Visa non-b under extension

Hi all,

I lost my job during due to the Covid19 crisis. Fortunately, I get a new job that will start mid April. My previous visa non-immigrant B and work permit got cancelled in October. I am now in extension of stay.

Is it possible to get a new non-immigrant B and work permit without leaving Thailand?

Hope it's clear and thanks in advance to all

You cannot apply for a new non-b visa while in the country unless you have entered on a tourist visa or visa exempt.

You should be able to apply for an extension of stay (it is not a visa)  while on a covid 19 extension since it is an extension of your original non-b visa entry long ago.

The work permit application may be the most difficult part to do since some offices can have their own rules.

4 minutes ago, JayLeno said:

So basically, I have to leave Thailand in order to get a new visa?

You do not need to apply for a new visa.

You can apply for a new extension with your existing non-b visa permit to stay you got long ago that you have extended for working before and now with a 60 day covid 19 extension.

5 minutes ago, JayLeno said:

What about the cost? The timeframe for processing the request?

The fee for a one year work permit is 3,000 baht and 1900 baht for a one year extension.

Your employer will have to take of the work permit application since they are the one requesting it. It could take a week or more to get it.

The one year extension application is normally accepted on the same day but that depends upon whether you have all the required documents your employer has to supply.

After the application it will likely be put under consideration with stam stating that with a report back date 30 day later.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, JayLeno said:

Just come back from immigration. The officer gave me 60 days (I will have to come back in 15 days) instead of 1 year and said I have to come back again.

You got the 60 day covid 19 extension not a one year extension since you do not have a work permit or a employer to supply the supporting document for the one year extension.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

My company is a BOI company. What's the difference with a non-BOI in terms of visa and work permit. The officer at Chamchuri told me that leaving the country is not required. The visa non-B can be issued within Thailand. 

Regards,

9 minutes ago, JayLeno said:

My company is a BOI company. What's the difference with a non-BOI in terms of visa and work permit. The officer at Chamchuri told me that leaving the country is not required. The visa non-B can be issued within Thailand. 

The are under slightly different rules.

They would be able to apply for a one year extension based upon working since you already have a non-b visa entry.

Archived