent no proof necessary. It was 18,000 for the O and 14,000 for the Retirement Visa. The last year I have been transferring 90,000 baht a month for over a year now. But I am going to go ahead and use the agent this year Visa is expired in May because I am tired of the Immigration Office baloney. Also they have been doing free 90 day reports only pay 100 baht for post. If anyone else is in the same boat as me PM me I will give Agents Phone Number. No more going to the bank for letters no more photo copy"s no waiting all day at CW. Everyone have a good one.

The great irony of this is that when 'Big Joke' introduced this requirement during his brief reign, it was with the intent of curbing the (oft times) illegal operations of the agents.

Seems to me, from this and similar rants on this topic that it's having the opposite effect.

Thank goodness the income method is alive and well. I'll stick to that thank you.

23 minutes ago, Moonlover said:

The great irony of this is that when 'Big Joke' introduced this requirement during his brief reign, it was with the intent of curbing the (oft times) illegal operations of the agents.

And to stamp out corruption within the Immigration offices.

Seems to me, from this and similar rants on this topic that it's having the opposite effect.

When 'Big Joke' was reassigned to a different position the IO's took no time taking those 'no tips'  posters down.

Thank goodness the income method is alive and well. I'll stick to that thank you.

Another way to beat the ridiculous requirements to keep showing 'funds' in the bank.

2 hours ago, tonray said:

How can it look like a 90 day reporting slip, when it mentions 800/400k, which someone using monthly deposits would not need.

1 hour ago, Swiss1960 said:

In my case Chiang Khan refused me a marriage extension, despite having KR2 and KR3, and forced me to move to retirement or leave.

1 hour ago, Swiss1960 said:

I'm in Jomtien and use the same photos every year, the same witnesses every year, the girls in the condo office downstairs. 

1 hour ago, foreverlomsak said:

In my case Chiang Khan refused me a marriage extension, despite having KR2 and KR3, and forced me to move to retirement or leave.

How did they do that? Did you make the mistake of showing to much money in the bank or income?

They cannot force you or tell you to leave.

37 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

How did they do that? Did you make the mistake of showing to much money in the bank or income?

They cannot force you or tell you to leave.

As in the previous 2 years elsewhere I had enough for retirement in the bank, it was change to retirement or no extension, as I was within 7 days of expiry I didn't want to chance going elsewhere and hit the same problem, so agreed. Subsequent years the paperwork grew for marriage so I remained with retirement.

36 minutes ago, foreverlomsak said:

As in the previous 2 years elsewhere I had enough for retirement in the bank, it was change to retirement or no extension, as I was within 7 days of expiry I didn't want to chance going elsewhere and hit the same problem, so agreed. Subsequent years the paperwork grew for marriage so I remained with retirement.

The reason he hung his hat on was that I couldn't produce a copy of the Affirmation of Freedom to Marry, therefore we weren't married in the eyes of Immigration.

37 minutes ago, foreverlomsak said:

Subsequent years the paperwork grew for marriage so I remained with retirement.

Grew by what manner.

The only new request my IO has made in the last few years was requesting an external front picture of the whole house, as well as a close up showing the house number.

1 minute ago, foreverlomsak said:

The reason he hung his hat on was that I couldn't produce a copy of the Affirmation of Freedom to Marry, therefore we weren't married in the eyes of Immigration.

The affirmation of freedom to marry is handed to the Amphur when you marry.

All you need is a KR2 as proof your still married since registry.

It sounds like a very inexperienced IO.

4 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

Grew by what manner.

The only new request my IO has made in the last few years was requesting an external front picture of the whole house, as well as a close up showing the house number.

It was back in the days before the need for photo's, maps, witnesses, etc.

7 minutes ago, Tanoshi said:

The affirmation of freedom to marry is handed to the Amphur when you marry.

All you need is a KR2 as proof your still married since registry.

It sounds like a very inexperienced IO.

The Amphur lost it, and admitted the same in writing on KR2 copy, but was still not acceptable.

As far as I was aware he was the boss, as the papers were referred to him for approval after being checked by a junior.

7 minutes ago, foreverlomsak said:

The Amphur lost it, and admitted the same in writing on KR2 copy, but was still not acceptable.

As far as I was aware he was the boss, as the papers were referred to him for approval after being checked by a junior.

as always they are the strong hand and always right .... in reserve of that they have that " Harry Potter magic stick" rule ???? ........." Immg.Officers .'s can always ask for additional documents ".... so this is what he used 

4 hours ago, tonray said:

Have done it twice at Jomtien. No receipt but they do keep all the copies.

Archived