Expats in Thailand to be given COVID-19 vaccine: CCSA

Jonathan Fairfield

43 minutes ago, HaoleBoy said:

"Dr Apisamai also said that the private sector will be able to procure its own vaccines, providing the vaccines have approval from the regulatory authorities."

Anyone know all the different vaccines that have been approved to date?  

I don't want the Russian or Chinese vaccines.

I would get the Russian one without hesitation but would love the Johnson and Johnson  if it proves efficient

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

7 minutes ago, ThaiPauly said:

I wonder what our position will be if we are only offered a vaccine that we really don't want, ie Chinese and we refuse to have it, and no others are available?

It'll be rather like choosing which side of the road you'd like to drive. Choosing to drive on the right side in Thailand may not be entirely wise but, hey, it's your choice.

• Haha 1

may be the least of every ones worries, I guess time will tell if the vaccines available will be effective down the road..

https://www.newscientist.com/article/2268014-exclusive-two-variants-have-merged-into-heavily-mutated-coronavirus/

a lot more study is needed but this is the stuff that keeps epidemiologists awake at night.. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, from the home of CC said:

may be the least of every ones worries, I guess time will tell if the vaccines available will be effective down the road..

https://www.newscientist.com/article/2268014-exclusive-two-variants-have-merged-into-heavily-mutated-coronavirus/

a lot more study is needed but this is the stuff that keeps epidemiologists awake at night.. 

Watch out it's the mutant recombinant version it's time everyone shat themselves again when someone sneezes better stock up on dunny paper!

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, HaoleBoy said:

Anyone know all the different vaccines that have been approved to date?  

I don't want the Russian or Chinese vaccines.

The complete list; 

1) AstraZeneca 

2) Sinovac promised to be approved before the Thai Airways jet carrying it wheels hit the ground. 

• Like 2