Any tourist areas still worth a holiday?

Lake Palmer

18 hours ago, Rhacsyn said:

Agree. Just back in Phuket from two weeks around Krabi and especially Ao Nang. Stunning beaches and hotels really cheap at moment especially walk in prices (a great deal cheaper than online prices)

Well enjoy Walk in prices Now , because soon they will be all back on Hotel Sites with stern contracts , Air B&B is the way to go at the moment check out those prices , First 

Has anybody ventured to Koh Chang of late?

I really like it down there and interesting to hear that walk in prices are far cheaper as opposed to Agoda etc

Mind you, if it's so dead, there are plenty of resort places in Isaarn offering peace and quiet, OK, there no beaches as such or actual hotel discounts as they tend to usually get local trade up here.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nemises said:

I'm not at home. I'm touring Thailand staying at hotels which are all near empty with little or no atmosphere. 

But thanks anyway for your post, even though you assumed incorrectly.

You are welcome.

Just out of interest, did you expect everywhere to be packed? 

8 hours ago, Scouse123 said:

Has anybody ventured to Koh Chang of late?

I really like it down there and interesting to hear that walk in prices are far cheaper as opposed to Agoda etc

Mind you, if it's so dead, there are plenty of resort places in Isaarn offering peace and quiet, OK, there no beaches as such or actual hotel discounts as they tend to usually get local trade up here.

Koh Chang is Quiet and still beautiful,  but but not dead some bars/ pubs with live music, saw rooms advertised for 250b. Just a heads up on BKK bank, it is closed on island for the time being.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1