Expat TV Options?

VintageTQ

Interested, because I've not heard of any of these options, I looked them all up and it appears none of the providers will actually give you a list of what channels you might actually be able to watch once you have subscribed. Pulse TV, mentioned by one poster, appears to be just an online-shopping website, which is almost precisely the opposite of anything I might want.

I search for specific channels offering sport I need. Nothing else. But none of these options gives a clue as to whether they offer what I need. Why? I can only assume it's all a scam.......

• Sad 1

19 hours ago, bolt said:

watching TV on a Laptop or Tablet is NOT for me, Big TV is way more relaxing 

Me too, have a box on TV at home. 

Saturday night I was in a hotel, just plugged laptop into the tv and watched The Voice with Kodi, all very easy.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Disparate Dan said:

Interested, because I've not heard of any of these options, I looked them all up and it appears none of the providers will actually give you a list of what channels you might actually be able to watch once you have subscribed. Pulse TV, mentioned by one poster, appears to be just an online-shopping website, which is almost precisely the opposite of anything I might want.

I search for specific channels offering sport I need. Nothing else. But none of these options gives a clue as to whether they offer what I need. Why? I can only assume it's all a scam.......

Have you looked at Kodi? Takes a bit of setting up but works well, can get what you want, no adverts and no VPN needed. There is nothing offered just look for what want a variety of options available, channels,search, genre etc., both TV and Movies.

Best of all it is free.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Disparate Dan said:

You are looking at the wrong website for PulseTV! 

https://pulse-tv.net/

Something that has received little attention - server shares - You can run plex / embi / jellyfin on a TV and then stream from a server.

You can also stream from a web browser on a laptop or tablet. 

You can find plenty of server shares to smash Netflix - some are paid, some are donation but a lot are free. Most have (automated) request systems for TV and movies.

You can find more by searching plexshares/ embishares / jellyfinshares on Reddit.

Edited by recom273
  • Like 2

On 2/21/2021 at 12:21 PM, bolt said:

Do you know that almost ALL 2020 TVS have a 100mb LAN connection, so the WIFI is actually faster then Ethernet.

I know it sounds crazy, but for some reason TV manufactures’ have not updated the LAN port, its still on 2010 speeds

the best option is to have a dedicated WIFI for your TV signal only, this will reduce LAG

I am by far no expert on Smart TVs but IMHO manufacturers of TVs do not release the specs on the computer features of the "Smart" part of the TV. If they do it is in a very protected release of info. The computer in that TV is weak to say the least. Not the best processors and memory and so on and so on. That saves them money. The higher end TVs may be better but I doubt you will find many TVs that can compete with basic stand alone puters and other dedicated boxes. And? WIFI is still less reliable to any device be it TV or a Android box or a PC. A LAN cable will always provide a much more stable signal than a WIFI signal IMHO

4 hours ago, longball53098 said:

I am by far no expert on Smart TVs but IMHO manufacturers of TVs do not release the specs on the computer features of the "Smart" part of the TV. If they do it is in a very protected release of info. The computer in that TV is weak to say the least. Not the best processors and memory and so on and so on. That saves them money. The higher end TVs may be better but I doubt you will find many TVs that can compete with basic stand alone puters and other dedicated boxes. And? WIFI is still less reliable to any device be it TV or a Android box or a PC. A LAN cable will always provide a much more stable signal than a WIFI signal IMHO

TV companies MUST release specifications for connectivity 

For example, quote from Samsun One connect box 2019 model Q6FN

Q6FN, Q900R, also has a 100 Mbit wired connection, while 2.4 / 5 GHz wireless can achieve higher link speeds”

LAN cable can transfer 10GB, but the port only handles 100mb is which is 0.1%, As you can see the LAN port is only 100mb whereas the WIFI is 2.4/ 5Ghz 

you are correct the cable can be more stable. but if the WIFI is 8 to 9 times faster then the choice can be confusing for buyers.

I currently use a Fire Stick on WIFI 5Ghz and the house router gives me a connectivity of around 800mb speed. (3BB)

I have LAN CAT 6 cables in my house, and 2 specifically at the TV outlet, but because of this LAN Port issue on the TV I found the WIFI is way better for me.

Edited by bolt
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, zzzzz said:

KODI/ Exodus plus for add on an get all ur tv, movies, shows, sports BUT no news stations

Just search you tube  best kodi addons 2021

Yes Kodi is about as much as anyone would want. Exodus has now done the full circle, clones like Covenant, Yoda & Placenta have now been pushed aside by the latest version of Exodus.

There is an add-on for BBC IPlayer which should theoretically get you the BBC news channels but I have never been able to get the add-on to work.

For news I use TV Mucho which gives an hour a day free.

I occasionally use Live Net TV for listening to MTV, usually during the day. I had V 4.7 but it's forced me to upgrade to v4.8 and now nothing plays for longer than a few seconds then freezes. Anyone still using it or know a free site for MTV?

I subscribe to HDprime for live EPL and catchup UK TV but it doesn't have any dedicated music channels.

On 2/23/2021 at 1:10 PM, sandyf said:

There is an add-on for BBC IPlayer which should theoretically get you the BBC news channels but I have never been able to get the add-on to work.

It works OK, but you need to be in the UK, or have a VPN. But it's no different to the BBC iPlayer on a Browser. In fact I find the Browser is easier to navigate.

I only use the Kodi version when using Bluetooth headphones, because of the audio latency delay, which can be changed on Kodi

Edited by elfpattaya

19 hours ago, elfpattaya said:

It works OK, but you need to be in the UK, or have a VPN. But it's no different to the BBC iPlayer on a Browser. In fact I find the Browser is easier to navigate.

I only use the Kodi version when using Bluetooth headphones, because of the audio latency delay, which can be changed on Kodi

I use Cyberghost and that gets me the BBC iPlayer on the browser but not on Kodi.

Not really bothered, my point was in response to the poster that said there were no news channels on Kodi.

• Like 2

On 2/26/2021 at 9:31 AM, sandyf said:

I use Cyberghost and that gets me the BBC iPlayer on the browser but not on Kodi.

Not really bothered, my point was in response to the poster that said there were no news channels on Kodi.

I also use Cyberghost but cannot get BBC iPlayer to work.  Any specials setting/advice please?

BTW I can get CH4 to work on Cyberghost!

21 hours ago, fangless said:

I also use Cyberghost but cannot get BBC iPlayer to work.  Any specials setting/advice please?

Not really, other than using the Cyberghost optimised sever. I am registered with BBC but not sure if that would make a difference.

Must admit I have not tried it since the last Cyberghost version change, will check that out first chance I get.

• Thanks 1

On 2/28/2021 at 4:25 PM, fangless said:

Just got round to have another look. Cyberghost had 3 optimised streaming in the UK, netflix, BBC iPlayer and Eurosport. It looks like the BBC one has been disabled. I tried the netflix server and when I went to BBC iPlayer got the not available outside UK message. Probably now blocking anyone on a VPN, sorry not better news.

Not too much of a problem for me, I get the BBC programs on Kodi and I just watch the BBC News channel for about an hour in the evening on TV Mucho, they give you an hour for free each day.

• Thanks 1

38 minutes ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

I use ExpressVPN, it has 2 U.K. servers, occasionally it won’t let me watch ,“ outside the U.K. “ message , I change to the other server and am good to go !

Might be worth a try on Cyberghost ?

Express actually has four servers, UK London, East London, Docklands and Wembley. Some work sometimes, on & off. 

13 minutes ago, KannikaP said:

Express actually has four servers, UK London, East London, Docklands and Wembley. Some work sometimes, on & off. 

Yes, you are right, I had a quick look and was in “ recommendations “ rather than “ all locations “.

Did wonder why there was only two ????

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

Yes, you are right, I had a quick look and was in “ recommendations “ rather than “ all locations “.

Did wonder why there was only two ????

I laugh when I see that Express (and other VPNs) have 3000 servers in 300 countries. I only need one of each which works.

• Like 1

Just an update, i eventually decided to go with expatprimetv and really happy with them so far. No buffering issues and whilst the channel selection isn't as good as pulsetv (no premium sky sports / movies channel etc) the selection is still pretty ok for what you pay. 400 baht per month

They also offer a free set top box (you have to pay shipping costs though).

Edited by VintageTQ
  • Like 1

On 3/5/2021 at 5:40 PM, KannikaP said:

I laugh when I see that Express (and other VPNs) have 3000 servers in 300 countries. I only need one of each which works.

Well there aren't 300 countries in the world in the first place, so that is already a big exaggeration.

The more servers the less load on each server of course, but maybe you think you're alone on the world, or everyone should cater just to you?

On 3/5/2021 at 5:21 PM, KannikaP said:

No, they all work all the time, but when BBC logs the IP's that are used to login to Iplayer, and when they get hundreds of logins on a single day from the same IP, then they know they're dealing with a VPN and block the IP.

That is when Express has to change their IP, for your convenience

11 hours ago, Susco said:

Well there aren't 300 countries in the world in the first place, so that is already a big exaggeration.

The more servers the less load on each server of course, but maybe you think you're alone on the world, or everyone should cater just to you?

No, they all work all the time, but when BBC logs the IP's that are used to login to Iplayer, and when they get hundreds of logins on a single day from the same IP, then they know they're dealing with a VPN and block the IP.

That is when Express has to change their IP, for your convenience

Thanks for the information. I was talking metaphorically when I said 300 countries, not knowing exactly how many there are in the world. I shall have to go onto Express' site to see how many servers in how many countries there actually are and amend my post accordingly.   

Done it......148 servers in 94 countries.

I am sure you know what I meant saying that the London servers work sometimes or not. No need for the sarcastic reply.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 2/21/2021 at 11:50 AM, longball53098 said:

On your recommend I subscribed for a month to see what kind of service this is. My current IPTV provider is having issues and I cannot put up with it as the buffering now is horrible. And the plan is almost finished now so time to look at others again.

How did this work out? Who is your Internet Provider and what platform are you using (Firestick, Samsung TV, Android Box, etc) and app?

I just subscribed and I can't get it working. IPTVEros said maybe my Internet provider (3BB) is blocking it but I doubt that. I was using a Samsung Smart TV (Tizen) and no joy. Now considering trying it on KODI or my Firestick.

Helpful advice would be appreciated. Thank you.

On 3/5/2021 at 6:03 AM, VintageTQ said:

Just an update, i eventually decided to go with expatprimetv and really happy with them so far. No buffering issues and whilst the channel selection isn't as good as pulsetv (no premium sky sports / movies channel etc) the selection is still pretty ok for what you pay. 400 baht per month

They also offer a free set top box (you have to pay shipping costs though).

I think that service got shutdown a few days ago, or am I mistaken and it's still working?

29 minutes ago, FarangRimPing said:

How did this work out? Who is your Internet Provider and what platform are you using (Firestick, Samsung TV, Android Box, etc) and app?

I just subscribed and I can't get it working. IPTVEros said maybe my Internet provider (3BB) is blocking it but I doubt that. I was using a Samsung Smart TV (Tizen) and no joy. Now considering trying it on KODI or my Firestick.

I have no problems and I'm with 3bb as well.

I downloaded the app onto my Sony Smart TV.

Think this one is really good value for money.

14 hours ago, FarangRimPing said:

Sorry to hear you are having start up issues. I do not use a smart TV or any android apps or Kodi. I am strictly a Windows 10 PC user. I use two different apps just to be sure when I do have issues that I can try another app to see if the app or the PC is at fault. I use a player called ProgDVB Pro for Windows and also IPTVSmarters Pro for Windows. I use one or the other from time to time. Mainly the ProgDVB though. My provider is TOT Fiber 2U 400MB up and down.

I do recall initially having a start up issue but it was me not putting in the correct URL m3u data. Since then the system has worked quite well. It has hiccupped a few times in the couplie weeks but back up again quickly. I am happy with the service and most likely will renew the sub for a 3 month run

14 hours ago, Will27 said:

I have no problems and I'm with 3bb as well.

I downloaded the app onto my Sony Smart TV.

Think this one is really good value for money.

I have 3bb as well and it has been fantastic.

IPTVEros tech support has been really fast, and it seems to be thorough.

I finally got it working last night on my Firestick, but to get their app (IPTV Smarters Pro) to work, I had to:

1. Use a VPN to a server in Germany (no VPN and VPN to USA didn't work) to get the channel list downloaded, and then

2. Turn off VPN to watch the content. (No content if I had VPN on)

This was done last night and maybe it's settled down now. What I mean is that maybe now it will work all different ways, with and without VPN and on different platforms. Quality seemed excellent.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, FarangRimPing said:

I have 3bb as well and it has been fantastic.

IPTVEros tech support has been really fast, and it seems to be thorough.

I finally got it working last night on my Firestick, but to get their app (IPTV Smarters Pro) to work, I had to:

1. Use a VPN to a server in Germany (no VPN and VPN to USA didn't work) to get the channel list downloaded, and then

2. Turn off VPN to watch the content. (No content if I had VPN on)

This was done last night and maybe it's settled down now. What I mean is that maybe now it will work all different ways, with and without VPN and on different platforms. Quality seemed excellent.

That's funny.

I didn't use a VPN for installation at all.

Glad you got it sorted.

• Like 1