Pattaya and Jomtien beaches ranked among best on eastern seaboard

webfact

I remember about 10+ years ago walking along by the beach. The night before there had been a big swell on the sea. There was Tons of garbage washed up on the beach. As I watched, the beach workers were working very diligently using the backs of rakes to push the garbage back into the sea.

"Out of sight, out of mind"

9 hours ago, Jimbo2014 said:

This morning both beaches had an AQI of about 160.  This sight is often what you see.  How the H@ll did someone think  these were the best beaches??

Image result for pattaya plastic beach

Tomorrow's headline.  

Body of man wearing one shoe washes up on pristine beach in Pattaya.  ????

• Haha 1

On 2/18/2021 at 8:24 AM, smedly said:

Who exactly carried out this survey and did it include a health test of the water 

The beach might look pretty sometimes but is the water a health hazard 

In the west it is water quality that opens and closes beaches not if the sand looks pretty 

blackpool or pattaya for a swim i thick neither

21 hours ago, Sametboy2019 said:

Its actually shocking that somebody could have the balls to make this statement. Is there anyone in the whole population of Thailand that actually believes this

Come on, it is not such a bold statement.... it is only limited to the Eastern Seaboard, it is like saying Blackpool has the best beach on the Fylde coast.  Excluding the Islands the other Cities on the Eastern seaboard are not known for their beaches, Chonburuy City, Laem Chabang and a few others have built scenic refineries. 

4 hours ago, jacko45k said:

Come on, it is not such a bold statement.... it is only limited to the Eastern Seaboard, it is like saying Blackpool has the best beach on the Fylde coast.  Excluding the Islands the other Cities on the Eastern seaboard are not known for their beaches, Chonburuy City, Laem Chabang and a few others have built scenic refineries. 

Well I guess you haven't been much further east than Pattaya then as there plenty of beaches better than them and they didn't cost billions of baht to make and keep making every time it rains.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Sametboy2019 said:

Well I guess you haven't been much further east than Pattaya then as there plenty of beaches better than them and they didn't cost billions of baht to make and keep making every time it rains.

You know nothing of where I have been.... name these better beaches that are on the Eastern seaboard of Thailand. ... If one heads East from Pattaya the next seaside beach you encounter would be Nha Trang on the South China sea!

Some people....

Edited by jacko45k

1 hour ago, jacko45k said:

You know nothing of where I have been.... name these better beaches that are on the Eastern seaboard of Thailand. ... If one heads East from Pattaya the next seaside beach you encounter would be Nha Trang on the South China sea!

Some people....

Obviously you haven't or you don't know geography by your statement.

Laem Mai phim Rayong or Ban Chuen Trat come to mind. Passed many on the drive along the Eastern seaboard.

Both Pattaya beaches are <deleted> holes and the water is disgusting. 

12 hours ago, Sametboy2019 said:

Laem Mai phim Rayong or Ban Chuen Trat come to mind. Passed many on the drive along the Eastern seaboard.

Both Pattaya beaches are <deleted> holes and the water is disgusting. 

That is not East of Pattaya, closer to due South, and you say I do not know Geography. Laem Mai Phim, which I have been to, would be the one with the refinery in view? Ban Chuen Trat, there isn't a coastal road!  Trat is not really Eastern seaboard (EEC) which is what was mentioned, that is Chachoengsao, Chonburi and Rayong. The Beach in Pattaya looks quite good these days providing you do look not just after a rainstorm. 

6 hours ago, jacko45k said:

That is not East of Pattaya, closer to due South, and you say I do not know Geography. Laem Mai Phim, which I have been to, would be the one with the refinery in view? Ban Chuen Trat, there isn't a coastal road!  Trat is not really Eastern seaboard (EEC) which is what was mentioned, that is Chachoengsao, Chonburi and Rayong. The Beach in Pattaya looks quite good these days providing you do look not just after a rainstorm. 

My bad. I didnt read it properly. No refinery at Laem Mai Phim. , Mae Rum Phueng is better than Pattaya also. Its hard to compare beach/sand as Pattaya beach is fake/imported but water standards... No contest!

On 2/21/2021 at 1:30 PM, Sametboy2019 said:

My bad. I didnt read it properly. No refinery at Laem Mai Phim. , Mae Rum Phueng is better than Pattaya also. Its hard to compare beach/sand as Pattaya beach is fake/imported but water standards... No contest!

Just over 3 hours drive along the coast to Chantaburi, some beautiful, deserted beaches with delicious seafood restaurants, you lot should try them sometime, cheap accommodation, friendly locals, give it a whirl sometime. ????

14 minutes ago, Golden Triangle said:

Just over 3 hours drive along the coast to Chantaburi, some beautiful, deserted beaches with delicious seafood restaurants, you lot should try them sometime, cheap accommodation, friendly locals, give it a whirl sometime. ????

Been there a few times. Chao Lao and Laem sing area. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Sametboy2019 said:

Been there a few times. Chao Lao and Laem sing area. 

A lovely part of the world, it's a shame people won't get out and about and explore, we're lucky, we have family there but always stay at a resort, either on the coast, in town or out of town where the Durian farm is ????????

7 hours ago, Golden Triangle said:

Oh great, just tell everyone now.  Soon they will all descend down there and ruin it for those of us who like that type of experience.  

12 hours ago, Golden Triangle said:

A lovely part of the world, it's a shame people won't get out and about and explore, we're lucky, we have family there but always stay at a resort, either on the coast, in town or out of town where the Durian farm is ????????

If there was a railway along there to Trat , for sure I would visit. Car or no car. But forget about trying to string together a trip there with "these other" ways.

On 2/19/2021 at 4:25 PM, Tambs2020 said:

On 2/19/2021 at 8:07 PM, ronnie round head said:

blackpool or pattaya for a swim i thick neither

Actually these days with few tourists in hotels , no discharges into gulf, the water is ok.

export1614332723954.jpg

export1614332810666.jpg

Edited by morrobay

3 hours ago, Golden Triangle said:

A few years ago I toyed with the idea of collecting a sample of the seawater off Pattaya beach and sending it away for independent, anonymous analysis, wish I'd followed through with that, it would have been an interesting exercise.

That seaweed would probably have had more chemicals in it than a cigarette.  ????

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Golden Triangle said:

A few years ago I toyed with the idea of collecting a sample of the seawater off Pattaya beach and sending it away for independent, anonymous analysis, wish I'd followed through with that, it would have been an interesting exercise.

Probably a law against exporting the naturally occurring local wildlife. 

• Haha 1

Given the reference is to the eastern seaboard, that might just pass, but there are, IMO, few if any decent beaches on the eastern seaboard.

For good beaches one needs to go to Samui and Phangan. Disregarding the disaster happening behind the sand, IMO Chaweng has to be one of the best beaches on the planet.

• Thanks 1