Thai Woman Extradited To U.S., Indicted For Role In International Sex Trafficking Conspiracy

webfact

17 hours ago, GinBoy2 said:

So it says she was arrested in Belgium (and what was she doing in Belgium

She was arrested in 2016. Assume the U.S. knew where she was when they got their informant to flip, and then had Belgian authorities arrest here. Took years to get her extradited.

https://www.nationthailand.com/national/30297086

https://www.klobuchar.senate.gov/public/index.cfm/2016/10/feds-bust-global-sex-ring-with-indictments-in-minnesota

https://www.dw.com/en/elaborate-thai-us-sex-trafficking-ring-dismantled/a-35968541

Edited by mtls2005
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Peterphuket said:

And I am convinced that most of the Thai woman there are voluntary, and working for the big money to bring at home.

So am I, however not sure if they will be bringing big money home. The reason for the debt bondage is due to costs of getting someone into the US. The more strict the anti-prostitution laws, the higher the costs and associated debt. It means lots of people committing fraud and other criminal acts for which they expect to be paid well.

Of all the people who will say she's evil, I wonder how many frequent the bars etc. here?

• Like 2

7 hours ago, SomchaiCNX said:

If she stayed in Belgium she was lucky. Criminals over there have far more rights than victims, especially if you are colored and not Belgian. They will have a regiment of lawyers available to choose from, free of charge .

5 hours ago, Peterphuket said:

That's in many countries of the EU the same, they hate their own people.

Colored people are in this days.

Utter nonsense, of course; often touted by poor losers who need a scapegoat for their failed miserable lifes. 

• Haha 2

My comment here is that there must be  commercial validity  for this service in the US.

The more the US disallows "prostitution" the more underground organized crime syndicates are going to flourish & less tax payments will result along with arguably more rape victims.

The oldest proffession in the world is not going to go away ever, so why not just legalize it 

& then can be controlled

• Like 2

17 hours ago, natway09 said:

My comment here is that there must be  commercial validity  for this service in the US.

The more the US disallows "prostitution" the more underground organized crime syndicates are going to flourish & less tax payments will result along with arguably more rape victims.

The oldest proffession in the world is not going to go away ever, so why not just legalize it 

& then can be controlled

Worldwide the direction is away from decriminalization, even though this approach is advocated by Amnesty, UNAIDS, HRW and a heap of others. Instead policies are guided by moral or ideological positions, despite harming the people it aims to help.

Trafficking is supposed to mean use of deception, coercion or force, but in the US it's used to describe all forms of prostitution. This is because there's billions to be made fund raising for anti trafficking activities, which is often just arresting girls working on the street.

In this case they claim a big trafficking network, but the charges don't reflect that.

On 2/19/2021 at 9:20 PM, observer90210 said:

If her lawyer hints to disclose her extensive US client list, it could be fun to watch some top renowned and distinguished chaps, scramble to hide.

Seriously doubt these were Heidi Fleiss girls serving the rich and famous. More likely dropped into the numerous shady massage shops (and other venues) serving the middle class across the country. I doubt any client list was ever accumulated.

• Like 1