World Class Resort? Neo Pattaya takes a lashing as resort is deluged - improvements "a pipedream"

webfact

20 hours ago, Destiny1990 said:

On a more positive note with water levels rising like this eventually all cables will be no-longer visible.???? Voila beatification 

"Voila beatification".  Huh? 

Who's lived such a holy life that the RC church has started the process of making him a saint?!

16 hours ago, eastlight said:

The story goes that about 25 years ago a Dutch water management company (what don't the Dutch know about water management) put in a bid to sort out all the drainage problems in Pattaya. Unfortunately they wouldn't pay any backhanders and of course they never got the job. Pattaya residents have been suffering ever since. 

Don't you just love those hearsay stories?

• Like 2

10 hours ago, waders123 said:

One must admit, Pattaya is one of a kind.  Whether you like it or not, it offers an interesting variety of experiences.  From dodging water puddles in a rainstorm, (for fear of electrocution!), to the best jazz music this side of New Orleans, the scene in Pattaya is Electrifying and makes you feel alive!  And yes, I do hate to wade in the water as it isn't 

the most hygiene thing to do.  But here I have had some of the best fun in my life.  Each to his own.....

You have lead a sheltered life if you think Pattaya is electrifying and makes you feel alive.

16 hours ago, JWRC said:

You have lead a sheltered life if you think Pattaya is electrifying and makes you feel alive.

Sadly, many of us from the Western world do lead particularly sheltered and restrictive lives and a place like Pattaya and Thailand generally, is liberating. 

• Like 1

On 2/20/2021 at 12:17 PM, jacko45k said:

Sadly, many of us from the Western world do lead particularly sheltered and restrictive lives and a place like Pattaya and Thailand generally, is liberating. 

I never had a particularly sheltered or restricted life, but Pattaya in the 90s was fantastic. Mind you that was when it lived up to it's name of "fun city". I don't think that's really applied in the past decade.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I never had a particularly sheltered or restricted life, but Pattaya in the 90s was fantastic. Mind you that was when it lived up to it's name of "fun city". I don't think that's really applied in the past decade.

Perhaps not as good as in the past but it sure beats Greater Manchester on a cold and wet weekend....:thumbsup:

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I really meant in older life... and sexually restrictive is more general. 

• Like 1