Any tourist areas still worth a holiday?

Lake Palmer

i was on jomtien in october, still some people, including quite many foreigners staying in apartments.

I think many hotels in chonburi province closed at the end of january, so they can get the government compensation. So probably apartment.

but i wouldn't stay in one place for too long, after a few days gets boring. If you are mobile, you can get to bang saen, ko si chang, pattaya beach, ko larn, jomtien, rayong beach, samet, ban phae (and further, towards koh chang), so some 3-6 days in each place. 

yes, there would be some packing/unpacking, checking in and out, travel between places, but you won't get bored.

on agoda guesthouses are around 400b. You can ask discounts for longer stays.

massage can be found for 150b/h if to pay for a package 10 or more h 

• Like 1

On 2/18/2021 at 12:24 AM, Scouse123 said:

Has anybody ventured to Koh Chang of late?

I really like it down there and interesting to hear that walk in prices are far cheaper as opposed to Agoda etc

Mind you, if it's so dead, there are plenty of resort places in Isaarn offering peace and quiet, OK, there no beaches as such or actual hotel discounts as they tend to usually get local trade up here.

I love and miss the ocean ,but live far North.I find that lakes are the net best thing.????

• Like 1

On 2/17/2021 at 2:26 AM, KC 71 said:

Whitby ~ Happy Childhood Memories

And yes ~ Cracking fish'n'chips ????

Bitterly cold rainy summers sitting in a car with the wind screen wipers on. And then liberation from the misery...Europe..Spain, France, Portugal cheap as chips before the Euro. It was poverty that kept people in Whitby eating dreadful food it was lack of adventure.  Cleethorpes and Whitby remain dull and grey though hopefully, as in the rest of the UK, food has improved.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Nout said:

Bitterly cold rainy summers sitting in a car with the wind screen wipers on. And then liberation from the misery...Europe..Spain, France, Portugal cheap as chips before the Euro. It was poverty that kept people in Whitby eating dreadful food it was lack of adventure.  Cleethorpes and Whitby remain dull and grey though hopefully, as in the rest of the UK, food has improved.

Jeez ,you're cheerful aren't you

We went there once a yr,and yes it was freezing but the fish and chips were spot on.

Happy Memories

• Like 1

On 2/21/2021 at 8:18 PM, Nout said:

I was in Whitby last time I was in the UK. It was warm weather.

The place is well taken care of, expensive, classy and I had a great time.

Heavy on the wallet for everything.Property is expensive there these days.

On 2/21/2021 at 7:57 PM, KC 71 said:

I love and miss the ocean ,but live far North.I find that lakes are the net best thing.????

Me too! Although some of the nice resorts in Isaarn and laid back life can be good fun, I do enjoy Koh Chang and miss it.

• Like 1