Expat TV Options?

VintageTQ

6 hours ago, FarangRimPing said:

I have 3bb as well and it has been fantastic.

IPTVEros tech support has been really fast, and it seems to be thorough.

I finally got it working last night on my Firestick, but to get their app (IPTV Smarters Pro) to work, I had to:

1. Use a VPN to a server in Germany (no VPN and VPN to USA didn't work) to get the channel list downloaded, and then

2. Turn off VPN to watch the content. (No content if I had VPN on)

This was done last night and maybe it's settled down now. What I mean is that maybe now it will work all different ways, with and without VPN and on different platforms. Quality seemed excellent.

I learned that if you registered your account with a Thai IP address that they set up your account from that country and if you use a VPN from another place and IP your content is blocked by EROS. You can only have one connection working and it must be from the country you opened the account from.

Message from Support about this:  

Thanks for reaching out
we have a country lock on our server, where each account is allowed to connect from any IP address of one country, ( we can ask to change it any time you travel ).
using a VPN from the default country ( usually the first one you connect from in your case Thailand ) will work with no problems but as soon as you choose to connect from a different country IP address your connection will get blocked.

17 hours ago, longball53098 said:

I learned that if you registered your account with a Thai IP address that they set up your account from that country and if you use a VPN from another place and IP your content is blocked by EROS. You can only have one connection working and it must be from the country you opened the account from.

Message from Support about this:  

Thanks for reaching out
we have a country lock on our server, where each account is allowed to connect from any IP address of one country, ( we can ask to change it any time you travel ).
using a VPN from the default country ( usually the first one you connect from in your case Thailand ) will work with no problems but as soon as you choose to connect from a different country IP address your connection will get blocked.

Hmm... Interesting. That explains why I have to turn off the VPN to another country for it to run (I'll try VPN to THA server later) but weird that I couldn't get the channel list when I didn't have the VPN on.

Thanks for this info!

On 3/5/2021 at 5:40 PM, KannikaP said:

I laugh when I see that Express (and other VPNs) have 3000 servers in 300 countries. I only need one of each which works.

If they only had one then you wouldn't be able to use it. The more they have the less the load on each. 

I used to have a vpn, can't remember the name, when you selected a country it listed all servers and showed the current load on each. It was always better to pick one from those with a lower load.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, FarangRimPing said:

Hmm... Interesting. That explains why I have to turn off the VPN to another country for it to run (I'll try VPN to THA server later) but weird that I couldn't get the channel list when I didn't have the VPN on.

Thanks for this info!

When I first installed it I couldn't get the channel list either.

I rebooted the TV and it was fine.

• 3 weeks later...

With the US Masters golf coming soon I would like a TV package that has a catch up service. I previously had Pulse but gave up on it as I always had buffering when watching sports... FYI I just use a laptop connected to TV, so no android device..

Thanks in advance..

On 2/21/2021 at 11:52 AM, Crossy said:

Do let us all know how you get on. 

I'm currently using AirTV-Extra but eros is a lot cheaper (and permits multiple devices [one active at a time]), worth a swap IF it performs as well!

Crossy I thought I would bump this posting and talk a bit about my Eros subscription. I had used the system for the monh trial and seemed like things were going to be OK. I had several times that I could not connect to channels but no worse than other services I had, I decided to renew for the 6 month plan at 60 USD and really see what happens. The first week or so things were fine for the most part. I did have periods when I could not connect to a channel or many channels as the error message said cannot connect to server or server not recognized or something to that affect. But over the weekend it was so bad especially at night when I tried to watch the Masters golf.  Just past midnight I tried to use any sport channel that might have the Masters and all I got was error messages cannot connect. My IP was not the issue as my internet access was fine for anything form my browser. I was really getting <deleted> to say the least,,,,,,,,,,went to bed and got up about 0700 and opened the player for EROS and now it worked perfect. And now all morning I watched a replay for the final round.  I cannot say this is a EROS issue but I feel it is. I have never had this type of connection issue with other IPTV services in the past. Most were always buffering issues not "cannot connect to server" for many, many channels. My gut feeling is they get overloaded servers when a popular event is happening and we here on this side of the world pay the price. So now I am considering dumping EROS and finding a new service. I hope they will refund some of my 60 bucks 

• Thanks 1

On 4/12/2021 at 1:12 PM, longball53098 said:

I have never had this type of connection issue with other IPTV services in the past. Most were always buffering issues not "cannot connect to server" for many, many channels. My gut feeling is they get overloaded servers when a popular event is happening

Can not connect to server has nothing to do with overloading. If overloaded you get buffering, if their source or the server is down, you get the black screen.

As with everything else in the world, you get what you pay for.

'

Now I just have to wait for the usual suspects who say free services work great

On 4/12/2021 at 1:12 PM, longball53098 said:

So now I am considering dumping EROS and finding a new service. I hope they will refund some of my 60 bucks 

Good luck with that one.

10 hours ago, Susco said:

Can not connect to server has nothing to do with overloading. If overloaded you get buffering, if their source or the server is down, you get the black screen.

As with everything else in the world, you get what you pay for.

'

Now I just have to wait for the usual suspects who say free services work great

Good luck with that one.

I don't pay for any entertainment content, Free is great, on my browser speed dial I have

50 odd sites where with one click I am taken to sites where I can view ,Movies,Series,Documentaries,

News, all without adverts, the only thing missing is Live Sports, but I have sites I can watch the

next day.don't check the score and it's like watching live ????

the usual suspect, Worgeordie

• Like 1