Expat TV Options?

Hey all,

Could anyone advise on what the best options for expat tv packages are, including set top box and or just streaming?

I signed up to PulseTV about a month ago and really like their channel selection but there is just too much buffering for me and even though I have tried everything to solve it (including changing internet providers) I just cannot get a steady reliable feed. I also know of TVmucho but they appear to  be having similar buffering problems.

Any other good alternatives anyone can recommend?

Cheers

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You assume wrong. You must be looking at the wrong places.   Both Pulse and IPTV Eros have channel pages.   https://pulse-tv.net/#channel-list https://iptveros.com/channe

I pesonally find it so pointless when a TV package advertises 17000 channels or similar. It takes longer to choose which channel from which country via which server you are going to use, than it does

Get an android box something like Mecool MK9 android 10.0 get a yearly subscription of IPTV app from Aliexpress that has like 13,000 channels fro a many countries around the world, it will cost you al

Get an android box something like Mecool MK9 android 10.0 get a yearly subscription of IPTV app from Aliexpress that has like 13,000 channels fro a many countries around the world, it will cost you all up about 2,500 baht and you are good to go...

• Like 2

Are you looking for live TV only or need catch-up too?

This looks like a good option for live streaming (seems to work well in BlueStacks emulator too) https://livenettv.bz/

For a paid option I've been recommended this for USD 70 per year including catch-up on 700 channels. I have NOT tried it yet.

• Like 1
40 minutes ago, Crossy said:

Are you looking for live TV only or need catch-up too?

This looks like a good option for live streaming (seems to work well in BlueStacks emulator too) https://livenettv.bz/

For a paid option I've been recommended this for USD 70 per year including catch-up on 700 channels. I have NOT tried it yet.

Yes live tv with a catch up option would be great. Will look into this one thanks

5 minutes ago, VintageTQ said:

Yes live tv with a catch up option would be great. Will look into this one thanks

Oops, for some reason my link didn't post correctly (possibly finger trouble), for the paid option with catch-up try IPTVeros

• Like 2
19 hours ago, ezzra said:

Get an android box something like Mecool MK9 android 10.0 get a yearly subscription of IPTV app from Aliexpress that has like 13,000 channels fro a many countries around the world, it will cost you all up about 2,500 baht and you are good to go...

Isn't this your post of a few weeks ago?

Mobdro probably also working great for you?

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, Susco said:

Isn't this your post of a few weeks ago?

Mobdro probably also working great for you?

Sadly Mobdro seems to be done for.....has been down for awhile as I was using it.... 😞

• Sad 1
20 hours ago, VintageTQ said:

Hey all,

Could anyone advise on what the best options for expat tv packages are, including set top box and or just streaming?

I signed up to PulseTV about a month ago and really like their channel selection but there is just too much buffering for me and even though I have tried everything to solve it (including changing internet providers) I just cannot get a steady reliable feed. I also know of TVmucho but they appear to  be having similar buffering problems.

Any other good alternatives anyone can recommend?

Cheers

I'm surprised you've been having problems with PulseTV.  I've been a subscriber for over 3 years (two boxes running simultaneously) and buffering is very rare.  The problem is likely to be your internet connection.  I have you checked the speeds?

I think it is very difficult to get 'free' expat TV here. Yes, you can get reception with buffering.

I have mentioned what I use on previous occasions but expats seem unwilling to pay. I use AirTV Extra. This app costs about 5500 baht per year-much more expensive if you pay by the month. You will get a free 3-day trial before you part with any money and I have been using this app for about 4 years without any problems. You will first need to buy an android box, either from Lazada or from Tukcom-. I use a Minix Box and these can be bought for various prices up to 6,000 baht-you get what you pay for here-you can get one for 2,000 baht.

AirTVExtra provides you with just about every Sky channel and Sports program. It also has catch-up for 5 days and you can see program listings for 5 days in advance.

The picture quality is superb and there is very, very little buffering-watching a whole day of Test cricket it may buffer once during the day.

By the way I have nothing to do with the company which provides the app. Just Google AirTVExtra-the Extra gets you the catch-up.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I have been using IPTV services for at least 3 or 4 years now. They pretty much are all the same. I want USA live channels mostly be it sports or news. They all seem to be about the same in quality and buffering issues and price. Never subscribe more than 3 months at a time due to the possible loss of the service. I am on one now    https://www.hiveiptvhome.com/

Its been OK but maybe not for everyone

1 hour ago, KannikaP said:

I pesonally find it so pointless when a TV package advertises 17000 channels or similar. It takes longer to choose which channel from which country via which server you are going to use, than it does to watch the actual program.

Similar thing with VPNs which say 3000 servers in 500 countries. I only want one so I can watch UK TV, or you for your own country.

Express VPN on my normal PC gives me the ability to watch any UK or USA channel, some with catch up ie iPlayer or ITV Hub, or the footie on NBCSports via ustvgo.tv.

Yes , to be honest, a provider offering thousands of channels is more a minus than a plus for me. I'd rather have something similar to what pulse-tv offers which is a good but select choice

• Like 2
56 minutes ago, brewsterbudgen said:

I'm surprised you've been having problems with PulseTV.  I've been a subscriber for over 3 years (two boxes running simultaneously) and buffering is very rare.  The problem is likely to be your internet connection.  I have you checked the speeds?

Yes my speeds are ok. Maximum in my condo bldg is 50 mbps downloads speed, i've checked the speeds and i'm always over 40 mbps. I spoke to pulse and they say i need only 14 mbps to have buffer free streaming so i really don't understand why i have such a problem. Don't get me wrong sometimes it is ok but then sometimes it's almost unwatchable. 

4 hours ago, VintageTQ said:

Yes my speeds are ok. Maximum in my condo bldg is 50 mbps downloads speed, i've checked the speeds and i'm always over 40 mbps. I spoke to pulse and they say i need only 14 mbps to have buffer free streaming so i really don't understand why i have such a problem. Don't get me wrong sometimes it is ok but then sometimes it's almost unwatchable. 

I feel for you.  I'd be lost without my Pulse. Are you using wi-fi or a cable.  I have two Pulse boxes, and the one that connects via wi-fi has more buffering, but only in the evenings. The other one is fine pretty much all of the time.  A few years ago we used True Online and the buffering was worse.  Since moving to AIS it's been fine.