Thai Visa Forum

No telephone access in ASQ - Feels like a prison. Can this be legal?

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Your own fault that your SIM expired and are too cheap to buy a new one.

What an insensitive reply! Stuck outside the country for God knows how long.  How do you expect him to get a Thai SIM card overseas with all the problems of getting them registered even here in c

You clearly have access to internet to post this so get yourself a Skype account with some credit to phone landlines or, as you probably also have lots of free time on your hands, investigate other Vo

Posted Images

12 minutes ago, fangless said:

What an insensitive reply!

Stuck outside the country for God knows how long.  How do you expect him to get a Thai SIM card overseas with all the problems of getting them registered even here in country etc.

You can ask the hotel and they will buy it for you.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

OP, you dont have internet access, and can contact your girlfriend using LINE or messenger ?

I'm also not understanding why you would be calling the hospital for an appointment, isnt that what the ASQ hotels do, work with a hospital, testing, appointments etc.

• Like 2
19 minutes ago, fangless said:

How do you register it in ASQ?

you can get one from lazada in about 2 days pre-registered.  For like 1400 baht for 1 year of unlimited 10 mbsp speed plus free calls.  Just got to be willing to change your phone number OR have 2 SIM card spots in your phone.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
17 hours ago, jackspade said:

when you are in ASQ you have no that's is A big NO rights you have to obey all orders if you disobey your back to airport and flight out, also at hotel they wont get you a Sim card to make calls you are total under there control if food is bad TOUGH welcome to Thailand

Since my local SIM card had expired, I tried to call my hospital to make an appointment today. I was told that there are no calls allowed for those staying in ASQ.

I called the front desk again. I said I wanted to call my girlfriend. Their response?

"Who your girlfriend?"

Unbelievable. I just about lost it on the phone. No phone access? This is straight up luxury imprisonment.

Is every ASQ hotel like this? Do any of them allow outgoing calls?

16 hours ago, Sametboy2019 said:

Can't remember the last time I phoned someone through a cellular line. Always WhatsApp, Facebook or line

I'm old enough to remember when people used a phone to talk to someone. Alien concept these days. That's the very last thing it might be used for. My wife always Line's someone and then has to wait for a response. I ask her why she doesn't just call them, but no. Too old-fashioned.

2 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

I'm old enough to remember when people used a phone to talk to someone. Alien concept these days. That's the very last thing it might be used for. My wife always Line's someone and then has to wait for a response. I ask her why she doesn't just call them, but no. Too old-fashioned.

You can call someone with line also

5 minutes ago, Sametboy2019 said:
7 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

You can call someone with line also

Yes, I'm up-to-date with that concept. I use it to call home when I'm overseas. Better than using Skype, maybe as good as Messenger. But I was talking (pun) about actually calling someone's number and speaking to them, like in the old days 😁

97410762_126569375686932_90056955866906624_n.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1