Depositing US Covid Check

I have deposited first $1200 check at BBL HQ Silom office. Fee about 460baht. Waited 1 month until amount showed on my account. Poor exchange rate.

Second $1200 check deposited via digital mobile application to my US bank account. No fee, amount available after 3 days.

I'm waiting on next checks 2 x $1,400 or direct deposit as I have indicated on my 2020 US tax returns my US bank account. If you transfer USD5,000 using app. like TransferWise, the transfer fee is USD4 (special promotion) and they will show exact exchange rates and fees before transaction from US bank to Thai bank account.

11 hours ago, pon2007 said:

I have deposited first $1200 check at BBL HQ Silom office. Fee about 460baht. Waited 1 month until amount showed on my account. Poor exchange rate.

Exchange rate they use is their Sight Bill/Cheque Buying Rate which is topically only 0.1 baht below their TT Buying Rate used for incoming international SWIFT/ACH transfers.   Their exchange rate webpage shows the rate. 

Would anyone have any knowledge and/or experience in trying to get the stimulus check and/or tax refund direct deposited into Bangkok Bank going through their New York office? 

The IRS website does say this

Eight out of 10 taxpayers get their refunds by using direct deposit. The IRS uses the same electronic transfer system to deposit tax refunds that is used by other federal agencies to deposit nearly 98% of all Social Security and Veterans Affairs benefits into millions of accounts.

So there may be hope.

33 minutes ago, higgy88 said:

Would anyone have any knowledge and/or experience in trying to get the stimulus check and/or tax refund direct deposited into Bangkok Bank going through their New York office? 

I have had all of the stimulus payments deposited into my direct deposit account via the New York branch of Bangkok Bank. And the next one is due to be deposited on Wednesday.

I did a non filers submittal (not available now) on the IRS website to get the first one back in June. I used their "FED Routing No: 026008691" and my account number on the form when I did it.

36 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

I have had all of the stimulus payments deposited into my direct deposit account via the New York branch of Bangkok Bank. And the next one is due to be deposited on Wednesday.

I did a non filers submittal (not available now) on the IRS website to get the first one back in June. I used their "FED Routing No: 026008691" and my account number on the form when I did it.

Thanks alot.   So apparently they are using the IACH format.   Wonderful!

1 hour ago, higgy88 said:

Thanks alot.   So apparently they are using the IACH format.   Wonderful!

Nope....not using ACH IAT format....just plain ol' domestic ACH.  However, Bangkok Bank is still allowing domestic ACH transfers that come from the U.S. govt; but personal ACH transfers like you transferring from your U.S. bank must be in ACH IAT format.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

As I said in my original post, I got the $600 stimulus check in Feb. of this year. I hadn't received the first, $1200 check. But I finally got it, at the end of March this year--almost a year after I received the letter saying I would get it. i deposited it right away using the Schwab iPhone app.

I haven't yet received the more recent $1400 check. A friend said he received his already however. So, hoping I'll see it fairly soon. FYI

8 hours ago, OliverKlozerof said:

As I said in my original post, I got the $600 stimulus check in Feb. of this year. I hadn't received the first, $1200 check. But I finally got it, at the end of March this year--almost a year after I received the letter saying I would get it. i deposited it right away using the Schwab iPhone app.

I haven't yet received the more recent $1400 check. A friend said he received his already however. So, hoping I'll see it fairly soon. FYI

There is currently no international mail service from this country due to so many postal workers having covid (as of some time last week) so that may be a further delay (but not sure it applies to incoming).