Suphan Buri warns Phuket after COVID-positive expat visits on holiday

snoop1130

By The Phuket News

1613473047_1-org.jpg

The timeline issued today showing that the COVID-positive foreigner had spent a week in Phuket, staying at a location in Patong. Photo: Suphan Buri Provincial Health Office

PHUKET:-- The Suphan Buri Provincial Health Office today (Feb 16) released a timeline of a foreign man, 40, who lives in Suphan Buri and has now tested positive for COVID-19. The timeline shows that the man spent a week in Phuket, based in Patong, earlier this month.

The man travelled to Phuket from Suphan Buri in his own car, the Suphan Buri Provincial Health Office noted in its report.

He arrived in Phuket on Jan 29 and departed the island on Feb 5.

Full Story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/suphan-buri-warns-phuket-after-covid-positive-expat-visits-on-holiday-79040.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Phuket News 2021-02-16

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, snoop1130 said:

By The Phuket News

1613473047_1-org.jpg

The timeline issued today showing that the COVID-positive foreigner had spent a week in Phuket, staying at a location in Patong. Photo: Suphan Buri Provincial Health Office

PHUKET:-- The Suphan Buri Provincial Health Office today (Feb 16) released a timeline of a foreign man, 40, who lives in Suphan Buri and has now tested positive for COVID-19. The timeline shows that the man spent a week in Phuket, based in Patong, earlier this month.

The man travelled to Phuket from Suphan Buri in his own car, the Suphan Buri Provincial Health Office noted in its report.

He arrived in Phuket on Jan 29 and departed the island on Feb 5.

Full Story: https://www.thephuketnews.com/suphan-buri-warns-phuket-after-covid-positive-expat-visits-on-holiday-79040.php

tphuketnews_logo.jpg

-- © Copyright Phuket News 2021-02-16

Need to know the date of test to see if he was possibly infectious when in Phuket, 2-3 days before symptoms or time of test

• Like 1

I thought Thailand had it all under control, at least that's what my son and his wife have said to me in phone conversations.  Looking at some of the news sources it seems that the numbers are dissipating, so how can they be having cases, are they not testing everyone?.  Crazy

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, GeorgeCross said:

test 70 million people?

Sorry, but they have here in the US, where I am, guess I am just a naïve old <deleted> thinking they were doing it there in Thailand as well, since they seem to have very few cases.  Thought that was how they were staying on top of it.  Sorry If I was incorrect.

Edited by ClambeachJ

1 hour ago, snoop1130 said:

The timeline shows that the man spent a week in Phuket, based in Patong, earlier this month.

Hey. don't blame the guy who caught it. Blame the person that gave it to him. (In Phuket???)

This poor guy did not create the virus all by himself.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, ClambeachJ said:

I thought Thailand had it all under control, at least that's what my son and his wife have said to me in phone conversations.  Looking at some of the news sources it seems that the numbers are dissipating, so how can they be having cases, are they not testing everyone?.  Crazy

Testing everyone haha... not sure where you're getting your info from.

They test where there's been a high level of infection... not more.

• Like 1