New Residence Certificate Requirements

Hi all

Looking to get a residence certificate to get a car license, and my new work permit doesn't list my address. 

I have seen info it is no longer at Chang Wattana but in a new location? Is this confirmed? So much outdated information online, hard to know what is correct. 

The rental contract doesn't have my name on it, just the GFs, but I have confirmed TM30 receipt, is this okay? We also have a copy of the owners lease of the building, 

This is the information I need correct? 

1. your passport
  2. copy of your passport’s photo page
  3. copy of your visa (if applicable)
  4. copy of your TM6 Departure Card
  5. copy of your Receipt of Address Notification
  6. copy of your lease/house book with your name and address
  7. two passport-size photos

Is a police visit to your home required or just document submission?

Thanks! 

You don't need the photos.

Make an appointment for MTT (Muang Thong Thani)

http://203.151.166.132/immigrant_queue/booking/

Most likely won't look at your lease. #1 is your 90 day address report.

They post it out with tracking.

200baht. They like it if you have exact amount.

Regarding your license. I obtained mine last week. You may wish to look into current procedures. Think the limit of farang per day is 50. That was my experience at Chatuchak. I used an agent as didn't want to stuff around. The agent gives you a date. With or without agent you arrive at 7.30am

Final note when applying for you COR on the form you tick what it's for. You tick car license. They will ask you if you also want bike licence. If you say yes they will issue 2 COR cost 400baht.

Even if you want both licences just get the one COR. The DLT accept the one.

32 minutes ago, james12345thailand said:

Okay thanks, so I can just turn up at MTT anyday with the documents and get it? Even if I have already done 90 day report a few weeks ago (so my next isnt due for 2 months), its separate procedure to 90 day report right? 

Yes separate.

Just happens that one of the main things they require is receipt of your last 90 day address notification.

One small tip. The only queue that is a pain is one for photocopies, so make sure you have that organized in advance. 

The form for COR is at queue desk and literally a minute to fill in. The queue # desk will skip through your papers then give you #. 

3 minutes ago, james12345thailand said:

Okay sure, so thats the TM30 for address notification right? I have my online screenshot for that 

Thanks will take plenty of photocopies!

No. I was referring to your 90 day (address) report. TM47. 

11 minutes ago, james12345thailand said:

Any recommendations on agency you used to get the Driving License? 

I used BSR. You can Google that. They have line and messenger on google site.

You can also ring and talk to manager (usa guy). With the online chat they want you to send pic of your docs, just to check you have it covered. You have an existing foreign licence? It's needs to be in english. They tell you what's required. They then check calendar and give you date option. You also obtain your own medical. It's 150baht at a clinic.

I obtained car and bike 1900baht. Think car only was 1200. Not sure. 

• 2 weeks later...

I was planning on going tomorrow. However I dont have a TM47 yet. 

To clarify I need a Tm47 for my residence certificate right, I cant get residence certificate with just TM30?

Just spoke with HR at my work, I arrived in October but when I renewed my Visa in January, and should have done 90 day report and got my TM47 there was 90 day report amnesty, this means I didn't get my TM47 then. I will be doing my next (or first proper) 90 day report later this month, so should get TM47 then. This means I will have to wait till after the 90 day report and I get my TM47, only then can I get residence certificate, and then eventually driving license.

Seems bizarre I have to wait so long to get all the documents I need!

Just hope I dont get pulled over by police in the meantime. 

Archived