World Class Resort? Neo Pattaya takes a lashing as resort is deluged - improvements "a pipedream"

webfact

7 hours ago, polpott said:

No improvements needed for me. To add to @sandyfs anecdote, i can remember going out during the great storm in 2015, parking the bike at the side of Tukcom and watching the waters rise from the steps of Friendship supermarket. An overhead transformer exploded near us showering sparks and molten metal everywhere so we decided to make a run for it. Waded waist deep, chest deep for the g/f, across Pattaya Thai then waded down Soi Buakhow and eventually to Soi Diana beer bars, which are raised up from the road. Sat there as the water slowly raised up the legs of our bar stools and we watched 2 young Aussies having a swimming race down Soi Diana. A real party atmosphere with everyone having great fun. Memories are made of this, I wouldn't change Pattaya for the world.

If you don't love Pattaya, warts and all, don't come here, if you live here, move elsewhere, lots of quieter places in Thailand. If you want 24/7 fun and a party with amazing memories, come to Pattaya.

this is what you  get for FREE....in the world class NEO resort !!!

I'm no civil engineer but I am familiar with Pattaya's geography. The land slopes slowly down to the biggest reservoir there is - the sea.  How can it possibly be so difficult to sort the problem out?  A few people with buckets could do a better job.

As someone has already said, the water management is appalling, I've seen central Pattaya flooded before whilst at the same time Mabprachan was very low.

I think its obvious where the money is going - the same place much of the funding for 'Neo Pattaya' will go.  That's probably the whole point in these crazy ideas in the first place.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, nausea said:

I can remember wading through knee deep waters in Bangkok, can't say it detracted from my holiday experience, rather added to it.

Think about what is under the roads and pavements and then think about what was in the water you were wading through.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Shuya said:

Amazing water management. The city is under water and the reservoirs are empty.  

The story goes that about 25 years ago a Dutch water management company (what don't the Dutch know about water management) put in a bid to sort out all the drainage problems in Pattaya. Unfortunately they wouldn't pay any backhanders and of course they never got the job. Pattaya residents have been suffering ever since. 

• Like 1

Pattaya can become  world class resort but it never will with the current thinking. A realistic vision is needed as to what would make it a world class resort then a vry close look at all the associated issues that would enable the vision to be realised.

Once that is achieved experienced people with international experience would have to be brought in. There are sme very good Thai's but they lack exposure to international standards which is what is essential if the goaal is to be achieved.

Having said that it is just a pipedream as Thailand will never gain the experience from International workers who could teach the Thai's so much and raise their standards to international levels.

Edited by upu2
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, chilly07 said:

Enormous  pipes installed in beach road and bypass road have absolutely no  effect during downpour. Must be  very big  marginal costs on these contracts. All capital projects  in Pattaya seem just to generate big margins without  any effective outcome? 

They generate great business for high-end restaurants and car dealers

On 2/18/2021 at 11:23 AM, Pilotman said:

They should check out the word 'gravity' and 'flow dynamics' in Google. Apparently the Pattaya authorities are not acquainted with the concepts. 

the 'flow dynamics' is the force which enables the corruption money flow into the pockets of some politicians. The 'gravity' on the other hand is the force which pulls the money down to the base of the pocket..

just sayin'...????

Edited by pattayadude

On 2/18/2021 at 9:22 AM, webfact said:

World Class Resort? Neo Pattaya takes a lashing as resort is deluged - improvements "a pipedream"

This headline would have also been relevant 10 years ago as I believe it will be in 10 years time.  Funny how some things dont change one bit lol!

On 2/18/2021 at 9:22 AM, webfact said:

This headline would have also been relevant 10 years ago as I believe it will be in 10 years time.  Funny how some things dont change one bit lol!